I will not spend another fucking penny in a Walgreen's

Gil Bang

49 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Unrelated. We started using H‑E‑B as our Pharmacy in the last year. They are better even without a drive though. CVS and Walgreens are total shit now. 

Qfmft.  Also, you can get your dogs meds there, significantly cheaper than anywhere else.  Our HEB pharmacy has been very strong. 

• Hook 'Em 2

There’s about to be a bunch of downtown Walgreens closing throughout big cities. Forget the red state / blue state thing. The real divide is urban rural. In those locations, it’s never much of a walk to a competitor. And it’s hard to get staff. Downtown retail is already struggling since Covid and remote workers. Those stores are fucked.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I was told that you can use Costco pharmacy without a membership. Haven’t needed to try them yet, but maybe another option.  

This is true.

I use Costco as my pharmacy.

Their cash prices for drugs often beat insurance. I have such a high deductible i just always makes sense to not use insurance unless it’s the lowest price for a drug.

GoodRX can also be used there to lower prices even more. So that’s awesome.

But the kicker is IF you are a Costco member, they have a further discount on drugs.

It usually goes like this:

Insurance price > Costco drug price > GoodRX price at Costco > Costco member discounted price.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Born to Run said:

That's unfortunate as I like to shit in thier restrooms, it's kind of my go to. I'm an 0700 pooper. But my kid needs to be dropped off anytime from 0645 to 0900. Which leaves me pooping
all over town. Walgreens is a pretty good choice as it's clean and freshly opened. Home Depot is terrible choice. Hotels are a power move

User name…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, NAVY said:

If you ever find yourself in a Walgreens or CVS you planned poorly 

I went to five different stores looking for a Mr. Goodbar before I finally found that CVS still sells them. Finding them in the checkout lane at the grocery store had become increasingly rare until they disappeared completely. I guess just basic chocolate with peanuts has fallen out of favor with the greater public or something. But at least I know that when I’m in the mood for a Mr. Goodbar, I can find them at CVS.

I made my share of “looking for Mr. Goodbar” jokes during my search. Get this: at one store I mentioned to the young cashier that I couldn’t find a Mr. Goodbar and he said he had never heard of them! Imagine that. Never even heard of a Mr. Goodbar candy bar.

What is this world coming to?

There is a Duane Reade downstairs.  Unfortunately, Walgreen's acquired Duane Reade, but they all still have the Duane Reade signage.  As it is literally the closest pharmacy to my house, I use it.  I also was able to get Rini some of her prescriptions there, which is honestly really, really cool.  I am going to look for a local mom and pop place (I think there is one a block or two away) and start using that.  Fuck Walgreens.  

But while I am at it, I hope the GQP keeps choking this chicken.  Keep trying to restrict abortion.  It is a proven loser, and it is just going to get worse as olds die off and younger people become more engaged.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Born to Run said:

That's unfortunate as I like to shit in thier restrooms, it's kind of my go to. I'm an 0700 pooper. But my kid needs to be dropped off anytime from 0645 to 0900. Which leaves me pooping
all over town. Walgreens is a pretty good choice as it's clean and freshly opened. Home Depot is terrible choice. Hotels are a power move

Lol I work in home health as a PT and Walgreens is always a good pit stop between patient’s homes. But I won’t be buying anything from them anymore, not that I did much before anyway 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

There is one we use often that I can drive to in 2 mins but fuck it. They are already a shitty company/store so this will be good motivation to make the extra drive to HEB (already go there as our pharmacy).

Just make sure that HEB is open. Rumors hereabouts say that they sometimes aren't.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Truly, the worst outcome from the pandemic was the Hancock Center now closing at 11 instead of being 24/7. I prefer to do my shopping with the freaks, tyvm

That Hancock HEB consistently has the most diverse bunch of customers i have ever experienced in any retail environment.

It's pretty glorious.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Truly, the worst outcome from the pandemic was the Hancock Center now closing at 11 instead of being 24/7. I prefer to do my shopping with the freaks, tyvm

ah fuck and they turned south congress into a fancy heb and shut down the shitty HEB on 1st and Wm Cannon. Where do you go now to shop amongst the wild things?

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Qfmft.  Also, you can get your dogs meds there, significantly cheaper than anywhere else.  Our HEB pharmacy has been very strong. 

Same. I get my dog’s meds at H‑E‑B and it’s always cheap and no issues. Refill very quickly (1-2 days from online refill). 

Just sucks you can’t add your dog’s meds to your H‑E‑B profile (yet) for quicker refills. 

44 minutes ago, yoladu said:

That Hancock HEB consistently has the most diverse bunch of customers i have ever experienced in any retail environment.

It's pretty glorious.

I feel like Anthony Anderson working at what should be but is no longer a White Castle.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:09 PM, Born to Run said:

Idk I think this is even more of reason to use them as a place solely to deposit your feces. Maybe miss the toilet occasionally. (Jk not really, the minimum wage cleaner has nothing to do with this fuckery)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, safe sex said:

How is H‑E‑B for your clients? My CVS is good to me. But it’s a bit farther than I’d like.

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This.

Y'all don't even have a product as delicious as Chick-Fil-A to make doing the right thing hurt a little.  Get fucked.

Edited by TexArcher
It'll be fun to watch them 180 in a few years when they realize how many old, prescription-filling Fox viewers have died off...
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, troph said:

How is H‑E‑B for your clients? My CVS is good to me. But it’s a bit farther than I’d like.

HEB and CVS can be a hit or miss, too. Depends on the pharmacist, I guess, though i know HEB as a whole for a while was claiming that whoever manufactures estradiol valerate oil had stopped doing so, which was...not accurate at all.

We recommend our trans patients fill their scripts at one of the Avita pharmacies in town. They will ship your meds to you for free, and as a company they are completely on the same page with us.

23 hours ago, Celery Man said:

ah fuck and they turned south congress into a fancy heb and shut down the shitty HEB on 1st and Wm Cannon. Where do you go now to shop amongst the wild things?

We're all mixed in with the normies during regular business hours now. Fucking sucks

2 hours ago, safe sex said:

HEB and CVS can be a hit or miss, too. Depends on the pharmacist, I guess, though i know HEB as a whole for a while was claiming that whoever manufactures estradiol valerate oil had stopped doing so, which was...not accurate at all.

We recommend our trans patients fill their scripts at one of the Avita pharmacies in town. They will ship your meds to you for free, and as a company they are completely on the same page with us.

Good to know. My cvs is great. I was thinking mail order as step one if shit hits the fan.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:08 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

I was told that you can use Costco pharmacy without a membership. Haven’t needed to try them yet, but maybe another option.  

You absolutely can without a membership. I used them before I did get a membership and they are really convenient and I never have issues with them.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:44 AM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

There is a Duane Reade downstairs.  Unfortunately, Walgreen's acquired Duane Reade, but they all still have the Duane Reade signage.  As it is literally the closest pharmacy to my house, I use it.  I also was able to get Rini some of her prescriptions there, which is honestly really, really cool.  I am going to look for a local mom and pop place (I think there is one a block or two away) and start using that.  Fuck Walgreens.  

But while I am at it, I hope the GQP keeps choking this chicken.  Keep trying to restrict abortion.  It is a proven loser, and it is just going to get worse as olds die off and younger people become more engaged.

I remember reading an article about how New Yorkers originally detested Duane Reade and didn’t like having chain locations like that. Decades later many are nostalgic about them. I can add them to the list of places I will not shop. We thankfully have a lot of choices on where to go for what a Duane Reade/Walgreens has. Your area of the city definitely has several choices where you can get you and Rini what y’all need.

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm not so confident; I suspect the others would be more likely to fall in line.

I'm 50/50 on this - I could see some falling in line, but then if the Republicans get this victory, they will be going after contraception as a whole next - they are already telling everybody this.

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, TexArcher said:

This.

Y'all don't even have a product as delicious as Chick-Fil-A to make doing the right thing hurt a little.  Get fucked.

I keep waiting for the Fox News crowd to die off , but am disappointed every election cycle. I wish the GOP voter base would suffer a massive drop off, but it just hasn’t yet.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm 50/50 on this - I could see some falling in line, but then if the Republicans get this victory, they will be going after contraception as a whole next - they are already telling everybody this.

Yeah. It's pretty sad. It was forecast and we said it was in their game plan but that was back when a lot of folks we're calling it hyperbole and Roe v Wade would never fall and here were are with more rights disappearing by the day. All those laws we mentioned: Obergefell v. Hodges, and many other items under the umbrella  of the Civil Rights Act and so on--all have a very good chance of being stripped.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/3/2023 at 12:09 AM, Born to Run said:

George?

504e60b0a26606c065f3a66f8d7c760005-23-gy

My kid's doctor turned me on to a locally owned pharmacy that gets much better pricing with my insurance than any of the crapfest ones like CVS and Walgreens. And they deliver for free which means I never have to set foot in a pharmacy line again. Love that doctor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I remember reading an article about how New Yorkers originally detested Duane Reade and didn’t like having chain locations like that. Decades later many are nostalgic about them. I can add them to the list of places I will not shop. We thankfully have a lot of choices on where to go for what a Duane Reade/Walgreens has. Your area of the city definitely has several choices where you can get you and Rini what y’all need.

Unfortunately, Rini is no longer with us (last July), but I understand what you are saying.  Just me and Harvey now.

We have been discussing changing pharmacies for a few weeks (our HEB is just a shitshow -- always a long line, sometimes cleaned out of basic meds, etc.).  There's a Walgreens really close to us, so we were about to pull the trigger on switching.

NOPE.  Followed up on this story this weekend, and it was a no-brainer -- no fucking way.  Guess we'll stick with our HEB.

Driving back from kids sports event this weekend.  I need to pee bad so pull into a Sheetz, but notice a Walgreens across the street.  Remember this thread so I decide to go to the Walgreens instead since posters say their bathrooms are nice.   But before I go the restroom, I stop by the toy section, see a small plastic baby, take it with me to restroom and leave it floating in the bowl on the way out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

I live smack dab between a Walgreens and a CVS. The CVS is easier to walk to and their pharmacy is reasonable, but their shelves are always empty, so if I just need milk, or eggs, or bread, or anything really, there's a 50/50 chance they'll be out. The Walgreens is better about stuff but their pharmacy is an absolute shit show. Backs up into the busy street during rush hour and often you pull up and they're closed for lack of staffing. I've moved everything to the grocery store and it's worked out fine. I interned at a Walgreens in college, fuck them, hope this crushes them if they stick to this.

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Driving back from kids sports event this weekend.  I need to pee bad so pull into a Sheetz, but notice a Walgreens across the street.  Remember this thread so I decide to go to the Walgreens instead since posters say their bathrooms are nice.   But before I go the restroom, I stop by the toy section, see a small plastic baby, take it with me to restroom and leave it floating in the bowl on the way out. 

If you really did this, I salute you.  Because you also just started a movement.  I don't have any social media presence, and no followers even if I did.  But please tell me we can start some kinda organic movement using the wonderfully strong women on this site and others in our real lives.  Push out that every time you go to Walgreen's, you grab a plastic baby from the toy aisle, stuff it in your pocket, throw it in the toilet, and walk out like Boone at the Food King "Nothing for me today, thank you."  I figure there can't be more than a few baby dolls at each location.  So it'll only take a week before they catch on, but the deal is you gotta photograph it.  And that's not a crime, you can just say, "Uh, toilet was like that when I got in here...and I had heard your bathrooms were always very clean...FOR SHAME!"  Yeah, I know it sucks for the employee that's gotta fish it outta there but they won't get dirty, they got tools for that stuff.  You can't throw the baby out with the Walwater.  

If you feel about the intermittent shoplifting, just bring your own toy baby doll from home.  We could probably use the wreath fund to order a few hundred at a bulk price.  I'm all for not taking unsold merchandise into the head from a grocery store because that's food, that's gross.  But a toy doll, why not? Sometimes we steal batteries, I'm an old man...I forgot.  Do you know where I live, please take me home! 

• Haha 1