Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Look, we clearly don't have enough guns, and that is the problem. Because that's how logic works. Like if you are too fat, what you need is more food. 

I think we can all agree that if the skinny people ate more food that would solve obesity.

that is essentially the argument they are asking us to swallow (no pun intended)

Edited by yoladu

Oh and the minute it was announced the shooter was a female, the right desperately wanted it to be a transgendered person, as if that made one hill of beans to the victims and their families.

and if this piece of shit turns out to be transgender, it really is irrelevant to the core problem of mass shootings in this country, but it will be shiny object the right can focus their faux outrage on.

Edited by yoladu

Maybe we should install these in every classroom in America so the libs will leave assault type weapons alone:

• West Elementary School in Cullman has installed $60,000 bulletproof rooms inside two classrooms, a first of its kind
  • The ballistic wall is designed to act as a whiteboard when it is not deployed, laying flat against the walls, but can be deployed into a room within 10 seconds 
  • It is equipped with a handle-less door, to protect students from a shooter entering the small saferoom from the outside, and is abled to be locked inside

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

Oh and the minute it was announced the shooter was a female, the right desperately wanted it to be a transgendered person, as if that made one hill of beans to the victims and their families.

and if this piece of shit turns out to be transgender, it really is irrelevant to the core problem of mass shootings in this country, but it will be shiny object the right can focus their faux outrage on.

any explanation except the truth

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Just three kids reported dead, so really not that bad. I mean, it's about 85% better than Uvalde really. I'm sure the parents will just get over it.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2023/03/27/covenant-school-nashville-shooting-green-hills/70052363007/

That's no tragedy! How many kids do you lose on a normal school day? 30? 40?! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Wrong. On the 7th day God created AR-15s, not queers!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Maybe we should install these in every classroom in America so the libs will leave assault type weapons alone:

• West Elementary School in Cullman has installed $60,000 bulletproof rooms inside two classrooms, a first of its kind
  • The ballistic wall is designed to act as a whiteboard when it is not deployed, laying flat against the walls, but can be deployed into a room within 10 seconds 
  • It is equipped with a handle-less door, to protect students from a shooter entering the small saferoom from the outside, and is abled to be locked inside

But what about the kids in the hallway or in the cafeteria?  What do you do in those 10 seconds when deploying when the shooter is already in the classroom? 🤔

54 minutes ago, yoladu said:

meanwhile on Texags...

it's really unbelievable..

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3369996

Aggies offer the uncut, totally un-selfconscious dogma of the dangerous right. 

image.png.3da9841b1dc890ef0d7eb3f5e097d9cf.png

image.png.110eac09651c59bfccdb5030cb97fe90.png

Same guy. The usual complaint about their omnipotent, omnipresent God being shoved around.

image.png.ff04cc752f531d7434514bc2e329a626.png

image.png.693f68ffcd8cbf3327b457b741eefebd.png

image.png.eb1e4388afebda6543bb9d0c1c1080d0.png

image.png.dca0c6cae262e0f2b641530ed443fcbd.png

Lastly, we get how an Aggie cuts to the core of a problem.

image.png.793e9ed0f52c3a513749f3293395b661.png

The problem is your LBGTQ community so famed for it's violence and general threat to society. 

I don't like going to Texags for politics because this shit is so typical, but sometimes it's good to know exactly what typical is for so many millions of Americans.

I'm not posting any of this because it's funny as one might do on the recruiting or football boards. This is mortifying.

• Like 5
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, speed817 said:

But what about the kids in the hallway or in the cafeteria?  What do you do in those 10 seconds when deploying when the shooter is already in the classroom? 🤔

What do you do when someone just waits for school to get out and mows the kids down right outside?

This will never stop unless something is done about the guns.

• Rage+1 2

Reports are that a team of five ran toward the area where shots were heard. Contrast that with recently released video clips of armed officers in Uvalde who ran from the area where shots were being fired. They were afraid of the gun power possessed by the shooter, even though they were similarly armed themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Deej said:

If everyone would just stop having children, eventually the school shootings would stop. 

The country seems to be trying that strategy, and I can't blame them in many ways.

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Reports are that a team of five ran toward the area where shots were heard. Contrast that with recently released video clips of armed officers in Uvalde who ran from the area where shots were being fired. They were afraid of the gun power possessed by the shooter, even though they were similarly armed themselves.

The Uvalde cowards could have attacked through two doors and the windows. The risk would be spread and the element of surprise would even further reduce risk to the armed men who have taken pay to do just this.

As you state, the armed officers of Nashville did their jobs under likely more dangerous conditions and easily eliminated the threat. 

Aside from my state being anti-republic, the Uvalde "event" is perhaps my biggest shame as a Texan in the current century.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Native Horn said:

Just spitballing here, but you may be on to something!

Can you imagine the fear of the kids and teachers who lived or died as this craziness played out? Nobody, even armed police officers, wants to be shredded to death by ammo from an assault weapon. As a country we should be ashamed that we permit this kind of avoidable carnage to continue, but we’re not. The rest of the civilized world must look at us and think, what a morally bankrupt bunch of exceptional people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Fatty should be around soon to talk about the rounds used and how much fun "assault rifles" are. 

that's not his POV. His actual POV is that he can support red flag laws provided that they meet an evidentiary threshold that is higher than what's required for a murder conviction. @fattyflattie I want to be fair here, so feel free to clarify. 

This isn't a call out. I just have every expectation that this will wind up being another potential red flag situation. 

That Texags thread shows the clear power of unchallenged Christian propaganda, from birth to college and beyond.

The thread also shows the inability of secular/science education to counter the sacred scrolls and fact-free fables — which serve as an all-purpose template to blindly interpret all of reality, along with past, present, and future events. That's the template for 40-50% of Americans and it's effecting a massive intellectual collapse. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck those goons. 

Careful. Dont want to damage any likeminded snowflakes that post around here like Fatty. He might take offense to that, but when he thinks like an aggy, and votes like an aggy, well.....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

that MTG tweet is just...wow. legit holy shit.

i didn't think i was capable of being shocked anymore. but yay, the floor ain't done sinking! jfc

And thanks to the deal she cut with McCarthy, she is not "fringe" any more. She is in a position of power within the party. 

10 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Careful. Dont want to damage any likeminded snowflakes that post around here like Fatty. He might take offense to that, but when he thinks like an aggy, and votes like an aggy, well.....

Fuck those Goons who fuck sheep. That better? 

I mean it. I have a lot of teacher friends. We talk about this shit all the time. I really do not know what we can do to end it. 

Glad my kids are out of school. 

37 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I wonder if the aggys know it’s not the fentanyl that’s the problem…it’s the people.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

2 things:

1) This country needs stricter gun laws.  It is shocking how easy it is to acquire a deadly weapon.  Even more shocking to see mentally deranged have such easy access.

2) When are we going to start treating trans people for what they are... mentally ill individuals. 

Even if your second point was true, we don’t pay much attention to the mentally ill, much less treat their illnesses.

Edited by Satchel
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 things:
1) This country needs stricter gun laws.  It is shocking how easy it is to acquire a deadly weapon.  Even more shocking to see mentally deranged have such easy access.
2) When are we going to start treating trans people for what they are... mentally ill individuals. 

Communist. Muh rights!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

even if it were true that being a trans person meant you were mentally ill.  Why advocate for selling that much firepower to someone you think is mentally ill?  

If receiving gender treatments makes you mentally ill, would that be to some of you like say some kinda "red flag"?  

My god, what if there are other warning signs that a person may be unfit to open multiple assault rifles?  This is huge, this could reframe the whole Bill of Rights!  

*sigh* 

Some of you are close to being capable of critical thinking, but there are some hurdles too high I suppose.  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

For trans people - "definitely too sick to have access to guns."

For repeat spousal abusers - "sHAll nOT bE InFrINgeD!1!!!"

GTFO here with that shit.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2