CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

They can't take responsibility for anything in their lives...it's the government's fault, it's that immigrant's fault, it's the media's fault, on and fucking on.

No surprise they will never own their own stupid decisions.

But we can’t be mean to them!!!

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Agree. It would seem to be likely that mom's attitude towards COVID is why her daughter is dead. Hopefully she learns from it but doubtful. Many in this frame of mind console themselves that it's God's will.

The only thing more stupid than the “it’s God’s will” argument is the “I’m gonna die of something eventually anyway” argument. Ok then fuckhead, just shoot yourself then and eliminate all the suspense.

Idiots. 

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Many in this frame of mind console themselves that it's God's will.

Friend of mine... hadn't seen him 1:1 in like 6 months

Me:  "I got the Moderna back around 7 or 8 months ago.  You?"

Him:  "Nope.  I've got an immune system, just like God gave me.  I don't get the flu thing either, never have."

On 9/8/2021 at 4:22 PM, staboner said:

thats crazy! oh wait, no really it isn't. considering all the other shit the government is taking away from people down here....not surprising at all. of all the western countries i would assume Oz is violating muh freedoms the most.

people are finally waking up to this shit. some boomers i ran into yesterday finally started to question this insanity. i had given up long ago thinking we were all going to be like those old school electric football games we had as kids - just vibrating in place like larry and hoping we ended up somewhere with a nice beach where beer was still allowed

WhAt AbOuT GrAnDmA!

I have been kinda following this, since NZ, and Australia seem to be crazy as shit. As I heard that the people maybe descendants of thieves and killers, but the political body is ran by the descendants of cops.  

45 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Remember how fucking furious people like him were last year that they couldn't get a haircut? They turned into absolute lunatics because their hair salon was closed for a month. They're not even willing to go an extra few weeks in between haircuts to save thousands of lives, of course they don't give a shit about kids dying.

To be fair, MN, along with several DT posters who switched handles during the move, sure seemed to be obsessed with hypothetical pedo victims during the fake PizzaGate scandle.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Are you saying that Delta is killing one in 200 young healthy people? That is alarming, I haven’t seen that reported. Covid has killed 15 kids under 18 in Georgia.

Young gets older for me every day. I would say 55 and under with no comorbidities that’s probably right. One big problem in the US is 2/3 of adults are overweight with 1/3 being obese, So we are going to skew towards a higher hospitalizations and deaths in a younger cohort because of that. Bottom line, it’s almost all unvaccinated at this point.15 deaths from something that is completely avoidable in my opinion is a tragedy

• Hook 'Em 4

i just read through the last couple of pages and that mn dude is off the rails pretty bad.  he's trying to make a run at immortal13's crown. i had never really noticed him before except for the "just asking questions/misinformation spreader" useful idiot on the dt covid thread last year.

but i just now remembered that i recognized him as the guy that always posted those facebook posts from that insanely stupid minnesota or north dakota real estate guy who loved starbucks and north face more than anything in the world and believed them to be status symbols.  man, if you are friends with that guy, you are probably pretty awful.  just a random thought.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Remember how fucking furious people like him were last year that they couldn't get a haircut? They turned into absolute lunatics because their hair salon was closed for a month. They're not even willing to go an extra few weeks in between haircuts to save thousands of lives, of course they don't give a shit about kids dying.

MN is not in the crowd that is irredeemable. He can empathize with their thinking apparently,but he is not one of them. He has been posting in our community for at least 8 years or so. He got married and became a dad during this time.

Maybe because he is in our community we swayed him into getting vaccinated. Maybe we can sway him to be an advocate to getting others in his circle who aren't yet vaxxed to do the same.

But don't say that he doesn't give a shit about the kids that die. That horror hurts us all. Fuck, right in the feels.

Fuck this virus and fuck the purveyors of the misinformation.  The stupidly stubborn are rubes and victims of their lies and while I've lost patience with their slowness, they are fellow Americans that Joe needs to pull along by all legal means. Let them bitch and wail all the way to the vaccine clinics. But make sure they go to the vaccine clinics because it is their job, their money, their health insurance premiums if they don't. Hell, require vax passports for games and concerts. That would probably work faster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Last October, CNN went to a small MO town to report on their politicization of mask wearing. They've been decimated by the delta wave, and no big surprise are fairly anti-vax. CNN returned to talk to them.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/us/ozarks-missouri-covid-vaccine/index.html

two interviews stand out

1. guy lost his wife to covid in July and he plans to get vaccinated. Plans? What's he waiting for.
  2. Friend of guy #1 who previously had  COVID. He says that the medical industry withheld the vaccine until after the election to screw over Trump, so he's showing them by not getting the vaccine.

Oh FFS.  Makes me want to choke a bitch.

I was just perusing FB and there's this one sailing group that I'm part of that allows a pretty free unfiltered exchange, and some of these Floridian, and yes, Texan, yokels and their bullshittery is just infuriating.  The "in Israel the majority of hospitalizations are vaccinated, so the vax is BS!" argument is fucking ridiculous.  Care to guess WHY that's the case?  Because almost the entire country is vaccinated, so there aren't very many unvaxxed to go to the hospital.  BUT, in Israel, you still are NINE TIMES more likely to end up in the hospital if you are unvaxxed than vaxxed.  Fucking buffoons.

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

The "in Israel the majority of hospitalizations are vaccinated, so the vax is BS!" argument is fucking ridiculous.  Care to guess WHY that's the case?  Because almost the entire country is vaccinated, so there aren't very many unvaxxed to go to the hospital.  BUT, in Israel, you still are NINE TIMES more likely to end up in the hospital if you are unvaxxed than vaxxed.  Fucking buffoons.

Basic mathematical and statistical concepts are not a strength for these people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Interesting hypothetical I’m going over in my mind- say you are a company that has 103 employees. Most of them happily got vaccinated. Your most valuable employee, by whatever metric, refuses vaccination and refuses testing because freedom. If you don’t want to lose that employee, do you look at terminating multiple employees that are less valuable to get under 100?  Look to take some to contractor (assuming that makes a difference in the edict)?  Those actions would presumably punish the employees that are doing the right thing. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bac41e5673f78657dec68b07fb205d59.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Roger Waters: "Mother should I trust the government?"

Concertgoers: "NOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Surly Posters: "People who don't trust the government are selfish idiots! Thank god I'm smart and not like them!"

LOL

Not sure if it's hilarious or sad so fucking few of you have figured out by now that this whole thing is driving us to the Social Credit System and the prison it creates. 

Nice job leaving a dystopian world for your children and grandchildren cowards...  That panoramic life review is going to be fun upon death lol, but enjoy you sure as fuck will have earned it.

covid_nazis.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 26

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Surly Posters: "People who don't trust the government are selfish idiots! Thank god I'm smart and not like them!"

LOL

Not sure if it's hilarious or sad so fucking few of you have figured out by now that this whole thing is driving us to the Social Credit System and the prison it creates. 

Nice job leaving a dystopian world for your children and grandchildren cowards...  That panoramic life review is going to be fun upon death lol, but enjoy you sure as fuck will have earned it.

covid_nazis.jpg

Yes, requiring people to take an extremely basic, free, and safe measure to ensure that they don't kill other people is the same as murdering millions of people. You're very smart.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Yes, requiring people to take an extremely basic, free, and safe measure to ensure that they don't kill other people is the same as murdering millions of people. You're very smart.

Free? Just because you don't have to pay for the clinical trial doesn't mean it's free.  Dunning-Kruger is proven right daily.

• Fuck You 10

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

LOL

covid_nazis.jpg

Tom?

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 2:09 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

A reminder Neil fucks.

2zshbcpw21ay.jpg

My neighbor is in that top picture.  She actually sent the pic to me a while back when we were talking about NDT for some random reason.  She still looks pretty much the same except older, married and with two kids.  Cool chick.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

27 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

LOL

covid_nazis.jpg

The character singing this becomes a literal nazi. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

LOL

covid_nazis.jpg.270a59432ae8a9c2a5113e39b5fb6b42.jpg

Dude, pull your pants up. Nobody wants to see your junk.

Unvaccinated VS vaccinated Americans:

Infected -- 4.5X (reported in NYT story, trust me)

Hospitalized -- 10X

Death -- 11X

Effectiveness against hospitalization:

Moderna -- 95%

Pfizer -- 80%

J&J -- 60%

Vaccine effectiveness

Spoiler

People who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were over 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19 than those who were fully vaccinated, according to one of three major studies published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that highlight the continued efficacy of all three vaccines amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

A second study showed the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was moderately more effective in preventing hospitalizations than its counterparts from Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson. That assessment was based on the largest U.S. study to date of the real-world effectiveness of all three vaccines, involving about 32,000 patients seen in hospitals, emergency departments and urgent care clinics across nine states from June through early August.

While the three vaccines were collectively 86 percent effective in preventing hospitalization, protection was significantly higher among Moderna vaccine recipients (95 percent) than among those who got Pfizer-BioNTech (80 percent) or Johnson & Johnson (60 percent). That finding echoes a smaller study by the Mayo Clinic Health System in August, not yet peer reviewed, which also showed the Moderna vaccine with higher effectiveness than Pfizer-BioNTech at preventing infections during the delta wave.

Noting the effectiveness of all vaccines against severe illness and death, public health officials have continued to urge people to get whatever vaccine is available, rather than to shop around and delay inoculation.

“The bottom line is this: We have the scientific tools we need to turn the corner on this pandemic," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said at a White House covid-19 briefing Friday. “Vaccination works and will protect us from the severe complications of covid-19.”

The trio of reports comes as President Biden announced sweeping coronavirus vaccine mandates Thursday to curb the surging delta variant, which are expected to increase the pressure on the tens of millions of Americans who have resisted vaccinations. The virus has killed more than 650,000 people in the United States with about 1,500 average daily deaths for the past eight days — a toll not seen since early March, according to data analyzed by The Washington Post.

Pfizer, partnering with BioNTech, and Moderna have created promising vaccines that scientists hope will lead to more medical breakthroughs using mRNA. (Joshua Carroll, Brian Monroe/The Washington Post)
The CDC studies offer some clarity in a confusing moment in the pandemic amid concerns about waning immunity and the vaccines’ protection against a more contagious variant. The data are broadly consistent with findings from other studies: The vaccines continue to provide strong protection for most people against hospitalization and death, even during this delta surge, but are less effective in protecting adults in the highest age brackets, especially those with underlying medical conditions.

The highly transmissible delta variant now accounts for more than than 99 percent of new coronavirus infections, the CDC estimates. Fear of waning protection against severe disease is why the administration hopes to roll out boosters as soon as health authorities give the green light. Pfizer is in line to be the first brand approved as a booster by the Food and Drug Administration since the company has submitted data on the safety and effectiveness of boosting its own two-shot regimen with a third shot of the same vaccine. Approval of the other vaccines is expected to follow in coming months.

In the CDC report that analyzed vaccine effectiveness by brand, researchers looked at how well the vaccines protected against severe disease. They measured effectiveness against hospitalization and, separately, against trips to the emergency department or urgent care. Overall effectiveness in preventing emergency department or urgent care trips was 82 percent. Effectiveness was highest among Moderna recipients (92 percent), followed by Pfizer (77 percent) and then Johnson & Johnson (65 percent).

The CDC report doesn’t explain why Moderna might offer greater benefit. One possibility is that Moderna’s dose of mRNA is three times that of Pfizer-BioNTech’s. The interval between shots is also longer: four weeks for Moderna instead of three weeks for Pfizer-BioNTech. Some research has shown that longer intervals between shots — including much longer periods, beyond four weeks — could be advantageous to building immunity.

But researchers found diminishing effectiveness against hospitalizations among adults 75 and older, and suggested the decline could be from waning immunity and the impact of a more contagious variant. The report noted, however, that “this moderate decline should be interpreted with caution and might be related to changes in the virus that causes covid-19, weakening vaccine-induced immunity as more time passes since vaccination, or a combination of factors.”

Nevertheless, the three vaccines showed continued robust protection for all adults — greater than 82 percent — for hospitalization, emergency room and urgent care trips.

“It is really really great to have 82 percent effectiveness in the time of delta,” four to six months after many people have gotten vaccinated, said Eddie Stenehjem, one of the authors and an infectious-disease physician at Intermountain Healthcare, a health system based in Salt Lake City that participated in the study. “We hope this is reassurance to the general public.”

Another CDC study shows that the vaccines endured some erosion as the delta variant became dominant, especially among adults 65 and older but protection against severe disease and death remained strong, albeit less so in that group. The CDC analyzed data on more than 600,000 covid-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths among people 18 and older by vaccination status reported from April 4 to July 17 in 13 states and cities.

The report estimated that vaccine effectiveness against infection dropped from 90 percent in the first part of that period, when delta had not yet gained significant traction, to under 80 percent from mid-June to mid-July, when delta began out-competing all other strains of the virus. Effectiveness against hospitalization and death showed barely any decline during the entire period.

“Still achieving 80 percent is a very good number,” said Mehul Suthar, a virologist at Emory University who studies the coronavirus. “These vaccines still hold up against a highly transmissible variant.”

There were more breakthrough hospitalizations and deaths than during the spring, but not to a dramatic extent given the broadening of vaccination. Between June 20 and July 17, vaccinated people accounted for 14 percent of hospitalizations for covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, and 16 percent of deaths, roughly double the percentage seen in the spring, the CDC reported.

But that is not surprising, given that vaccinations increased dramatically across the country. An increased percentage of vaccinated people among those who are hospitalized or die would be expected when they account for a greater proportion of the population. The CDC said its data showed only a very small decline in protection against severe disease and death when the higher vaccination rates were taken into account.

“The vaccines remain very protective against severe disease,” said William Moss, executive director of the International Vaccine Access Center at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. “I think we set our expectations too high for vaccines, thinking they were going to prevent people from getting infected and transmitting the virus.”

The third study looked at the effectiveness of the two mRNA vaccines among hospitalized people at five Veterans Affairs hospitals in Atlanta, New York, Houston, Los Angeles and Palo Alto, Ca. from Feb. 1 to Aug. 6. The report found the mRNA vaccines were 87 percent effective in preventing hospitalizations and remained highly effective even during delta’s predominance.

Effectiveness in preventing hospitalizations dropped to 80 percent among those 65 and older, compared with 95 percent among those 18 to 64 years old.

The numbers reported Friday were a reminder of how top government health officials, as well as President Biden, had repeatedly used outdated CDC information, saying that breakthrough hospitalizations and deaths were extremely rare. Their message — that vaccinations are hugely beneficial — is largely supported by the new data, but they were relying on data that did not capture the effects of delta, relaxed public behavior and naturally declining immunity.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

99.9% of doctors on earth, along with governments: "It's a bad idea to shoot yourself in the dick and you shouldn't do that."

Some dipshit podcaster making millions telling dumb people they're smart: "Look only a fucking idiot thinks you can trust the government. You listeners are the only really smart people on earth and you know you should do the opposite of whatever the government says, so of course you need to shoot yourself in the dick and do it now!"

Pimphand: *shoots self in dick, goes to hospital where a doctor saves his life, whom he then calls a nazi cuck liberal media propagandist*

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

LOL

covid_nazis.jpg

“I am isolated,” Roger Waters shares in a new interview with podcast COVID-19 Chronicles, “I’ve been taking this seriously for a couple of weeks now. I see my missus and that’s about it.”

“The United States is without question the least prepared country anywhere on the globe to deal with Covid-19,” he contends. “It has a completely incompetent government led by Donald Trump.”

“In the US, it’s been like living in a world peopled by the walking dead,” he laments, “The government doesn’t serve the people. The government serves the corporations and the politicrats. Everybody knows it, but nobody will say anything.”

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Friend of mine... hadn't seen him 1:1 in like 6 months

Me:  "I got the Moderna back around 7 or 8 months ago.  You?"

Him:  "Nope.  I've got an immune system, just like God gave me.  I don't get the flu thing either, never have."

Well, also he is a Tolkien Elf and theoretically immortal.

LOL

covid_nazis.jpg.270a59432ae8a9c2a5113e39b5fb6b42.jpg

Fuck. Maybe everyone else is right about Astros fans.
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Last October, CNN went to a small MO town to report on their politicization of mask wearing. They've been decimated by the delta wave, and no big surprise are fairly anti-vax. CNN returned to talk to them.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/us/ozarks-missouri-covid-vaccine/index.html

two interviews stand out

1. guy lost his wife to covid in July and he plans to get vaccinated. Plans? What's he waiting for.
  2. Friend of guy #1 who previously had  COVID. He says that the medical industry withheld the vaccine until after the election to screw over Trump, so he's showing them by not getting the vaccine.

Since we are seemingly stuck in this horrifying loop and these people refuse to not be insane, the more of these people that covid takes out, the better.  

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

LOL

covid_nazis.jpg

This is some bizarre street theater act right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Re: anti vax nurses

According my RN and MD pals its the LVNs that are the problem. 

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep. And the CNAs. You have to be fairly smart to be an RN. Below that, not so much. 

That's kind of what I figured. I've got a cousin that's an anti-vax nurse, and I'm 99% sure she's an LVN. And she's the high water mark in her family. Older brother got kicked out of the Navy and did manual labor jobs all his life. Now he's a drunk living with their mom and mooching her SS money because he's "too sick to work" most of the time. Little sister is a cashier at an AutoZone in Bridge City. These are adults in their 40s and 50s we're talking about. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

LOL

covid_nazis.jpg

How about trust doctors and scientists you stupid fuck? You would really not do something that might save your life because the government told you to do it? You know how you morons could increase your chances of stopping the Chinese Communists from taking over? Getting vaccinated and not dying from a preventable disease would sure help you at the polls in 2022 and 2024

• Hook 'Em 3