College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don't think we are disagreeing much.  I think they'll placate those families or try to.  They may even tell them they're considering what they've said and blah blah blah.  I just know from being around some of those academic elitists in the B1G (I'm definitely an outsider that's not worthy) that they'll laugh at those parents when nobody is looking.  Also many of them don't like the tail wagging the dog...IE coaches/football programs with too much power.  This will all lead to a reckoning - let's be honest, it's stupid that football players are lumped in with the rest of the student athletes anyway (maybe hoops belongs as a distant second in that exclusive club) and it's only a matter of time before they organize and these schools have some sort of split between these power programs and the University itself.  I could be wrong but I don't see that trainwreck being avoided...

*God damn, that's a lot of verbal diarrhea.  Fucking wine is hitting harder than I thought. 

Pos rep for self-awareness. Not sure that's within the surly-rules, but Ken Jeong I'll allow it .gif

6 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Hmmm....very odd. I am surprised the ME refused to do an autopsy.  Based on your 99% assumption she was a covid death, I assume she tested positive at some point in time.  It seems these days that covid deaths fits the agenda of the day.  No one seems to be dying from diabetes, heart disease, liver/kidney disease or even good ole cancer.  You know, the regular things that used to kill people.  Any way, sorry about your aunt.  Best of everything to you.  

User name checks out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Cancellation is a move so obvious makes it's unlikely to be a mole.  Kinda like no Republican plant would blow his cover by suggesting, Defund the Police.

Well, politics/ smolitics..? The only thing that might cancel the season for SEC:

Ef6hIG2WoAAOqJu?format=png&name=900x900

55 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

How much does a scholarship really cost a school?

I think at most schools the AD actually pays the full tuition to the university so it's a bit of a windfall to the university since the marginal costs of enrolling an additional 250-300 students are certainly less than tuition for each of those.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, wood said:

NCAA Volleyball pushed back to spring. Just announced ...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but this is the kind of strategy that has a better chance of working than just saying, "We're canceling and you're crazy for not panicking too!"

Tell the conferences that insist on fall sports other than football that the championships have been moved to the spring. "You can go ahead and play this fall if you want, but why not wait for the championships in the spring?"

Has no practical effect on football, of course. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The conferences had already bumped volleyball to spring a couple weeks back. This just confirms the NCAA will try to stage a tournament, which is great if it works out. No idea where it puts them for 2021, they will probably want to get back on their fall schedule to preserve the pre-xmas Final Four on TV.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, DanRydell said:

I think at most schools the AD actually pays the full tuition to the university so it's a bit of a windfall to the university since the marginal costs of enrolling an additional 250-300 students are certainly less than tuition for each of those.

Yes. And at UT it’s at out of state tuition rate regardless of where said scholar hails from. Not sure why. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yes. And at UT it’s at out of state tuition rate regardless of where said scholar hails from. Not sure why. 

In order to maximize the margin.   Transfer cost accounting rarely involves any measurable uptick in COGS, the difference in out of state vs in state tuition simply pads that margin via the increased “transfer price”.   

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1