2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

The smell of wet pavement in front and then the smell of wet grass in back.  I tried snorting a line of each but neighbors looked at me funny.  

We had three distinct "rains."  One at about 3:45p.  One at about 4:00p (weakest of the three but marked), and one final one at about 4:45p (most robust).  

Each lasted about 5-7 minutes.  That's what she said.

• Hook 'Em 3

Don’t know the totals but we had good rainfall in NE San Antonio from a large cell around 3:30. Then another “outer band” hit us around 5:00.

Nothing like free water! My wife insists on watering “her” plants in both the front/back yard every day, by hose! I digress, but our damn water bill has gone up over 50% (over average) the last two months! She thinks the sprinklers only cover the lawn? Tough battle every summertime week, the last couple of years.

Hook’em!!!

I thought we got nothing in 78717 next to Round Rock, but when I went outside to put Mrs. Brat’s Accord in the garage it was covered by raindrops.
Weird looking, but the driveway, street, & lawns were as dry as the butt-rape the Horns gave the land thieves last October.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I thought we got nothing in 78717 next to Round Rock, but when I went outside to put Mrs. Brat’s Accord in the garage it was covered by raindrops.
Weird looking, but the driveway, street, & lawns were as dry as the butt-rape the Horns gave the land thieves last October.

What I imagine you looked like pulling the car in....

7846038.jpg

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Those were not raindrops.

• Haha 3

We have a couple of crappy rain barrels... one of them has an overflow spout so that when it is full, the water will shoot out the top from the spout.  Its a sad day when I'm out there harvesting that nasty water with 5 gallon buckets so I can use it for watering plants.  And yet, here we are.  Thanks, drought.

In the midst of the record-tying hottest day in the history of Houston, some crazy storms popped up around Kingwood about 90 minutes ago and headed SW towards town. Unfortunately, they went just north of my hood. Got a couple of mocking sprinkles and that was it. 

BS.jpg.aa3fe1ca7bd457466a1c0df580645bb9.jpg

Future track making it look like we may get a 2nd more widespread round later this evening. Fingers crossed, but I ain't optimistic.

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

In the midst of the record-tying hottest day in the history of Houston, some crazy storms popped up around Kingwood about 90 minutes ago and headed SW towards town. Unfortunately, they went just north of my hood. Got a couple of mocking sprinkles and that was it. 

BS.jpg.aa3fe1ca7bd457466a1c0df580645bb9.jpg

Future track making it look like we may get a 2nd more widespread round later this evening. Fingers crossed, but I ain't optimistic.

Same here.  I went outside and could hear big fat raindrops hitting the gutters.  It freaked me out at first.  We got enough so that I could smell it, but the concrete was dry in about 2 minutes.