Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

On 12/16/2023 at 9:10 AM, MissingInAction said:

Who gets injured on the sideline unless they don't have their head up their own ass?

Thanks for the 2 Ws, and good luck.

he was standing pretty far back from the sideline.  our guy blocked a dude into him behind the KO return.

On 12/16/2023 at 8:24 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

I guess he has the size and arm strength to dream on playing in the league so whatever.

I’m not mad at him for maximizing his opportunity- as he sits fit- and this isn’t sour grapes because o hated the take and rolled my eyes at every mention of him ever.
At the end of the day I don’t get it and hate it for him- this is likely going to be the biggest accomplishment he will ever be a part of in his life (outside himself and the potential to have a great marriage or be a good father or do the stuff that really matters) and he’s throwing it away so he can gain 1 more semester of spring practice at a bottom tier P4 school or go to leftover Oregon State. I think these guys get a lot of bad advice and training but maybe he hits the jackpot, becomes an actual NFL talent and can point to this decision as the reason. 

he's not expected to play.  He's the backup.  standing on the sideline while Ewers wins the NC doesn't really advance his career.  If Ewers is coming back, he was always going to transfer.

• Hook 'Em 1

Achieving your goals requires sacrifice. Anyone who has fought to create or pursue something that was far from guaranteed understands the importance of doing everything in your power to increase the likelihood of having success. Time is against you as a student athlete, and even more so as a quarterback. 

He didn't train for 10+ years to be a backup college QB. He dreams of playing in the NFL. He should try his best to make that happen, no matter the odds.

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

This guy will always be a Longhorn. He's unselfish and has been and always will be a person with exceptional character.

The high academic standards at the University of Texas have helped him to get into a university where he will be successful on and off the field.

I'll buy his steak dinner anytime, anywhere (preferably at VY's steak house).

This.

With both the Duke alumni and UT alumni embracing him, his future post football life at whatever he decides to do is incredibly bright.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ousux said:
24 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:
Awesome.  Love that I still get to root for him. 

Same, perfect scenario. I have a feeling he's going to be one of the better Duke QB's in recent memory, if not the best.

Who is going to be his OC?   He obviously needs a system designed for a pocket passer with limited mobility.

• 3 months later...

I have a feeling Sarks system, play calling, and J Brooks were all helping Maalik quite a bit and Duke ain’t gonna have anything close

Hope he stays healthy and balls out though it’s now or never

Seems about what you’d expect. He has the arm to make any throw on the field. Accuracy and decision making need to continue to improve, typical stuff for a guy that really hasn’t played a ton of football. I’m rooting for him big time. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I thought Murphy was just awful last year for us.  Inaccurate.  Afraid of contact.  Panicky.  He was lucky DBs on the other team dropped several gift interceptions.

He didn't look good in the Spring game for Duke either.

We will see.  I have been wrong plenty.  But I think it is more likely than not that he won't be very good at Duke.

9 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I thought Murphy was just awful last year for us.  Inaccurate.  Afraid of contact.  Panicky.  He was lucky DBs on the other team dropped several gift interceptions.

He didn't look good in the Spring game for Duke either.

We will see.  I have been wrong plenty.  But I think it is more likely than not that he won't be very good at Duke.

2-0 as a starter for us which allowed for a big 12 championship and a playoff game.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2