The Ontology of discussion of Deep Thoughts

Wally Fairway

Well - what do you really think (we're waiting to see your vote)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are theological, moral highbrow discussions with our time

• Sure - I am right and you should know it by now
    • Nope - we are idiots for trying
    • I just want to see how everyone voted
  2. 2. We really just like to post memes

• True
    • False
    • I just want to see how voted & where the hell is Bert?
  3. 3. Why do you keep responding?

• I am at work and have time to kill
    • I am right and damned committed to prove it
    • I like to post meme, multiple memes
    • I just want to see who voted
    • Dickbutt - yes
    • Dickbutt - hell no

Seriously (answer my damned poll you MF'rs) is this discussion worth our time and efforts?
Are we all just blowhards looking to prove our point or see who (is morally corrupt and disagrees with me)?
Or do we just like to post memes?
If we think it is pointless why do we continue to post?
dickbutt?

Edited by Wally Fairway
image wont post - wait for next post

I can still recall old Mr. Barnslow getting out every morning and nailing a fresh load of tadpoles to that old board of his. Then he'd spin it round and round, like a wheel of fortune, and no matter where it stopped he'd yell out, "Tadpoles! Tadpoles is a winner!" We all thought he was crazy. But then, we had some growing up to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

Sometimes life seems like a dream, especially when I look down and see that I forgot to put on my pants.

Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This guy is spot on and I usually follow what he says when I feel directionless:

IMG_7664.jpeg

My neighbor used to tell his kids they were going to the Atlanta Aquarium.  I found out later, he was taking them to Bass Pro Shop.

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hullabelew said:

My neighbor used to tell his kids they were going to the Atlanta Aquarium.  I found out later, he was taking them to Bass Pro Shop.

When my daughter was 3 or 4 we took her to Disney on Ice at the state fair and after the show we exit into the midway with all the rides. She asked if we were at Disney World. We said yes obviously. She believed us the next year too, lol.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Whenever someone asks me to define love, I usually think for a minute, and then I spin around and pin the guy's arm behind his back. Now who's asking the questions?

what-is-love-baby-dont-hurt-me.gif

When I was a teen, and all my younger cousins would come over, the adults would ask me to go out and watch them.

So I'd take a baseball and a handful of pennies, and say, "Whoever brings me back the ball, gets a penny. I don't mean whoever gets to it first, I mean whoever BRINGS IT BACK."

They'd get whooped to a frenzy over a few pennies. At first, I'd heave it out there. Rookie mistake-- the fastest ones would dart out, grab it, then swing out around the fat ones, who'd start to give up.

Then I learned to drop it in the middle of the pack. Damn, those little fat kids would fight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

...So I'd take a baseball and a handful of pennies, and say, "Whoever brings me back the ball, gets a penny. I don't mean whoever gets to it first, I mean whoever BRINGS IT BACK." ...

There is a Korean reality show on Netflix called Physical 100 that contained a challenge where 2 contestants entered an arena which contained a ball (looked somewhat like a basketball).  The contestant that was holding the ball when the timer ran out (something like 2 or 3 minutes) won the round.  It was fun to see how different contestants approached the challenge.  Some ran for the ball and tried to evade their opponent the whole time.  Some said fuck it, let's fight until there is only 10 seconds left on the clock and then try to get the ball.  I really enjoyed it.

• Drool 1