2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Gerry:

IT will be watching for a certain former Top 300 ranked prospect to hit the portal Friday or Saturday. When that happens, Texas will be very much in the mix ... if not the outright favorite. And this is the level of portal player the Texas program needs.

This reads like whoever it is is already out and just waiting for his name to hit the portal (doesn't it take 24 hours or so before someone is officially in the portal?)

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Gerry:

IT will be watching for a certain former Top 300 ranked prospect to hit the portal Friday or Saturday. When that happens, Texas will be very much in the mix ... if not the outright favorite. And this is the level of portal player the Texas program needs.

Quentin Johnson?  Just a wild, hopeful guess ... 

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Gerry:

Kayshon Boutte please

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This reads like whoever it is is already out and just waiting for his name to hit the portal (doesn't it take 24 hours or so before someone is officially in the portal?)

I think that 24 hours is just how long the school has to enter the athletes name. They can go into the portal immediately if the school wants to enter it immediately. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

he said top 300.. think if it were a big fish like Donovan Jackson, he would say top 100

I thought the same thing at first but he works for On3 and frequently references their 300 so can't be sure of that. Plus even if the guy was 201-300 if he is an actually good player to get that hype from Hamilton and not just a prospect then even better. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is one of the guys you guys should expect at Texas. One of the film dorks needs to take a look at his film and such and tell us whether he's another jagger or something better. I'm guessing jagger.

If he's our portal answer to our pass rushing issues then 2022 is going to be a really disappointing year. He's not twitchy and doesn't really show much power. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Is this the one that is of interest to us that was hitting the portal today? 

We have more DTs than we can shake a stick at right now. The only needle moving transfers would be OL, WR, LB, or S (assuming we get Ewers). 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)