[OFFICIAL DOOM THREAD]Today Democracy Dies

Fastbreak

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The only people who need introspection are those who cackle at the idea of basic civil liberties and democratic governance getting squashed because they think they can make a few more bucks during the decline.  

You really shouldn't go look at the inflation thread then lol

[quote post="4797981" timestamp="1667917962"

Honestly what do you think I’m going to say?

Strokes are serious. Having a recent stroke victim who clearly struggles with thinking and speaking shouldn’t be a sitting senator. What if he wins? Just gonna stow him away and collect votes? I don’t see how he passes the eye test for a lot people despite his policies

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Strokes are serious. Having a recent stroke victim who clearly struggles with thinking and speaking shouldn’t be a sitting senator. What if he wins? Just gonna stow him away and collect votes? I don’t see how he passes the eye test for a lot people despite his policies

Aphasia isn’t a problem with thinking. I have full faith that with therapy his speech issues will be corrected over time. But I know you don’t care about that. He had a D next to his name

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

What a completely self-incriminating post. The GOP is gleefully hoping the economy and everything else melts down, and working towards that goal, because it’s been seized by chaos gremlins who view anger and instability as a route to unchecked power. 

The Democrats are running on preserving democracy because it’s literally the most important thing.  All the other shit falls apart at the seams without it. 

The only people who need introspection are those who cackle at the idea of basic civil liberties and democratic governance getting squashed because they think they can make a few more bucks during the decline.  

How are Republicans working towards the goal of having the economy and everything else melt down?  Reminder, Ds control both houses of Congress and the Executive branch. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 9

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Aphasia isn’t a problem with thinking. I have full faith that with therapy his speech issues will be corrected over time. But I know you don’t care about that. He had a D next to his name

You don’t know if he has any cognitive deficits. He won’t release medical records. This wasn’t a hemorrhagic stroke where the lesion is clearly defined. He could just have aphasia but he wasn’t on anticoagulants while having Afib so he threw a clot/clots up. 

• Fuck You 6

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Leaving aside the fact that a stroke victim’s issues with speech are not necessarily related to their ability to think, you’ve hit on the fundamental difference between the current GOP voter and everyone else (both Dems and independents).  Fetterman shows up to debate and obviously has issues with speech, then drops in the polls.  It shows those that were planning on voting for him think critically and are having second thoughts.  That’s healthy voter behavior.  Meanwhile, the GOP runs out traitorous and retarded shitbags like Walker and Masters, and they expose their stupidity/sedition in debates, and no such change.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to [OFFICIAL DOOM THREAD]Today Democracy Dies
6 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

How are Republicans working towards the goal of having the economy and everything else melt down?  Reminder, Ds control both houses of Congress and the Executive branch. 

Are you fucking kidding me? You don’t see how telling lies that you really won elections you lost and threatening to weaponize legal system and local elections to implement one-party rule is “working to melt things down?” How you behave in opposition is almost as important as how you behave in power.

Anyway, I’m done with your sea-lioning, you’re completely disingenuous. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

because retards like you will jump on it for perceived advantage.  imma go ahead and guess which side you always vote for despite "both sides having their share of shitty candidates."  
one side has trump, oz, johnson, walker, tuberville, lake, all of whom are in something in the range of ignorant to power hungry opportunist to fascist.  one side has a guy that had a medical condition.  see!  both sides! 

Or dumbfucks will take every misspoken line he says and blame it on his stroke. Much like every time Biden speaks he misspeaks and you say that’s just Joe, everyone knows he can’t speak publicly.

Fettermen says he celebrates the demise of RvW. I’m surprise you didn’t melt but it was just the stroke, right? Give him a senate seat!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Leaving aside the fact that a stroke victim’s issues with speech are not necessarily related to their ability to think, you’ve hit on the fundamental difference between the current GOP voter and everyone else (both Dems and independents).  Fetterman shows up to debate and obviously has issues with speech, then drops in the polls.  It shows those that were planning on voting for him think critically and are having second thoughts.  That’s healthy voter behavior.  Meanwhile, the GOP runs out traitorous and retarded shitbags like Walker and Masters, and they expose their stupidity/sedition in debates, and no such change.

It’s nice that you imagined that happening. The debate was October 24th.

Congrats on that mass exodus of discerning D voters. He lost 1% in the polls. “Healthy voting behavior”. 

7-AC4-F71-B-F0-EF-49-CE-B280-BAC0853-CEE

• Fuck You 6

39 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The only way that's possible is if literally half the country has decided to overlook absolutely any flaw in a candidate from one party and hunt for absolutely any flaw in a candidate from the other party. 

Lulz at literally half.  I'd go with 85% minimum.  Probably closer to 95%.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Looks like Fetterman already filed a lawsuit, this election is going to be a shit show.

Also GOP legislatures in at least GA, AZ, NV, and PA prevent early vote counting so we won’t know the results for days. But sure. Fetterman is causing a shit show 

• Hook 'Em 3

A person can die during the campaign and still win an election. It's a dumb system, but after primaries, you don't have a choice but to run whoever was chosen. That's actually an issue with our dumb election system that still use archaic methods of voting that can't change out names several months before November. It doesn't matter at this point what's wrong with the individual, you're voting for the party because our system sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

One side wants to count all the votes; the other wants to throw out as many as possible. Both sides. They both care about democracy equally!

It’s the usual tactic, same as all the GOP polls flooding the zone - cause confusion, muddy the waters, trick the morons into believing what narrative has been set 

“GOP going to win big!” “Dems committee fraud, it’s the only way we didn’t win big!” They are suing bc they know they were losing and had to cheat!”

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

a strong Dem showing, heavily favors trump in 24. if the R's take the house or senate, they're going to take things too far and hurt trump's 2024 chances.

in texas, i fully expect women having to submit pregnancy tests to leave the state or some type of tracking of menstrual cycles. it's going to be dark, dark days

They'll be able to successfully place the blame for all of the damage they do on Biden.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It’s the usual tactic, same as all the GOP polls flooding the zone - cause confusion, muddy the waters, trick the morons into believing what narrative has been set 

“GOP going to win big!” “Dems committee fraud, it’s the only way we didn’t win big!” They are suing bc they know they were losing and had to cheat!”

yup. election day has turned into election month because of all the knuckleheads with firearms standing 12’ away from citizens trying to vote, and then other citizens trying to count those votes. 

biden won in a blowout. would’ve been called within 24 hours pre-trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I guess you haven’t been paying attention to who’s running for key positions in states that will decide whether or not they certify the next presidential election? It’s not about just “my” side losing, it’s whether or not our votes mean anything in two years. But keep sticking your head in the sand

They know. They're trolling by pretending otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Good God.  Get a fucking grip on yourselves.

Y’all can be very thankful that you failed at nuking the filibuster.  I look forward to the next few years of it becoming one of our most sacred legislative mechanisms.

Good point. If they lose, they shoudl "get a grip" like crying for two years about election fraud that never happened, storm the capital to overthrow the government, and crush an 80 year old man's head in with a hammer. That's how it's supposed to work. Why should anyone worry about a party that has been explicit about curbing voting rights and gerrymandering the fuck out of districts to keep the colors from having power? So dramatic. Also, fuck you, you fucking piece of shit.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Democracy died on January 10, 2010

We’re in the decay period 

I have to admit, you got me on this one.  Unless you meant January 21, 2010.  Which I agree was a major accelerator.  But I always personally trace the decay to Nixon.  And then on some pessimistic days I trace it to the very roots of who we are as a country.  Listening to Ron Chernow's "Washington" doesn't help.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I have to admit, you got me on this one.  Unless you meant January 21, 2010.  Which I agree was a major accelerator.  But I always personally trace the decay to Nixon.  And then on some pessimistic days I trace it to the very roots of who we are as a country.  Listening to Ron Chernow's "Washington" doesn't help.

Two comments:  yes to the above, and secondly, please don’t quote trolls.  I’ve curated my surly feed and enjoy missing Russian crypto shit posts, or stupid both sides lawsuit trolling.  K thx bye.

35 minutes ago, Captainant said:

hey buddy if you don't want to be alarmist, you should be more specific and not vague so that you don't feed into the braindead rhetoric about how "both sides are the same because election lawsuit"

Fetterman is suing to ensure that every lawfully cast mail-in ballot is counted, even if they forgot to fill in the date, or put the wrong date. Fetterman argues in the lawsuit that not counting the votes on the grounds of an issue with the date violates the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which states that election officials cannot deny someone the right to vote based on an error on the ballot that is “not material” to determining whether the individual is qualified to vote under state election law. 

That's a far cry to what trumpco did with their election lawsuits. You're employing a disinformation tactic of false equivalency.

Fuck you, fascist.

Captianantisocial at it again. I never mentioned the validity of the lawsuit, I was merely pointing out that there was one filed the day of the election. Today should be very interesting.

• Fuck You 12

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Captianantisocial at it again. I never mentioned the validity of the lawsuit, I was merely pointing out that there was one filed the day of the election. Today should be very interesting.

Keep it up you fucking troll and see what happens. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Two comments:  yes to the above, and secondly, please don’t quote trolls.  I’ve curated my surly feed and enjoy missing Russian crypto shit posts, or stupid both sides lawsuit trolling.  K thx bye.

If Neon is a troll my meter is way off.  Pretty sure I agree with most of their posts and in the times I've disagreed it has been civil.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

One side wants to count all the votes; the other wants to throw out as many as possible. Both sides. They both care about democracy equally!

They don't want to throw out all of the votes, just the ones not coming from rural white males.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Keep it up you fucking troll and see what happens. 

I appreciate all that you do for this site, especially since it presumably takes up your free time. I’ll try to keep it cordial, despite all of the personal attacks I receive. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 13