Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Really enjoyed the latest Untold doc about the Trashers. Better than Malice in the Palace. The guy they interviewed that got emotional when he talked about beating the shit out of the opposing player was hilarious. Those dudes were something else. 

Yep.  There were a lot of things I liked about it.

Spoiler

The absurdity of spoiling your child by buying a hockey team for him.

The absurdity of turning the team into a goon squad.

The loyalty.

The end when everyone just celebrated the fact that they had one good and crazy year.

9 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Enjoyed The Defeated.  Good to see Taylor Kitsch doing well.  

Does it get better? Ep 1 was OK, Ep 2 left me wanting to bail. Watching Taylor Kitsch act is like watching a potato bake. But at least something good happens when a potato bakes.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, deadshank said:

Watching Manhunt: Deadly Games - Richard Jewell edition.  

Kind of low budget but interesting.  

It’s a despicable crime the way the Feds and media acted and tortured that poor man.   The rush to judgement and manipulation is revolting.  

Yep, really sad. It appears he was able to get on with his life and be happy at least. 

19 hours ago, Chad said:

Season 2 of Black Summer is good, like really good. Hopefully they renew it for a third season.

Spoiler

I enjoyed it but I think "really good" is a little much unless you're really into the ZA genre, which I am.  Much like TWD, the characters make a few incredibly dumb decisions.  For example, I find a spot like that hotel and there's no way I'm leaving until spring.

1 hour ago, TriStone said:
  Hide contents

I enjoyed it but I think "really good" is a little much unless you're really into the ZA genre, which I am.  Much like TWD, the characters make a few incredibly dumb decisions.  For example, I find a spot like that hotel and there's no way I'm leaving until spring.

I feel like s2 of Black Summer is better than TWD. I enjoy how they show the different perspectives and even the most obscure segments tie back to the main narrative in some manner. I liked how they portrayed the survivor's desperation in s2 and how it's a completely become a dog eat dog world right from the get go it gives you the monsters are us vibe. I felt like Black Summer has brought some freshness to the genre.

On 9/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, Js1 said:

Sex Education season 3 tomorrow

Another Life got an October 14 season 2 premier. So much old school SyFy vibes from that show. 

That was an interesting opening to Season 3, anyone that hasn’t seen the first two seasons and randomly clicked on the show figured out really quickly where the show stands.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I liked it a lot too. I wonder how many seasons they can squeeze in before most of the cast is 30. 

I read the actress who plays Maeve may not return for a potential season 4.  I think you could end it at 4 if Netflix wanted a farewell season, but its Netflix, so a surprise cancellation wouldn't shock me either (the 3 season curse). 

• Hook 'Em 1