• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

20 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Texas A&M plans facility near NASA to prepare for moon visits..

https://tinyurl.com/2cfucckl

The new team, which includes Ambrose, hopes to develop an indoor rock yard at the facility where they can simulate lighting conditions on the moon. On the lunar South Pole, where NASA missions intend to land, the sun is never more than 5 degrees above the horizon. This creates a blinding light when traveling toward the sun and mile-long shadows when traveling away from the sun.

New A&M moon campus!

This enrages me.  $200mm of state money to....simulate lighting conditions.  Unreal.  The tex leg continues to blow money by sending packages like this to aggy.  Their academics aren't anywhere near where they should be for projects like this.  There isn't a single graduate of aggy that should be anywhere near something like the space program.  This is the definition of things a bunch of rednecks will never be able to do or understand.  This money should flow to universities who would be seen as adults in the room for these types of projects.  aggy should be allocated $25k to study "make seed to be plant" or some shit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I bet there is a tweet  from this Baghdad Bob like character for every QB since his man crush Johnny Football.

Someone with solid Twitter research skills could probably confirm this. I swear I remember a similar tweet before last season or the season before it, or both?, regarding Haynes King. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Lets stop using that failure of a photoshop.  The person who made it was too lazy to even put the logo on there properly. 

What are you talking about?  It's the self-leveling logo hat.  It is great for looking sharp on days when you are standing sideways on a hill.  

12 minutes ago, bmbmd said:

To be fair, Roger is my third favorite aggy singer.  "Gulf Coast Time" and "River Song" are on my all time favorites list.  This, though-this is horrid. 

I can't believe I did that to myself.  Made it through 37 seconds.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bmbmd said:

To be fair, Roger is my third favorite aggy singer.  "Gulf Coast Time" and "River Song" are on my all time favorites list.  This, though-this is horrid. 

He’s a hometown boy and I’ve met him.  I used to like him, 25 years ago, but his voice and singing style bothers me a lot now.  It feels forced and formulaic, almost a caricature.

p.s. I never heard that stupid Aggie song.  That’s is terrible

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

10 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

This enrages me.  $200mm of state money to....simulate lighting conditions.  Unreal.  The tex leg continues to blow money by sending packages like this to aggy.  Their academics aren't anywhere near where they should be for projects like this.  There isn't a single graduate of aggy that should be anywhere near something like the space program.  This is the definition of things a bunch of rednecks will never be able to do or understand.  This money should flow to universities who would be seen as adults in the room for these types of projects.  aggy should be allocated $25k to study "make seed to be plant" or some shit.

...and all the money will be spent on an Estes rocket kit being launched from some aggy backyard.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:17 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

College sports top donors: Ranking the most generous athletics boosters

Posted on 8/30/23 at 4:57 pm
up vote1down vote0
bkm1.png
Per 247 Sports: 

quote:
Which universities have the most generous athletics boosters? According to total cumulative “donations and contributions” findings from 2005 through the 2022 season via USA Today and the Knight Commission, programs who receive the most from generous donors tend to have a heightened advantage against others through recruiting success, coaching prestige, facility enhancements and other upgrades. 
Only public universities were included in the findings since their financials are public.  

1. Oregon $969 million 

2. Texas A&M $849 million 

3. Texas $766 million 

4. Florida $763 million 

5. Georgia $716 million 

6. Oklahoma State (thanks T Boone) $670 million 

7. LSU $618 million 

8. Oklahoma $597 million  

9. Auburn $580 million 

10. Florida State $540 million 

LINK

Posted Wednesday at 06:17 PM
College sports top donors: Ranking the most generous athletics boosters
Posted on 8/30/23 at 4:57 pm
up vote1down vote0
bkm1.png
Per 247 Sports:

quote: Which universities have the most generous athletics boosters? According to total cumulative “donations and contributions” findings from 2005 through the 2022 season via USA Today and the Knight Commission, programs who receive the most from generous donors tend to have a heightened advantage against others through recruiting success, coaching prestige, facility enhancements and other upgrades.
    Only public universities were included in the findings since their financials are public.   

1. Oregon $969 million

2. Texas A&M $849 million

3. Texas $766 million

4. Florida $763 million

5. Georgia $716 million

6. Oklahoma State (thanks T Boone) $670 million

7. LSU $618 million

8. Oklahoma $597 million  

9. Auburn $580 million

10. Florida State $540 million

LINK