Tourist Trip to Titanic Terribly Turns Tragic

MrBig

44 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Wait, they paid $250k to sit like this for about 16 hours (round trip) just to see the Titanic on a computer monitor?  What the fuck is wrong with these people? 

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  It's a fucking computer monitor, not a window.  I can see all that shit from the surface.  Hell, you could put me in the sub and lie about it - "yeah, we're totally descending, it'll take 8 hours.  Blah blah blah, look at the monitor, you can't see anything till we get down to the wreck.  And if you gotta take a dump, there's a bucket up front."  And then just make the sub move around some, about 100 feet down.  Profit.

So they basically paid $250k to ride a shitty version of this for 16hrs+..... and then die.  Incredible. 

wild-arctic-simulator.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

So they basically paid $250k to ride a shitty version of this for 16hrs+..... and then die.  Incredible. 

I was just searching to see if there's any sort of virtual submarine tour of the titanic wreckage.  Just need an Xbox controller, a 1,000 lb propane tank, some way to pipe in hull-creaking noises, a small computer monitor, and a short video of the wreckage.  There will be a sign informing riders that the shitter is out of order.  Opportunity knocks!

Edited by dcbc
  • Drool 1

This whole thing is just tempting Poseidon or Davy Jones. You’re gonna take a bunch of tourists to poke around what is essentially a grave for thousands of souls he already took? And get cute and name the submarine after the ship that sunk because he was angry at the hubris? 

Yeah……

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This whole thing is just tempting Poseidon or Davy Jones. You’re gonna take a bunch of tourists to poke around what is essentially a grave for thousands of souls he already took? And get cute and name the submarine after the ship that sunk because he was angry at the hubris? 

Yeah……

I mean they went to Camping World. Surely the gods are appeased.

49 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I think they're faking it and will be miraculously "rescued" at the 11th hour.  Appearance tour, book and movie deals await to make them even richer.

Balloon Boy Titanic Edition

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I think this is just an elaborate plan by their spouses to kill off those men.     

I mean I did find myself in the corner of Twitter this morning where people are talking about the Titanic sinking being an inside job because 3 fairly prominent opponents to the creation of the Federal Reserve were on board...

conspiracy theory mood GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

I guess they would still be fucked chickens since the hatch is bolted on from the outside.  Imagine if you somehow float up to the surface and then still suffocate.

I could get past the family style toilet, I could get past the crushing ocean depths, but no way in fucking hell would I ever let my self be bolted into something that can only be unbolted from the outside.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

So they can’t even see the Titanic out of that porthole window?  If that’s the case, then this is even stupider than I thought.  

Seriously, what the af? What is the point? To feel water pressure inside a tube? I don't get it. It looks like a billionaire and another prominent business person were on board. Any chance they were caught up with Epstein or something else and used this to disappear themselves and live out their days in Argentina?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Seriously, what the af? What is the point? To feel water pressure inside a tube? I don't get it. It looks like a billionaire and another prominent business person were on board. Any chance they were caught up with Epstein or something else and used this to disappear themselves and live out their days in Argentina?

1. We all flippantly throw small sums of money about. $250k was chump change to these cats.

2. The ultra wealthy tend to believe they are invulnerable, and behave accordingly. Seen the BS movie too many times. 

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

1. We all flippantly throw small sums of money about. $250k was chump change to these cats.

If I'm spending any decent sum of money (decent in my view, or $250,000 if I was rich) to be stuck in a confined space with 4 or 5 other people for 16 hours or more, they better be cheerleaders.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Basil said:

When a plane crashes into a mountainside at 500 mph and they send medics out in helicopters, I wonder what those guys talk about on the way to the "rescue."

They are probably talking about how the plane was hauling ass and that because it was going so fast, it beat the medics to the scene of the crash by at least half an hour

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

If it cost me 25 cents to float in a tube to crush depth to view the Titanic on a screen, which you can do right now by pulling up fucking YouTube, I'd still say no. 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If I'm spending any decent sum of money (decent in my view, or $250,000 if I was rich) to be stuck in a confined space with 4 or 5 other people for 16 hours or more, they better be cheerleaders.

Careful what you wish for.

20200825_Yell_Leaders_SC_460-scaled.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

I could get past the family style toilet, I could get past the crushing ocean depths, but no way in fucking hell would I ever let my self be bolted into something that can only be unbolted from the outside.

Exactly.

Obviously these submarine people never heard of Apollo 1.
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What baffles me is why did they want to see the titanic again? We’ve seen pics and photos of it numerous times before? What was the point of going down there again? To see what exactly? 

So they could big time their friends.  "Yea, well you've seen pictures, but I'VE been there"

• Hook 'Em 2

Or the men wanted to disappear and they’ve already been retrieved by another boat a few miles away.  
Like 6 Underground.

What did they know about the Clintons?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

My thoughts exactly - fuck that!

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Pom squad, those asses would make nice pillows!

• Haha 1

A good friend was in Control when the USS San Francisco ran into the side of the underwater mountain.  He said the scariest 3 minutes of his life was when the Chief of the Watch hit the chicken switches to do the EMBT blow and nothing happened.  And then somehow it activated and shot then to the surface.  These guys are at hour 60.  Fuck shitting in that toilet.  I would be shitting my pants 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1