FSU/LSU from the Superdome - 6:30 pm ABC

ztejas

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Badass! Also do people in the stands do the surrender Cobra on purpose now. It’s become lame. So lame it was mentioned in the broadcast. And there is nothing like College football. Nothing. So badass.

I mean it’s a normal human posture. It’s lame because it has a dumb name.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

@slorch assured me the CFB fan was losing all excitement because a shitty Oregon team got shit on by the defending national champion 

That was just code for “no one wants my suck ass university in their big boy football conference so CFB is boring and dead to me”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

That was hilarious. I swear it looked as though some of those players were trying to throw the game. Could this game wind up being like Texas beating ND, where both teams ended up being shit?

I follow FSU in part because, like Nebraska, they are one of the few teams that have slipped in stature as much as Texas has over the past several seasons, and basking in their misery is therapeutic given how shitty the past dozen years have been. Anyway, their fans have not been very optimistic about the team’s prospects this season. They were feeling a bit better about this game as the week progressed, but I’m not sure exactly how much anybody should take away from it.

5 minutes ago, SamMan said:

That was hilarious. I swear it looked as though some of those players were trying to throw the game. Could this game wind up being like Texas beating ND, where both teams ended up being shit?

I follow FSU in part because, like Nebraska, they are one of the few teams that have slipped in stature as much as Texas has over the past several seasons, and basking in their misery is therapeutic given how shitty the past dozen years have been. Anyway, their fans have not been very optimistic about the team’s prospects this season. They were feeling a bit better about this game as the week progressed, but I’m not sure exactly how much anybody should take away from it.

I think both teams are shit. FSU isn't back all of a sudden. 

Edited by Tex48
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

Those are the worst ones. Tallahassee is like Oklahoma with palm trees.

Oklahoma with palm trees is more appropriate for Gainesville, not Tallahassee.

You can't throw a rock in any direction from UF's campus and NOT hit a meth lab.

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Really? The announcers pronounced it “booty.” I figured they were just waiting to make a “booty call” pun after a big play.

Why doesn’t he use an accent over the ‘e’ like John does?

If there's an accent on the e, it's boo-tay.  If there isn't an accent, it's boot.

It's never booty.

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Really? The announcers pronounced it “booty.” I figured they were just waiting to make a “booty call” pun after a big play.

Why doesn’t he use an accent over the ‘e’ like John does?

All the Bouttes I know can't be assed to put the accent over the 'e' but still say Boo-tay.

Boutte should be an easy one lol, I can see mispronouncing Gobert (Go-burt instead of Go-bear) or my surname 'Simon' if a person isn't from SE Texas or southern Louisiana. 

This

7-8 incredible games this weekend.

god college football is so much better than the nfl
7 to 8 games out of how many?? That's a very low percentage overall.

This game was nothing more than 2 subpar teams playing regarded football. Like the Dolphins playing the Jets.

College is just an appetizer for the NFL in terms of talent and entertainment.

57 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

which side was this referring to? be honest

FSU. They were later bailed out by the blocked PAT, which was caused by their effort, so good for them. But the play call near the LSU goal of a pitch to a RB who was running toward the LOS, worried about getting hit in the mouth, that’s a dumb fucking play call.

• Hook 'Em 2