Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

It’s damn near impossible to see how this team only wins 7. Or 8. BurntOrange&White and I could be co-coordinators and bring us 7.

The roster is built out. Really the only limitation is experience. You’d prefer 3rd year Olinemen to second year guys. But we’ve also got shit you’ve never seen before - Jones, Whitt - guys on their 5th years of not redshirting. While we may be short on experience in some places, we’ve got lots of it in others.

Hell some have expressed their concern at the 3rd TE spot as one of the bigger concerns. Don’t lose sleep over that.

Who cares about 3rd TE? 4th string QB is what keeps me up at night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I was feeling really good about this season until I saw that Herbie interview.  If that broke dick mf’er thinks Ewers is going to be good, we are definitely fucked.  

We were fucked when he called us a dumpster fire. Herbie has no bearing on our team.

At least, this year there's another QB on the roster (and arguably two) who can step into the QB1 role if and when Ewers stumbles. If he does stumble and Sark lets him stay on the field, we'll have all information we need to send Sark packing.

Why are you trying to find some excuse to fire sark???
  • Hook 'Em 1

haha holy shit how many times has this been uttered in june over the last dozen years?

That’s a good and fair question. But this time it’s for real. Cause Mitchell is a champion.

But legitimately in the last dozen years, it probably hasn’t been said as often as you’d think.

5 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Quinn Ewers' 2023 stats: Passing - 4500 YDS 42 TD's 7 INT'S,  Rushing - 112 YDS, 2 TD'S

Book it. 

I may have had a beer or twelve 

Yeah, username and all that.

But I hope you’re right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

This team is marginally better than the one that got worked by Washington in the Alamo Bowl. 

We can always count on you to come in and throw a wet blanket on the discussion. I guess well done is in order.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:27 AM, Tex Long said:

At least, this year there's another QB on the roster (and arguably two) who can step into the QB1 role if and when Ewers stumbles. If he does stumble and Sark lets him stay on the field, we'll have all information we need to send Sark packing.

i've been (rightfully) critical of QE, but i think that this is his breakout season. he's struggled here because the transition from "supremely talented superstar on supremely talented team" to "starting QB at a major program with national title hopes" is a tough transition for most. that plus his first major injury have led to him "underperforming" to this point. based on everything that i've read and seen from him this offseason, i think he breaks out and truly shows why he was rated so highly in the first place. i'm truly excited to watch him lead our offense this year. i don't think there will be any qb controversy whatsoever.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:27 AM, Tex Long said:

How would you describe stumbling? 

Iirc peyton manning once threw 6 interceptions including 5 in the first half and was still allowed to throw 58 passes and nearly secure a comeback. 

Sark treats his QB1 like an NFL franchise player. You might not like it, but he's not going to change just because you've decided a player got the yips. 

Edited by Eggo
  • Hook 'Em 2

Iirc peyton manning once threw 6 interceptions including 5 in the first half and was still allowed to throw 58 passes and nearly secure a comeback. 
Sark treats his QB1 like an NFL franchise player. You might not like it, but he's not going to change just because you've decided a player got the yips. 

What was Peyton’s history at the time? Who was his backup?

14 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Stumbling? Not playing well enough to win. 

If Sark were coaching well enough to have a better nickname than "7 Win", you might have a point. He doesn't and you don't.

Edited by Tex Long

25 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Who is Quinn’s back-up? The raw kid that has never seen the field, that has struggled to stay healthy the last 18 months or the prodigy that is a true freshman? Neither of this scream ready to play big time football right now 

Edited by Codaxx

Who is Quinn’s back-up? The raw kid that has never seen the field, that has struggled to stay healthy the last 18 months or the prodigy that is a true freshman? Neither of this scream ready to play big time football right now 

I was talking about last season, when Quinn was smearing the bed with fresh feces.

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Stumbling? Not playing well enough to win. 

If Sark were coaching well enough to have a better nickname than "7 Win", you might have a point. He doesn't and you don't.

thumbs-up-nod.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/5/2023 at 1:23 AM, Jkwellborn said:

He was 6-1 at that time (with 4 pt loss to Patriots), with 13-3 TD/INT ratio, and had just won the Superbowl the year before.  Just like Quinn Ewers in terms of on-field achievements.

We have to grow up a lot on offense. Quinn has to see it, trust his eyes and cut it loose. He’s a young player in a complicated offense. He’s leading a bunch of other young players. Each guy has to do their job or we get mixed results like last season. But gaining more knowledge of the offense and trust of his teammates within the offense should go a long way in fixing his footwork issues. 

We have to grow up a lot on offense. Quinn has to see it, trust his eyes and cut it loose. He’s a young player in a complicated offense. He’s leading a bunch of other young players. Each guy has to do their job or we get mixed results like last season. But gaining more knowledge of the offense and trust of his teammates within the offense should go a long way in fixing his footwork issues. 

Almost as if we will benefit from stability in the coaching staff, all else equal…we have to quit trying to throw the staff out whenever a season goes south. I think we’ve seen enough from sark to know he is competent and to chill out and quit overreacting and give the process some time. But…that’s in theory not practice
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

How many games are we giving Quinn to show he has "the juice" like Vince? Im thirsty for some Murphy.  We give him until ou halftime?

That’s the standard to get benched?  Be the greatest college qb of all-time or gtfo? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

That’s the standard to get benched?  Be the greatest college qb of all-time or gtfo? 

Well Vince did get benched near the end of a tech game so that mock could attempt a last minute drive to win.  And he got benched at home against Missouri when he was terrible- actually caught a long pass as a wr.  And he was not pulled when ou shut us out. 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet