A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

12 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Doesn't she have the affidavit?

Nope.  It's sealed.  They will get it as part of discovery if he's indicted, otherwise it will stay sealed*

*not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.  Lawdogs, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, butthurt said:

This might a fitting end for Trump, but not this poor guy.

Police believe James Rogers, a 72-year-old Port Arthur man, and his Shih Tzu, "Baby Girl" Leia, died of heat exhaustion after Rogers used tools to try to pry himself from the vehicle and attempted to get the attention of passersby at the Waffle House parking lot on Jimmy Johnson Boulevard.

Dying like a dog in a parking lot where nobody notices.

For the actual man, I wonder about his realization of the absurdity that he might die in such a place in such a way: unable to open the door to his new car on a blistering summer day. RIP

I don't even need to read these to know they are completely full of shit.  This is common sense stuff.  Much like the "can a president pardon him/herself?" question.  It's fucking dumb.  If this were by the book, then we are the dumbest country in the history of the world.  

Somehow reminds me of this:

Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr : Dolores, I am making a citizen's divorce.
Dolores : [laughing] What?
Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr : By the powers vested in me, I hereby declare our marriage null and void! E pluribus unum!

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I think it’s still important. Trump uses his talents to make public opinion influence legal niceties and this is important outside the courtroom in any event. 

“taking classified documents” is something GED holders can get their heads around as wrong. That’s what I think about Watergate.  Big sprawling story, but also had “president was in on a burglary” was a simple enough idea that the whole country understood its wrongness. 

Agree with you generally, but I recall Nixon leaving office with 24% of Americans approving of him. The approximately one quarter of Americans sticking with the GOP no matter what has been remarkably consistent over the years. Inside the turd that is the GOP is a very hard, dull crystal that never wants to be freed from the shit.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

None of the offenses listed in the search warrant require the documents to be classified.

I suppose we should consider the unpleasant possibility that they are considering persons other than Trump for violation of those statutes.

Trump sure seems to feel enormous heat. He's flailing like goat got ahold of his mushroom.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well, now that you mention it….

Again, I wonder if this is Putin's last move with Trump. Allow the US to recognize that their system installed a Russian asset and then continued to support him when the truth came out.  And his supporters will even then not step away.

This must be the brightest spot in Putin's daily considerations. His army is getting chewed up and shit out in Ukraine, his health may be failing, but he can still play with his toy in American.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Nope.  It's sealed.  They will get it as part of discovery if he's indicted, otherwise it will stay sealed*

*not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.  Lawdogs, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

This is what constitutes an elaborate mole hunt for these people. 

1. Bait the DOJ to unseal the unredacted affidavit
  2. Identify the informant
  3. Profit

Counter-subconscious espionage

22 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

OK guys, this may be the best one yet

Like I said yersterday morning:

On 8/12/2022 at 7:34 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

I think a legal theory will take shape like this: if he took classified docs, well, he was president when he left the house, and thus he declassified them by becoming not president with them in his possession. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The best people

I'm telling yall. Garland isn't a rookie at this. It's all set up to catch dumbass in the lies and espionage trap with no way to back out of it and the raid was just shutting the door on the trap. 

Now will the political bullshit of the United States fuck this up? Maybe. But it doesn't seem the DOJ is going to do so. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I made the mistake of responding to my biological father who is magatard all the way. Thought he might have come around but nope. 

He started with the fox news bullshit and when I shot that down he regressed to his toddler defense strategy of repeating ""Hillarys emails" over and over in a shrieking tone. 

Can I have him committed?

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If the lawyer actually believed all the material had been returned at the time they signed the affidavit , does that absolve them at all?

Only if they're the one that came back once they found out it was wrong and became the informant. If so they'll testify to Trump lying to them that all the records had been returned. If they were semi smart at all they made a secret recording of Trump saying this just in case for proof. 

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So what would the real estate market look like if Texas seceded?  Will all the cali conservatives pile in as fast as the Texas progressives file out?

Nobody is seceding, the grift is in the threat.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Garland isn't a rookie at this.

I honestly have no idea how this plays out, I'm 50/50 whether it comes to anything, and people an certainly have their opinion about Garlands pace and whatnot. One thing I can promise you though is Merrick Garland a shitload smarter than anyone in Trump's orbit.

• Hook 'Em 3

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement