2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

17 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Agreed. His after game talk with Sark seemed much much longer than usual and it was all Sark talking. Alabama has lost its edge to Georgie and with OU and Texas moving next door the road only gets harder. And he’s old. 

I think a lot of things are finally catching up to Saban and Bama.

The revolving door of assistants is maybe finally becoming a detriment. This team is still feeling the hang over from last year's shitty OC and DC. They lack discipline, making stupid after stupid penalties.

Their last 4 QBs will be playing in NFL games today. They didn't recruit QB well after Sark left. He actually may have fucked them leaving them with Milroe, who everyone knew was going to take 3-4 years before becoming a complete passing QB. It's amazing that the couldn't pull a QB from the portal.

And prob most importantly, they lost their competitive advantage of paying players under the table. Georgia started outpaying them and now NIL makes negates any advantage that they once had.

If this season goes to shit, which it can if Milroe can't learn to read coverage by the time conf play starts, I can see Saban retiring at the end of the season.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

And prob most importantly, they lost their competitive advantage of paying players under the table. Georgia started outpaying them and now NIL makes negates any advantage that they once had.

This explains the rise and the fall.  No need to get into the rest of it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A player that won't get a lot of attention from this game but should is Jonathon Brooks. He lowered his shoulder several times in this game when there really wasn't anything there. 

That 3rd and 2 run on the final drive where he initiated the contact with a LB made me say "woah that guy is physical." 

We saw him develop in one game. Remember that fourth-and-2 late in the third quarter? Brooks should've picked it up, but his pad level wasn't low enough and he got turned and then stopped.

On that third-and-2 on the game's final drive, however, Brooks lowered his pads and helmet--he was not going to be denied! This is obviously not an awesome run-blocking offensive line, so Texas will need what Brooks showed in the fourth quarter each and every game if it's going to have an effective ground game.

Brooks_4th-and-2.png

Brooks_3rd-and-2.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Milroe seems like a Jalen Hurts type of player just not as good. And if he doesnt work insanely hard the way Jalen does he wont be around very long.

Jamal Lord.  Not quite as big, but a bit faster IIRC.   Needs a lot of coaching or to switch positions.  If he can catch, I would love to have him as a WR transfer.  

37 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Good
>Ewers, especially 2nd half. I was skeptical on his pro prospects. Looks like 1st rounder.
>Texas D. Ethan Burke over Ovie is a massive upgrade. Anthony Hill looks like a beast.
>Competent officiating. It’s jarring to see and makes the games much more enjoyable. We’ve endured 2 screw jobs a year for the last decade. Cant wait to get out of this chicken shit outfit.
>Bama fans leaving early

Bad
>Hands. On both sides we dropped and tipped balls
>J’Tavian Sanders. Hear me out. Dude must be accounted for in the passing game. But his missed blocks cost us a touchdown and a 4th down conversion.
>Our secondary looks slow in coverage.

Ugly

I disagree!!! Our secondary for the first time in a long time is sticky in coverage!!! Other than the Thompson TD every other catch was defended well. No WR was just running open wen we maned up. 

the secondary was the reason imo the d-line balled like they did and vice-versa. 
S/0 to the DBs unsung hero’s 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Good
>Ewers, especially 2nd half. I was skeptical on his pro prospects. Looks like 1st rounder.
>Texas D. Ethan Burke over Ovie is a massive upgrade. Anthony Hill looks like a beast.
>Competent officiating. It’s jarring to see and makes the games much more enjoyable. We’ve endured 2 screw jobs a year for the last decade. Cant wait to get out of this chicken shit outfit.
>Bama fans leaving early

Bad
>Hands. On both sides we dropped and tipped balls
>J’Tavian Sanders. Hear me out. Dude must be accounted for in the passing game. But his missed blocks cost us a touchdown and a 4th down conversion.
>Our secondary looks slow in coverage.

Ugly

Sanders and Mitchell both should be much better blockers than they are. Would really help out in the running game, and sometimes it leaves points on the field.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Ewers was fantastic. If we get that guy each week, holy fuck balls. 

Saban knew very early that they were in trouble. When we quit beating ourselves they had no chance 

At one point early in the game, the camera was on Saban after a good play for Texas. Looked like he mouthed how do we stop that shit or we can’t stop that shit.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, naija said:

Sanders and Mitchell both should be much better blockers than they are. Would really help out in the running game, and sometimes it leaves points on the field.

that 4th down play where sanders got blown the fuck up on his block isn't going to be fun to watch on film today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

that 4th down play where sanders got blown the fuck up on his block isn't going to be fun to watch on film today.

The one where turner runs over to his side right at the snap?  I’ll assume he had his assignment picked out and then turner jogged over right before the snap and caused some confusion. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The one where turner runs over to his side right at the snap?  I’ll assume he had his assignment picked out and then turner jogged over right before the snap and caused some confusion. 

i was thinking the same thing. he probably had already decided where he was going in the second level and then was like wtf?

Milroe's picks were bad... like he just flat didn't see a guy. But I thought Bama did a disservice by not giving him 6-8 designed runs. Dude can move. And when you have to account for that more, it opens up the passing game. 

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN