Washington vs Michigan, CFP Championship -- Jan. 8th ESPN 6:30p CT

LTtxfan

Cheer on the UW Huskies with this powerfully purple cocktail!

The Purple & Gold

2 oz HDC Lavender Vodka
1/2 oz Raft Vanilla Simple Syrup
3 Lemon Wedges

In a shaker, muddle 3 lemon wedges and Raft vanilla syrup. Add HDC Lavender Vodka and ice and shake for 10 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass and enjoy!

unnamed_31523c6c-0017-41a3-94f5-ae27584d

https://heritagedistilling.com/blogs/recipes/the-purple-gold

I don't have any lavender vodka, but I do have some purple gin, Empress 1908.  It'll have to do. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, miguelito said:

The Purple & Gold

2 oz HDC Lavender Vodka
3 Lemon Wedges

In a shaker, muddle 3 lemon wedges and Raft vanilla syrup. Add HDC Lavender Vodka and ice and shake for 10 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass and enjoy!

I don't have any lavender vodka, but I do have some purple gin, Empress 1908.  It'll have to do. 

Captain Kirk:
Note to Galley; Romulan Ale no longer to be served at diplomatic functions.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I like them both. Feel like Michigan wins it just because they are the bigger football brand. #expertanalysis

Also, does anyone know the actual kick-off time? I don't want to sit through 42 minutes of BS analysis and hype. I want to turn it on as foot meets ball.

Gematria is slanted heavily in Michigan's favor if you are into that sort of thing...

Note: It will trigger the Surly snowflakes so watch at your own peril...

49 minutes ago, miguelito said:

The Purple & Gold

2 oz HDC Lavender Vodka
3 Lemon Wedges

Sounds pretty good.  I had no idea there was lavender vodka, but not surprised with all the other flavors. 

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I like them both. Feel like Michigan wins it just because they are the bigger football brand. #expertanalysis

Also, does anyone know the actual kick-off time? I don't want to sit through 42 minutes of BS analysis and hype. I want to turn it on as foot meets ball.

Record it. Add an hour. Start watching about 45 minutes after start. FF through all the shitty commercials.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

I think Michigan wins this pulling away in second half. Washington will hit some deep shots, but Penix repeating that performance is something that would genuinely surprise me. 

If he's as good as some say he is, it shouldn't. That's what makes the greats greats.

Wash needs to create turnovers by Michigan,  get the lead and play from in front. 

Then the pressure and magnitude of this game might cause Mich to choke and make more mistakes.  Otherwise, if Michigan leads in the 4th quarter they will likely be able to wear down the Wash defense and win.  

34 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

If he's as good as some say he is, it shouldn't. That's what makes the greats greats.

Yeah that’s where I get lost. I think he’s very good and a great story. But I really don’t think he’s a “great”. I could be proven wrong, but I don’t see Michigan making some of the mistakes we did. 

9 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

pretty surprised at how low my give af is for this game.  

We got beat by a better team in the Sugar Bowl. It happens. What hurts me most is that this game is taking place about 15 minutes away from my house. When will I get that kind of opportunity again?

The good news is that, per aggy rules, if Washington wins we can put a banner up in DKR.

Edited by tokamak
  • Drool 1

I don't really care who wins ----- ah fuck that, I hope that Michigan loses, they will play well, feel like they should have won, and rationalize some bad call, dropped ball, time keeper error, missed call, or other bullshit. 
Go Huskies (I plan on watching some of the 4th quarter, when all the important shit happens)

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Washington’s mascot is not the Siberian Huskies, it is the Huskies.  Huskies represents a group of dog breeds, among which are the Siberian Husky and the Alaskan Malamute.  There are some 22 breeds that are considered part of the Husky group.  Washington uses the Alaskan Malamute as their mascot become it is generally the largest and strongest of the Husky breeds.  I myself prefer the Siberian Husky.

pay up george wendt GIF

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Gematria is slanted heavily in Michigan's favor if you are into that sort of thing...

Note: It will trigger the Surly snowflakes so watch at your own peril...

That rivals astrology as most fucktarded belief system/foundation of logic. Holy shit

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I don't even think I can watch this.

Watching College Gameday right now is definitely a bummer considering how close we were.

But I’m looking forward to the game. I’m a complete addict for college football and this is my last fix for a long time.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That rivals astrology as most fucktarded belief system/foundation of logic. Holy shit

I assure you 1,000% it works better as a system of gambling than your picks which are pretty universally wrong speaking of fucktarded.

It is going to hurt to watch this game since we thought it was very winnable if we could just get past our bad match up against Washington. I guess I want to see Michigan win since I told an aggy troll back before the start of the 2021 season that Michigan and us would get there way before they ever did since blue bloods are blue bloods for a reason. This is when aggy was feeling even more full of themselves then usual with a top 4 finish in 2020.

What the fuck did I just turn on?

1) Douchebag with backwards trucker cap.

2) High school coed glee club in the background doing some synchronized “dance”.

3) Douchebag moving around like a white kid from the ‘burns imitating a rapper he saw on MTV back in the ‘90s.

4) Song is called “Y’all Life”.

Someone please drop a bomb 💣 on Houston before it’s too late. 

(Or at least on the “Pregame Show”.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Don't really know crap about Harbaugh one way or the other, good bad or otherwise.  So tell me, why does just seeing him puts me in a rage and makes me want to punch his ugly ass glasses clear through his head and out of the back of his skull?

IMG_9494.jpeg

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Haha 1

Washington’s mascot is not the Siberian Huskies, it is the Huskies.  Huskies represents a group of dog breeds, among which are the Siberian Husky and the Alaskan Malamute.  There are some 22 breeds that are considered part of the Husky group.  Washington uses the Alaskan Malamute as their mascot become it is generally the largest and strongest of the Husky breeds.  I myself prefer the Siberian Husky.
Had a Malamute along with a Rhodesian Ridgeback as a kid...both escaped unethical rural breeders near our house and rescued by my mom. Both were very good dogs, but one night both of them ran into a pack of coyotes, the Malamute lost the fight, our Ridgeback was pretty beaten up put pulled through just fine with some stitches and meds. No idea how many Coyotes there were, but two of them were lying near where we eventually found our Malamute.

Edit- I say unethical breeders because who does Malamutes in Texas heat? And the Ridgeback breeder wasnt registered either. Both eventually got shut down.

I enjoy watching sports a lot more when I have someone to root for.

I've decided to root for Washington because they beat the Longhorns.
And only a national champion is allowed to beat the Longhorns.

Go Huskies!  Or whatever your chant is supposed to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I have neither a dog nor a wolverine in this fight, but in my 50 years of life I don't ever recall any time where I rooted for Meatchicken.

Lake Union/Lake Washington >>>>>>>>>>> Detroit suburb

So let's go Huskies.  

I despise Michigan, but Washington fans are dicks.

I am rooting for Michigan to win tonight, then be forced to vacate all their wins for cheating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want to say go Washington because fuck the Big 10, but yeah, whatever. Penix seems cool and should have got the Heisman, probably deserves at least a National Championship. Seattle’s a cool city so go UW, in the most milk toast way possible.

Edited by 'stache

6 hours ago, chainsaw said:

They're gonna have some weather tonight. Might not affect the actual game, but will affect people getting to and from NRG.

Shit went Biblical in the parking lot around 5pm and they shut everything down early.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

2) High school coed glee club in the background doing some synchronized “dance”.

3) Douchebag moving around like a white kid from the ‘burns imitating a rapper he saw on MTV back in the ‘90s.

Yep. I made it about 15 seconds and had to bail. Good gravy. 

I think Michigan runs all over them like we should have.

And I’m for Michigan so we can beat the defending champions next year. Also so we don’t have to listen to the “we proved everyone wrong” bullshit from Washington any more.  Hope they get their ass beat.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

I think Michigan runs all over them like we should have.

And I want them to win so we can beat the defending champions next year.

Yea in a transition year becaise harbaugh is leaving after the game. I want them to lose tonight and then we beat them by 35 next year.

• Drool 1

25 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not sure if you're talking about Walker Hayes, but he was just one a few seconds ago.  I never thought I'd hear anything worse than that fucking Fancy Like Applebee's song...but I was wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2