Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

One positive sign for this upcoming weekend was the edges did a really good job against Rice of... setting an edge. They were aggressive, but also aware of their responsibility. I don't remember anyone sprinting up field past the QB and leaving a huge running lane. Everyone seems to understand their job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

PK is a good defensive coordinator. 

Gave up 24 points but produced 10 points off turnovers. Bama has issues but that's still tough to do with their talent level on the road. 

Can't really fault him for that last TD. Those guys have to do their job. Hopefully, he chews their ass even with the win. 

He called a damn good game. I didn't give him enough credit for last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

The soft middle of the zone needs work but a win is a win is a win.   The Dline was dominant.

That's tough against a QB like Milroe. It's pretty obvious they weren't going to let Milroe go off in the run game and had multiple people watching him (including middle of the field).

They gave up some big plays over the middle in the passing game but that was always a winning strategy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That's tough against a QB like Milroe. It's pretty obvious they weren't going to let Milroe go off in the run game and had multiple people watching him (including middle of the field).

They gave up some big plays over the middle in the passing game but that was always a winning strategy. 

I agree and making Millroe beat us with his arm proved a winning strategy.   How many more good running QBs will we see this season?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I agree and making Millroe beat us with his arm proved a winning strategy.   How many more good running QBs will we see this season?

Not sure but I don't think there are any as athletic as Milroe. 

Honestly, even with his passing issues I think Milroe kept Bama in the game by avoiding a lot of pressure all night. 

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Hill is the truth 

Yeah, it looks like we have some guys that can get to the QB now with Hill and Burke. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

The soft middle of the zone needs work but a win is a win is a win.   The Dline was dominant.

The soft middle was only exposed because Bama has the athletes to do it, and their OL held the fuck out of every DL we sent after their QB. The only reason we didn't end up with 10+ sacks is the blatant holding.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yeah that 4th Q sack by Burke was excellent, just doing whatever he had to against a pretty good LT to get Milroe down. Super impressive for someone just beginning to tap his potential. It was just a win all the way around from identifying a talented player late in the process, to getting good weight on him, to development. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Pete K is a dude.

I lived in Seattle for a while and had trouble squaring how UW fans felt about him and what we saw in year 1.

At this point I'm convinced we just had bad personnel and poor technical coaching for what he wanted to do.  Rather than change it a lot in year one, he kept rolling with his system knowing we might have to take some lumps to get there faster.  At this point that looks like the right call.

I've questioned Sark on a lot of things, but his faith in the defensive staff seemed unwavering and seems to reflect that he knows talent when he hires it and isn't shaken by early returns.  "These guys didn't just forget how to coach" was essentially the answer after year one.  Looks like they did not.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, troph said:

Is PK the kind we would expect to be looking for a HC job or is he a career coordinator ? 

I don’t think he wants the HC life. He’s never really pursued any midlevel openings and he has been a “fit” for several in the NW.

So guys want to just coach and not deal with the other bullshit….

On the other hand, if Choate is still here next fall it will be some sort of miracle…

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Guess I’m having crow for breakfast. That was a beastly performance

hookem PK!!!

Yeah, I’ve talked a ton of shit about this guy on this thread, but I’ll be damned if he hasn’t molded this unit into a badass defense. We play angry and we don’t fuck around when it comes to run defense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

I don’t think he wants the HC life. He’s never really pursued any midlevel openings and he has been a “fit” for several in the NW.

On the other hand, if Choate is still here next fall it will be some sort of miracle…

Sark should be pointing to Venables and saying “not everyone is cut out to be a HC, but you can be a damn good DC and win titles doing that”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Pete K is a dude.

I lived in Seattle for a while and had trouble squaring how UW fans felt about him and what we saw in year 1.

At this point I'm convinced we just had bad personnel and poor technical coaching for what he wanted to do.  Rather than change it a lot in year one, he kept rolling with his system knowing we might have to take some lumps to get there faster.  At this point that looks like the right call.

I've questioned Sark on a lot of things, but his faith in the defensive staff seemed unwavering and seems to reflect that he knows talent when he hires it and isn't shaken by early returns.  "These guys didn't just forget how to coach" was essentially the answer after year one.  Looks like they did not.

Co-signed.   I lived up there and he was well thought of

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Yeah this is what I remember when they were brought on…Choate has always been mentioned as someone who’d be open to a HC role at some point 

I’m happy to eat big plate of crow on PK and this staff.  In the first year we all wanted him gone, but kudos to the ones in charge for keeping him around.  That show the D put on last night was spectacular!

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

When we win the national championship, somebody's gonna come callin' for PK.

Just pay him $6 mil/year to stick around!

14 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

PK is a good defensive coordinator. 

Gave up 24 points but produced 10 points off turnovers. Bama has issues but that's still tough to do with their talent level on the road. 

Posted in the season thread but through the 1st two games

+5 Turnover Margin
202 Passing Opponents passing yards per game 
67 Rushing Opponents rush yards per game

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?