Casey Thompson

Tex Long

• 1 month later...

I've always had the impression he's a good kid, and not just because he told pop's old school to fuck off. That was pretty sweet when we stole blowU's #1and #2 QB targets the same recruiting class.

Of course only one is still here and it hasnt meant fuck all for wins or really hurt the gooners, but still.

I'm hoping the west coast quarterback training means there's something specific he's working on. You know, as opposed to looking at USC as a place to get more clicks NILbux, like some of his receivers?  I'd like to think Sark sent him, no worries.

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I'm hoping the west coast quarterback training means there's something specific he's working on. You know, as opposed to looking at USC as a place to get more clicks NILbux, like some of his receivers?  I'd like to think Sark sent him, no worries.

Don't be concerned about it he's just helping Jake Smith find an apartment in Compton.

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Bump, for eventual relevance. 

If indeed Casey does well against the Fightin' Wols, does he gt the Tceh start? If Card looks healed from his inexperience, does he get that start, or at least more PT?

I think the gameplan should be having Casey in on first down. That way Sark can see how the O-line will perform on that series. If they get blown up, keep Casey in so Card doesn't get roughed up. If they block great, put Card in for 2nd down so that he can feel safe in the pocket and show off his cannon like in practice. Once it gets to third down, if it's an easy conversion, leave Card in so IT and others can crow about his 3rd down conversion rate and boost his confidence. If it's 3rd and long, put Casey back in so that he takes the blame if they don't move the chains but roll the dice that maybe he pulls something out of his ass like Sam and Colt would do. If we go for it on 4th down, wildcat and just run into the back of the line instead of trying to do anything on the edges and save them both a hit.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:03 AM, ousux said:
On 6/2/2021 at 12:34 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:
I hope this isn’t where middle-aged posters start talking about getting boners again. 

If he can send the gooners back on the I-35 trail of tears in October then I'll be poppin multiple shame-free chubs.

200.gif

I think the gameplan should be having Casey in on first down. That way Sark can see how the O-line will perform on that series. If they get blown up, keep Casey in so Card doesn't get roughed up. If they block great, put Card in for 2nd down so that he can feel safe in the pocket and show off his cannon like in practice. Once it gets to third down, if it's an easy conversion, leave Card in so IT and others can crow about his 3rd down conversion rate and boost his confidence. If it's 3rd and long, put Casey back in so that he takes the blame if they don't move the chains but roll the dice that maybe he pulls something out of his ass like Sam and Colt would do. If we go for it on 4th down, wildcat and just run into the back of the line instead of trying to do anything on the edges and save them both a hit.

Herman left, thank goodness.

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I think at this point Casey has to lose the starting job, like Card. He should easily start the Tech game and then probably TCU, as well. TCU is the next real test 

My thoughts as well. He's now the starter and Card has to take it from him. I have a feeling Casey won't be letting go of that. He has moxie, and also how fucking great will/would it be for him to come in and beat ou. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Genghis said:

Let me guess, you're a Madden champ?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Let me guess, you're a Madden champ?

I also am a fan of the all punt block all the time defensive strategy. But no, I just got stuck sitting next to Charlie Strong on a long flight where he explained everything he knew about offense in college football with highlights of the 2015 football season.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

I also am a fan of the all punt block all the time defensive strategy. But no, I just got stuck sitting next to Charlie Strong on a long flight where he explained everything he knew about offense in college football with highlights of the 2015 football season.

Why were you flying coach on a long flight?

8 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I think at this point Casey has to lose the starting job, like Card. He should easily start the Tech game and then probably TCU, as well. TCU is the next real test 

yeah TCU definitely the next real test. Tech should be a breeze, we are a dominant team and we always curbstomp teams with lesser talent and Tech is always no big deal. shouldn’t worry about them at all. TCU, that’s the next game we should even bother watching because everything before it will be fucking cake. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

My thoughts as well. He's now the starter and Card has to take it from him. I have a feeling Casey won't be letting go of that. He has moxie, and also how fucking great will/would it be for him to come in and beat ou. 

I said something similar to my 16 year old last weekend who needed to be talked off the ledge. Casey is a baller and will not let up now that he is in the driver's seat. Dude is going be motivated as fuck and will generate a shit ton of offense.

• Hook 'Em 2

Blow everyone one out though so we can see some Card in the 4Q to see if he really sucks or not. 
I hope this works out for Thompson the way he sat behind Sam so long only to have to sit and watch Card shit the bed in the last game.
Card doesnt suck, lol. Casey's style is simply better suited to a leaky o-line, and thats likely to be the case the rest of the season. Give Card a clean pocket for 4-5 seconds and he can pick apart a defense. His deep ball timing needs work tho, I'll give you that..

Remains to be seen. I've seen a lot of QBs play for Texas since Colt. Most of them weren't very good. 
Sam, Shane and even squints are in the NFL now. Sure none are starters, but haven't been totally shitcanned yet. Card will be good somewhere, remains to be seen if it's here..

1 hour ago, ousux said:
9 hours ago, Zeus said:
Blow everyone one out though so we can see some Card in the 4Q to see if he really sucks or not. 
I hope this works out for Thompson the way he sat behind Sam so long only to have to sit and watch Card shit the bed in the last game.

Card doesnt suck, lol. Casey's style is simply better suited to a leaky o-line, and thats likely to be the case the rest of the season. Give Card a clean pocket for 4-5 seconds and he can pick apart a defense. His deep ball timing needs work tho, I'll give you that..

Bruh he was rattled against Arkie and squeezed the ball, then missed wide open deep shots. I'm hoping he doesn't suck. 

Either way Maalik Murphy looks like the real deal so we should be fine.

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Casey is gonna go ape shit in the cotton bowl. Colorado type performance. The thought of an OU legacy going off on the way to a win over OU would be too glorious 

That would be so epic and would save the season.  Charles Thompson’s son ravaging OU on National TV, that would even wipe the shit eating grin off Barry Switzer’s face.  I’m all in on hoping Casey works out!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Genghis said:

Was the flight from DC to Baltimore?  By the time he finished, you probably had 20 minutes to spare and discuss special teams.

• Haha 1