Who Do You Want Facing Russia?

RPM

Who do you want supporting Ukraine against Russian aggresion?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Biden / Trump

Only one guy would do/is doing what the question asks.

"Neither" is not as slick an answer as some might think. They're not close in approach. Not choosing Biden is to say you want Ukraine going down the toilet at the hands of an archaicly brutal imperialist invader.

Fuck that. Fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 8

10 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Did we ever learn what Trump and Putin talked about in their secret meeting in Helsinki? Will go down as a low moment in US presidential history.

2017-2021 will go down as the lowest moment in US presidential history

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Only one guy would do/is doing what the question asks.

"Neither" is not as slick an answer as some might think. They're not close in approach. Not choosing Biden is to say you want Ukraine going down the toilet at the hands of an archaicly brutal imperialist invader.

Fuck that. Fuck you.

Neither could also mean you want the US to engage in a US led air defense if not boots on the ground approach. 

• Haha 1

Trump has professed his admiration for Xi and Kim Jong Il, the leaders of the two largest communist nations still left, and he’s professed his admiration of Putin.

Think I’ll go for the American currently in the White House who isn’t out there lavishing praise on the communists or dictators.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Neither wasn't actually a choice provided, my friend.

I was addressing your comment that neither wasn’t a slick response because it meant whatever. I think biden is the right one for the record.

This won't be a popular opinion,  But the DT  "50 Cal to Ukraine" thread bothers the fuck out of me.  The open bloodlust and eagerness to chip in to see death (and often from so-called liberals) when there are righteous causes right in Texan's back yard bothers me.  Don't see a "let's go stop the drowning of migrants" thread somehow picking up so many willing 100 dollar donations.  Or just about any humanitarian aid anywhere, including Ukraine. Send me videos of dead russian pawns instead.

Additionally, and I've mentioned this before, I didn't see this kind of outcry over many other atrocious wars and acts, a decent amount of which the US did more than just let happen.  Daily news on the horrors of the Russian v Ukrainian wars versus just about any other conclict, including the awful shit we did in the ME.

As put by others:

For example, President Joe Biden has correctly asserted that “nations have a right to sovereignty and territorial integrity.” The United States, however, has been the only government in the world to formally recognize Israel’s illegal annexation of Syria’s Golan Heights and Morocco’s annexation of the entire nation of Western Sahara, both seized by force in defiance of the United Nations.

In addition, Biden’s claim that the United States “always stands up to bullies” would be news to the Yemenis, Lebanese, Palestinians, and others who have been subjected to massive military attacks by U.S.-armed allies. His insistence that “we stand for freedom” is contradicted by his administration’s support for brutal dictatorships in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, and elsewhere. Criticism of Russia’s veto of the U.N. Security Council resolution condemning the invasion rings hollow in light of successive U.S. vetoes of resolutions challenging the U.S. invasions of Grenada and Panama, U.S. attacks on Nicaragua, and Israel’s invasions of Lebanon.

And, of course, Biden’s insistence that countries must not invade other nations on false pretenses is incredibly hypocritical considering his strident support as a Senator for the U.S. invasion of Iraq on the deceptive grounds that Saddam Hussein had somehow amassed vast arsenal of chemical and biological weapons, a nuclear program, and sophisticated delivery systems.

I'm sure this lumps me into some lazy 'both sides' replies, and a few negs.   Which often makes me wonder if I fit in here at all.  Oh well, I'll go back to laughing along with whatever happens to the orange faced gibbon.  But I find the participation in that thread by some pretty damn awful.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

48 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

This won't be a popular opinion,  But the DT  "50 Cal to Ukraine" thread bothers the fuck out of me.  The open bloodlust and eagerness to chip in to see death (and often from so-called liberals) when there are righteous causes right in Texan's back yard bothers me.  Don't see a "let's go stop the drowning of migrants" thread somehow picking up so many willing 100 dollar donations.  Or just about any humanitarian aid anywhere, including Ukraine. Send me videos of dead russian pawns instead.

Crowd-sourcing a .50 rifle for some Mexican to take out those buoys would probably put us on a government watchlist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Crowd-sourcing a .50 rifle for some Mexican to take out those buoys would probably put us on a government watchlist.

I still think my harpoons/grappling hooks tied to pickup trucks idea would work. low tech and quiet. 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I kind of agree with the 50 cal to Ukraine thing.

I like to diversify my portfolio, but I usually draw the line at my money directly paying for private citizens to send arms somewhere.  I don't have much control of my tax dollars.

• 7 months later...

Now, CBS is out with some pretty compelling evidence linking Russia to the Havana Syndrome that’s gone way beyond Havana. Tell me again why Republicans are all up in Putin’s grill?

On 8/3/2023 at 12:26 PM, MC Fresh Breath said:

Additionally, and I've mentioned this before, I didn't see this kind of outcry over many other atrocious wars and acts, a decent amount of which the US did more than just let happen.  Daily news on the horrors of the Russian v Ukrainian wars versus just about any other conclict, including the awful shit we did in the ME.

As put by others:

I'm sure this lumps me into some lazy 'both sides' replies, and a few negs.   Which often makes me wonder if I fit in here at all.  Oh well, I'll go back to laughing along with whatever happens to the orange faced gibbon.  But I find the participation in that thread by some pretty damn awful.

wtf. Trump was the one who formally recognized Israel's sovereignty of the Golan Heights and Morocco's sovereignty over the western Sahara but somehow that is evidence that Biden is a hypocrite in his support for Ukraine. Make it make sense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 7/31/2023 at 2:36 PM, RPM said:

Who do you think represents our desires?

It depends on your desires. If you’re pro-fascism and pro-Putin, you favor his lapdog Trump. If you’re pro-democracy and pro-Ukraine, you favor the old Cold Warrior Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Sending money for Ukrainians to kill the people occupying their lands and murdering and raping their citizens is awesome and cool. I have rarely been more satisfied than when I helped buy a Vampyr MLRS and to refurbish a T-70; and I hope they’re still putting the shit that goes bang in the right place. Winning wars over bad people is good. 

• Hook 'Em 7

On 8/3/2023 at 1:26 PM, MC Fresh Breath said:

As put by others:

You could have written this word for word in 1939 and 1940 substituting places like Philippines or Cuba and other domestic causes. And yet the Eagle Squadrons and the Americans who financed them are the heroes and we are embarrassed by the people who opposed them.

German pilots bombing London and Russians lobbing shells at villages aren’t pawns.  They can get fucked and helping them get dead is the most American thing anyone can do. 

• Hook 'Em 3