• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

"delicious"

If you have this in your house, I ain't eating there.

The *ONLY* time A1 makes any sense is when you are a guest and the jackwagon on the grill cooks all the steaks well done. Not eating may be a better option, but sometimes you have to be polite.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Other than my in-laws, who are cattle ranchers (or were before retirement), I don't trust anyone who eats a steak well-done.  A1's not a big deal to me, I don't like it, but it's not a deal-breaker.  But yeah, its usage typically follows a poorly cooked steak.  That, or ketchup.  I honestly don't get it.  What's the point of eating red meat if you're gonna turn it into a wallet with shitty sauce on top to take the edge off the fact it tastes like ass?  Why not just eat something different and save yourself the calories, heartburn, and cholesterol?  If you're gonna do a steak, go big or go home.  They just sit down to these charred, dark brown hunks of shit, like 4 days a week just to eat "Beef."  And it looks fucking miserable.  At least they use A1 and not ketchup anymore, but still.  

Is it just as you get older?  Because I used to go medium rare, and now medium rare+ or medium.  I guess if this continues, I'll do well done after 70 years old?  But who goes through the trouble and expense of a steak to get it served like rubber dog shit covered in crap sauce?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Other than my in-laws, who are cattle ranchers (or were before retirement), I don't trust anyone who eats a steak well-done.  A1's not a big deal to me, I don't like it, but it's not a deal-breaker.  But yeah, its usage typically follows a poorly cooked steak.  That, or ketchup.  I honestly don't get it.  What's the point of eating red meat if you're gonna turn it into a wallet with shitty sauce on top to take the edge off the fact it tastes like ass?  Why not just eat something different and save yourself the calories, heartburn, and cholesterol?  If you're gonna do a steak, go big or go home.  They just sit down to these charred, dark brown hunks of shit, like 4 days a week just to eat "Beef."  And it looks fucking miserable.  At least they use A1 and not ketchup anymore, but still.  

Is it just as you get older?  Because I used to go medium rare, and now medium rare+ or medium.  I guess if this continues, I'll do well done after 70 years old?  But who goes through the trouble and expense of a steak to get it served like rubber dog shit covered in crap sauce?  

I agree and take it a step further. I will only eat a steak if it’s a bone-in ribeye. I’ve gone to many corporate and social functions with a set menu and when it’s a choice between the filet mignon or the chicken or fish, I’m never choosing the filet. Why waste the red-meat allowance of cholesterol and fat on anything but a medium-rare bone-in ribeye, I say.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Well done steak is the same deal as Mc Donald's "food". Its just a sauce delivery vehicle. Try eating a Big Mac dry or a plain chicken nuggets. Zero flavor at all. Pure trash. It's only edible if your Tremendous pallet and Huge appetite and Bigly knowledge of food favor ketchup.

I agree and take it a step further. I will only eat a steak if it’s a bone-in ribeye. I’ve gone to many corporate and social functions with a set menu and when it’s a choice between the filet mignon or the chicken or fish, I’m never choosing the filet. Why waste the red-meat allowance of cholesterol and fat on anything but a medium-rare bone-in ribeye, I say.
Because one can get a really fucking high quality well marbled NY strip or Porterhouse as well???
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Cooked 6 Wagyu tomahawks yesterday for Easter. Averaged around 2.5 pounds each. 60 bucks a freakin piece!!! No A1 necessary.

IMG_1260.thumb.jpeg.e5a65609edeb942cd064fb808cb3b506.jpeg

Currently at Costco off of 635 and 75 in Dallas. 
I did not buy any. 

• Like 1

Waited tables at a mid-level local steakhouse in college. Dude orders a sirloin. Well done. Then asks for ketchup. He cuts the whole steak into little pieces, like smaller than a dime. Pours half the bottle of ketchup on it. Stirs it all together into a burnt steak/ketchup glop. Eats it with a spoon.
That was over 30 years ago, and it’s seared into my brain.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

Waited tables at a mid-level local steakhouse in college. Dude orders a sirloin. Well done. Then asks for ketchup. He cuts the whole steak into little pieces, like smaller than a dime. Pours half the bottle of ketchup on it. Stirs it all together into a burnt steak/ketchup glop. Eats it with a spoon.
That was over 30 years ago, and it’s seared into my brain.
Holy shit, this was my dad's 2nd ex-wife's maneuver to the letter. She drown everything in heinz. Eggs, potatoes, and any meat. This was the early 80s so no Costco or Sam's options. She'd be buying 2 or 3 bottles at a time.

I remember him taking us all out to dinner to a nice steakhouse & him begging her to order a good cut properly cooked & try it without ketchup. She had one bite, acted like she was going to throw up, & asked the waiter to bring ketchup. He discreetly brought a small ramaken. She asked him for 4 more, then proceeded to make the steak soup like brisket described.

Still not as nauseating as watching her pour a pint of ketchup onto mashed potatoes that were already smothered in brown gravy then mix everything together. I've been in Port o pots that have looked less offensive.
  • Rage+1 2