Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

3 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Even if Maalik weren't leaving Arch was always going to be the choice if this scenario presented itself. Sark managed Arch's playing time accordingly to where he could play in both CFP games and still not burn his RS.

The CFP doesn’t count toward games played for redshirt purposes.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Slacks said:

This is a bit, right? 

Should’ve clarified not an FBS talent currently. That’s my bad. You can’t teach that arm strength he has. He’ll probably never be a mobile threat, but if he can improve his ability to actually read a defense and his accuracy he has a very high ceiling. He does have a long way to go, not to knock him or anything but it’s just the current reality.

25 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I sure hope he does.

That dude bided his time with no drama or bitching, stepped up and just won when his number was called, and then sat back down with no drama or bitching when that time came.  That's a different kinda cat in this day and age.

Unless it's against us, I will be rooting for that mf'er no matter where he ends up.  Get out there and wreck shop MM.

Yup. He'll land somewhere. I just hope that it's somewhere else that can develop so he can fully maximize his potential. By all accounts a really good guy all around and stated he's forever a Horn. 

Hook'em Maalik!

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

And actually thinking about it more that QB Louisville trotted out in the ACC title game was the worst college football player I have ever seen. So if that guy is an FBS talent then Maalik is one easily. 

Don’t you dare lump Maalik in with that shit show.

If Texas wins a championship, does he get a ring?

Hell to the everlivin motherfucking yes.

I mean…Sark put a guy with a torn ACL into the game in Victory formation so he’d “have the experience of playing” in a Conference Championship Game.

Damn straight a QB who was 2-0 as a starter and babysat a lead in another win is going to get the same shit everyone else gets…,except maybe a ride in the parade.

EDIT…didn’t mean to relegate J Brooks to being “a guy”. Point being that Sark is aware of positive optics and he’ll shower Maalik with good vibes
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Helobious said:

And actually thinking about it more that QB Louisville trotted out in the ACC title game was the worst college football player I have ever seen. So if that guy is an FBS talent then Maalik is one easily. 

If Maalik had been either of those teams' QB for that game they'd have won by 3 scores.  Thank God he wasn't a Seminole.

Edited by Cajun
And fuck you autocorrect for continuously removing an "a" from Maalik's name. Fuckin' fuck!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

If Maalik leaves, best of luck to him, unless he goes to one of our rivals... which we have a lot of.

Fuck that.  I'm cheering for Maalik wherever he goes.

He could go to aggy, and I'd hope he would go 25-25 for 350 yards and 4 TDs in every game.  Just so long as aggy then loses every game 70-24.  Which, in light of the fact that their entire defense is apparently transferring, is not entirely out of the question.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah they need to change this to after the CFP is concluded. It also screws up all the other bowl matchups.

The problem then is they would probably have to do away with the early signing period for HS recruits, which seems like it has been a pretty big hit in that space as kids, and especially parents want to be done with that process.  

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The problem then is they would probably have to do away with the early signing period for HS recruits, which seems like it has been a pretty big hit in that space as kids, and especially parents want to be done with that process.  

there is also the situation on getting into school on time for the spring semester for the transfer

• Hook 'Em 2

Even if Maalik weren't leaving Arch was always going to be the choice if this scenario presented itself. Sark managed Arch's playing time accordingly to where he could play in both CFP games and still not burn his RS.
Do bowl and playoff games even count towards a shirt? For some reason I was under the impression they don't.

3 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

He looked afraid of contact to me.  Despite being bigger than most of the defenders.  I just don’t think he’s very good.  I would love to be proven wrong.  

I’m kind of expecting to hear at some point he was playing with a back injury.  

Should’ve clarified not an FBS talent currently. That’s my bad. You can’t teach that arm strength he has. He’ll probably never be a mobile threat, but if he can improve his ability to actually read a defense and his accuracy he has a very high ceiling. He does have a long way to go, not to knock him or anything but it’s just the current reality.
I'd just like to point out Jalen Milroe went from universally regarded as the worst QB in FBS to possibly playing for a national title. And regardless of that will be on the early Heisman watch list for '24...and all this happened in past 3 months.

18 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I'd just like to point out Jalen Milroe went from universally regarded as the worst QB in FBS to possibly playing for a national title. And regardless of that will be on the early Heisman watch list for '24...and all this happened in past 3 months.

Only morons thought Milroe sucked. Go read my posts mocking that idea the day after our game. Along with CTJ and other non regards. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Only morons thought Milroe sucked. Go read my posts mocking that idea the day after our game. Along with CTJ and other non regards. 
It can't be denied even the goat was looking for a replacement in game 3 vs South Florida, but yeah I could see in our game where Milroe had potential to be dangerous if he just got a wee bit better in the passing game, and it seems he's done that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It can't be denied even the goat was looking for a replacement in game 3 vs South Florida, but yeah I could see in our game where Milroe had potential to be dangerous if he just got a wee bit better in the passing game, and it seems he's done that.

There's a big difference between benching a guy to teach him a lesson vs doubting his talent.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers