Fuck Brett Yormark

hobbs

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I've never heard someone booed like that. Ever. Anyone have anything close? Even bad calls in football the boos will go away rather quickly as the next play rolls on. That crowd did not let up at all here.

I was at a show back in the day. I think LA Guns was the headliner, honestly can’t remember. Opening band was faster pussycat, and they were booed from the start so bad they didn’t finish their opener and left.

17 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

That was glorious yesterday and being there in person was even more of a treat.    I’ve been to many gyms, arenas, and stadiums in my life and that was the most gratifying moment of displeasure I’ve ever seen.    

Yeah, it was pretty great to see in person.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

As i posted earlier we could not hear one fucking word this piece of shit said and it was absolutely glorious.  After watching some videos where some of it is audible, his bumbling speech, butchering Sarks name, saying "it's all good" in response to the SEC chants, Sark sarcastically telling him "they love you" as deafening boos rain down, him restarting the speech to even louder boos ..it was all sublime.  I'd love to go next December and buy a $15 ticket to boo this walking talking piece of excrement again and watch Utah play Kansas State in front of family and friends but I plan to be in Atlanta .

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

The guy is just fucking the Big 12 corpse at this point. The Triumvirate are football fans and they remember bullshit like this. If Yormark asks the SEC for a scheduling arrangement, the SEC is going to tell him to fuck off. If individual Big 12 members approach Texas for a home and home series we’re also going to tell them to fuck off. 

Be pragmatic. You need OOC games against Texas and OU to help programs survive post 2030. Okie State’s response was uniquely Gundy. Fuck Bedlam. We’re good. Uh, what? How many hotels did you kill with that bullshit? 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've seen plenty of inept ADs and conference commissioners in my day, but this guy takes the cake.

Good luck, Big 12.  You're gonna need it.

Dan Beebe was pretty fucking terrible. This guy is just not hiding his hatred for us.  Beebe just hid it. 

• Like 1

I was in a suite with a bunch of college football fans that follow other teams. They got a kick out of it when I explained why he was getting absolutely roasted by the fans. I couldn’t hear a word he said but I was also booing at the top of my lungs which may have been why I couldn’t hear anything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Dan Beebe was pretty fucking terrible. This guy is just not hiding his hatred for us.  Beebe just hid it. 

Didn’t aggy accuse Beebe of being a UT tool?    I guess had aggy been in the Rig 12 right now, they’d accuse Yormark of being a UT tool, so that probably answers the question.    lol.  

23 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

Not sure how many of us there caught this; but during a break they showed crowd shots on Jerruh’s gigatron tv. There was a woman who had a phone case that read

“FUCK YOU

BRETT YORMARK”

As she was videoing the going’s on, it was facing the camera and got caught on the big screen. Those of us in Section 305 all cracked up 😂 

🖕🏻YOU yormark!! 🤘🏻

GAW6xc2WIAAy8x4.jpg.6f56e9248645e54718eba2aaefc19999.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Did he think it was bring your daughter to work day?  Did he think he wasn't going to get roasted?  Did he think having his family with him would help?  Perhaps he's not an asshole,  perhaps he's clinically stupid.  Or both.     

It's odd for sure.     After the Tech game,  Yormark should've had a clue the presentation would go down like it did with the fan reaction.     Not showing up would've been obvious.   This is when someone who is quick to pivot on things would just say " Congrats to the University of Texas on your Championship and Good luck in the CFP",  then hand Sark the hardware , let the media gal  from ESPN take over the program and exit stage right.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I wonder what would've happened if he had just grabbed the mic and said "Texas fans, I owe you an apology." then continued with his speech. Granted, nobody could hear him because of the boos so they wouldn't have stopped, but that's what I would've done if I were him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It's odd for sure.     After the Tech game,  Yormark should've had a clue the presentation would go down like it did with the fan reaction.     Not showing up would've been obvious.   This is when someone who is quick to pivot on things would just say " Congrats to the University of Texas on your Championship and Good luck in the CFP",  then hand Sark the hardware , let the media gal  from ESPN take over the program and exit stage right.  

Honestly I agree with the posters that think he’d been overserved.  Explains why he had this look on his face like he could talk the crowd down and butchering Sark’s name. Irrational confidence. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Honestly I agree with the posters that think he’d been overserved.  Explains why he had this look on his face like he could talk the crowd down and butchering Sark’s name. Irrational confidence. 

Maybe that was why Sark was laughing, he could smell the booze breath. He's been there and made that mistake wrt drunken public speaking. When you are a recovering addict or alcoholic, life is constantly sending you little reminders.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I wonder what would've happened if he had just grabbed the mic and said "Texas fans, I owe you an apology." then continued with his speech. Granted, nobody could hear him because of the boos so they wouldn't have stopped, but that's what I would've done if I were him. 

Dude had to know the boo's would be coming.  Seemed like he basically thought he could take the high road (without offering an apology) and it would play out ok with the fans.   Haha that stadium was having none of it.  As others mentioned, you could barely make out anything he said the boo's and SEC chants were so loud.  I've never seen anything like it.  It was phenomenal

28 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Dude had to know the boo's would be coming.  Seemed like he basically thought he could take the high road (without offering an apology) and it would play out ok with the fans.   Haha that stadium was having none of it.  As others mentioned, you could barely make out anything he said the boo's and SEC chants were so loud.  I've never seen anything like it.  It was phenomenal

*boos

Or, maybe you meant booze.

• Like 1

Up until the trophy celebration, he kept going out on the field surrounded by kids and special olympians so that he could not be booed.  Maybe he thought bringing his daughters up there would help in that regard?
You mean the daughters flipping off Texas fans? Yeah, nawh
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yes if Yormark was smart he would have pulled the post tournament check presentation scene from “White Men Can’t Jump” and gotten out of there as fast as those guys did.

Isn't that pretty much what the Pac 12 commissioner did at the end of their game? Seems like it was just a "Congratulations to the Washington Huskies!" Handed DeBoer the trophy, and got off the stage as fast as possible. 

56 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Up until the trophy celebration, he kept going out on the fieldsurrounded by k ids and special olympians so that he could not be booed.  Maybe he thought bringing his daughters up there would help in that regard?

Are you saying his daughters are Special Olympians? Just to be clear.

On 12/3/2023 at 6:25 AM, YGIFS said:

He looks like he has malaria or something.  

9445AAD6-2553-4B49-84C5-87815F41798B.jpeg

image.png.7eab234ca3a636df953f3070af0c7d85.png

On 12/3/2023 at 7:42 AM, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Either way reveals one of 3 things. 

1. Moment was too big for him

2. Doesn’t know the coach’s name of his best team

3. Knows name but continues to be petty

Any single one of those reasons continues to show some deep flaws 

Wanted to say Mike Gundy

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1