The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 5/14/2023 at 10:02 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

we all probably have some patriotic or flag tshirt that we somehow ended up with for a 4th of July party.

Nope. Not me. That last and only time I had anything flag-like (or red-white-blue) on my body was wearing freaking "bicentennial tennis shoes" in 1976 as a teenager. Lame-o. 

By the early 80s, I had seen enough of the Reagan-Falwell merger of Flag and Bible to be revulsed by flag-waving fanaticism and blind patriotism. I have not celebrated Fourth of July since sometime around 1982 or so. Proudly not patriotic, not nationalist, not religious. 

Read enough atheist philosophy books and saw enough of Sagan's Cosmos series to see the sheer idiocy of all that. 

That's why I do not wear any flags, fly any flags, worship any flags. Flags are for unevolved humans. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 12:57 PM, Pancho said:

What does that Harpy's shirt say? Something about Black People. 

Honestly that video is the perfect encapsulation of what so much of America has become. Willfully stupid, selfish, and craven. Scared of everything. And they'll wrap it in the veneer of Jesus. These people are why I'm convinced organized religion is poison, and I say that knowing plenty of truly great Christians who live and do good. Fuck her.

Also, apparently Katy just elected a far right school board as well. My buddy who lives in Katy says that something absurd, like only 1% of the population, showed up to vote, and that a fuck ton of outside PAC money from Ohio was poured into the race to prop up the extremist candidates. He and his wife are very concerned, because they expect this to result in a rash of principles being fired and teachers resigning. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If anyone wants to have a go, Plano city councilman Shelby Willimas has decided to engage the posters of /r/Plano in the comment section of this thread and defend his various GQP antics. As you can imagine, its going well:

• Hook 'Em 1

Vicious.  Smart.  Bold.  Confident.  Decisive.  And Gorgeous.  

Best of all, a considerate leader who calls out bullshit.  

Somebody let me know how I can help re-elect her.  And other things of that nature.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 7:33 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wade Searle, a Congressional staffer who works for Paul Gosar, is apparently a right-wing racist and follower of Nick Fuentes. Every one of these chucklefucks should be exposed for the toxic haters they are.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/paul-gosar-nick-fuentes-staffer-wade-searle

Some splash page they have there!

image.thumb.png.501b38100eb6da02443526f2b176163c.png

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2023 at 2:22 PM, SydneyCarton said:

What does that Harpy's shirt say? Something about Black People. 

Honestly that video is the perfect encapsulation of what so much of America has become. Willfully stupid, selfish, and craven. Scared of everything. And they'll wrap it in the veneer of Jesus. These people are why I'm convinced organized religion is poison, and I say that knowing plenty of truly great Christians who live and do good. Fuck her.

Also, apparently Katy just elected a far right school board as well. My buddy who lives in Katy says that something absurd, like only 1% of the population, showed up to vote, and that a fuck ton of outside PAC money from Ohio was poured into the race to prop up the extremist candidates. He and his wife are very concerned, because they expect this to result in a rash of principles being fired and teachers resigning. 

Some other poster said that the three candidates on the Hummer all lost.

On 5/15/2023 at 2:22 PM, SydneyCarton said:

* Principals.   The Principal is your pal.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 5/16/2023 at 9:59 PM, Beau Vine said:

This is hard to believe...

It gives me hope that the TX GOP will eventually be held accountable by the voters in this state and also that pigs will fly.

More of the same

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donna-deegan-mayor-jacksonville-florida-defeats-desantis-endorsed-daniel-davis/

A Democratic upset win in Florida's most populous city on Tuesday night marks the first positive sign for the state party, who got trounced by Republicans in the state in the 2022 midterm elections. 

In Jacksonville's mayoral race, Democratic candidate and former TV anchor Donna Deegan beat Republican businessman Daniel Davis, who was endorsed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, by roughly 5 points.

Deegan will be the first female mayor in Jacksonville history, and will be the first Democrat to hold the post since 2015. While Democrats have a slight voter registration advantage in Duval County, three of the last four mayors have been Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

This is hard to believe...
It gives me hope that the TX GOP will eventually be held accountable by the voters in this state and also that pigs will fly.

The actual city of CS went heavily for Biden. It’s the suburbs that sucked and they make up the majority of the population of the metro area.

80fc77aa6e596f54354ea7ac338974ee.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

This could go in about 5-6 different threads

"I am not a smart man" This dingbat put this (below) on Twitter.  Jaysus. "We will now have you cross examined by a box of rocks."

Edited by Bullneck

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

The actual city of CS went heavily for Biden. It’s the suburbs that sucked and they make up the majority of the population of the metro area.

80fc77aa6e596f54354ea7ac338974ee.jpg

the suburbs for Colorado Springs is ground-zero for the american christian extremist movement. Focus on the family and all of that shit is HQ'd there

On 5/16/2023 at 1:27 PM, Beau Vine said:

I don't come to this thread often enough. Thanks for posting this. It reaffirms my determination to only vote for white men if the alternative is disastrous. I love the marriage of passion and precision in Crockett's oratory. I love the sound of her cultural upbringing in her diction. It's genuinely exciting to me to hear this woman or AOC or Elizabeth Warren or the immortal Katie Porter laying down truth and clarity. I cannot remember the name of the tall, beautiful black woman on the second impeachment team. (Okay, just figuratively got off my lazy ass and looked her up. Stacey Plaskett representing the Virgin Islands.)

I came of age when it was easy to list all the black women in Congress: Shirley Chisholm. Back then, her presence in Congress was sort of presented to Jr. High kids as evidence of what a good nation we were. We always think we've crossed the finish line. There is no finish line for improvement.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

spacer.png

She's the human female version of Marjorie. Gleam of intelligence in her eyes and a smile that's not scornful.

What's the South coming to?

Edited by RomaVicta

1 minute ago, Ten Bears said:

How is that not assault if I put my hands on you and forcibly move you to where you don't want to be?

Well you see, we treat fascists differently. You have to be able to prove the fascist meant to commit an assault to be able to charge them with it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

How is that not assault if I put my hands on you and forcibly move you to where you don't want to be?

"I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

-m Gandhi

It really is amazing how all of these smooth-brained dipshits manage to get elected to Congress. Higgins is such a fucking tool, he was gonna get fired from being a cop before he quit, and he's on his fourth wife. When you're so fucking bad at life in general, you shouldn't be able to decide public policy for the rest of us. And yet the good people of Louisiana sent this simpleton to DC. This is the your GQP. 

Clay Higgins and the Rise of Trumpism in the GOP | The New Republic

• Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

"There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5