2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Fuck it.  I'm done for the day.  Appellate brief is filed, and any work that doesn't need to get done today will get done tomorrow.

Heading over to my lady's house for dinner, strong drinks, election news watching, Surly posting, and if all goes well, celebratory sex.  If Biden wins, I win.

Your poor mom is going to be EXHAUSTED.   We need to send over a case of Vitamin Water or something.

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

WHERE THE DOOMERS AT? TRUMP GETTING CURBSTOMPED

I'm here.  Biding my time till I can kick back, have a drink, and pray like hell that all my fears are for naught.  Just like I waited for Texas to let Leinart march down the field and score at the end in 05.  Didn't breathe till the clock said 00:00.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, heso said:

so you have dem controlled counties ready to start processing as soon as they can and gop controlled counties waiting until tomorrow to even start so Trumps lead looks as large as possible on Election Day. 

Except if the Democratic counties are counting and the Republican ones aren't it might do the opposite of that wouldn't it? 

2 minutes ago, heso said:

so you have dem controlled counties ready to start processing as soon as they can and gop controlled counties waiting until tomorrow to even start so Trumps lead looks as large as possible on Election Day. 

I actually think this will have the opposite effect depending on how efficient the big counties are at counting mail in ballots. Those that choose to do so have been counting ballots since 7am this morning EST.

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

NV latest

Hillary won Clark by about 80k votes.

R's only have approx a 5k vote lead in Clark on Election Day voting - and they might not have much more than that when the day is finished (Just as we've seen in other states - R's voted early but the D vote is picking up as the day goes on).  Biden can still end up winning Clark by 100k + votes.  That would more than make up for whatever Trump picks up in the rural.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was out earlier today and turned on AM radio. I never do that but it's a crazy day so punched the button. Rush was on. This man whines so much it's really sad. He sounds as much as if he's trying to convince himself as he is his listeners. I've always known who he is, but today was a first to listen more than just a couple of minutes. I found out that I, Mrs. Whiggins, am an unAmerican traitor because I did not cast a vote for Trump and that everyone who supports Trump should be very angry because the Democratic Party and liberals have been trying to remove Trump from office since day one. I think it was a 'they stole your vote' by doing this argument, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But he continues on in this victim outrage mode for a long time until I reached my destination. It isn't healthy, this type of rage.

178adc5722a9d2d076d41987718a0fc2.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I was out earlier today and turned on AM radio. I never do that but it's a crazy day so punched the button. Rush was on. This man whines so much it's really sad. He sounds as much as if he's trying to convince himself as he is his listeners. I've always known who he is, but today was a first to listen more than just a couple of minutes. I found out that I, Mrs. Whiggins, am an unAmerican traitor because I did not cast a vote for Trump and that everyone who supports Trump should be very angry because the Democratic Party and liberals have been trying to remove Trump from office since day one. I think it was a 'they stole your vote' by doing this argument, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But he continues on in this victim outrage mode for a long time until I reached my destination. It isn't healthy, this type of rage.

I keep an a.m. radio on in my laundry room, just because I sort of want to hear what kind of messaging the olds are hearing.  And I got to tell you, even though I already know I'm stepping into a firehose of bullshit, I am still frequently floored at how profoundly poisonous his message is to this country.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Hillary won Clark by about 80k votes.

R's only have approx a 5k vote lead in Clark on Election Day voting - and they might not have much more than that when the day is finished (Just as we've seen in other states - R's voted early but the D vote is picking up as the day goes on).  Biden can still end up winning Clark by 100k + votes.  That would more than make up for whatever Trump picks up in the rural.

Here's the NY Times data from 2016 - good for comparing different counties to what occurs this year:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/nevada

Hillabeast won NV by like 27k. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Your poor mom is going to be EXHAUSTED.   We need to send over a case of Vitamin Water or something.

I'm here.  Biding my time till I can kick back, have a drink, and pray like hell that all my fears are for naught.  Just like I waited for Texas to let Leinart march down the field and score at the end in 05.  Didn't breathe till the clock said 00:00.

I had no doubt that Texas would win. I explained that to many OSU and Notre Dame fans at the Fiesta bowl the day before. I'm not quite as confident today, mainly because I expect shenanigans. 

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Just opened a growler of Southpaw brewery's Double IPA (Axel's Waggle...not off the chart IBUs for a DIPA and a manageable 8%) and have both the grill and the fire pit prepped. I'm locked in for at least the next 6 hours.

I fucked up and didn’t stock up. I’ve got peach schnapps, three rose hard ciders and a bottle of two year old korbel. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I actually think this will have the opposite effect depending on how efficient the big counties are at counting mail in ballots. Those that choose to do so have been counting ballots since 7am this morning EST.

Yea we’ll see how fast they can get them counted and when they will be releasing the results, but 36% of the mail in ballots are from 3 counties that Hillary won by 16, 21, and 67. 

i don’t know how much we’ll get of that tonight but Philly county said they will be releasing the mail-in count in batches starting tonight.

10 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Just opened a growler of Southpaw brewery's Double IPA (Axel's Waggle...not off the chart IBUs for a DIPA and a manageable 8%) and have both the grill and the fire pit prepped. I'm locked in for at least the next 6 hours.

I’m impressed that you can make a growler last 6 hours!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

CNN not talking Texas at all. 

I just don't think anyone realistically thinks it's in play.  I still don't really either.  Obviously hope I'm wrong. But I did take the "under" Trump +5 bet for Texas for $500 against a Trump voting friend.  Surely we stay below that.  I'm guessing +2-3 for Trump.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

I just don't think anyone realistically thinks it's in play.  I still don't really either.  Obviously hope I'm wrong. But I did take the "under" Trump +5 bet for Texas for $500 against a Trump voting friend.  Surely we stay below that.  I'm guessing +2-3 for Trump.

You’d think the combo of polls and turnout would at least catch their interest. 

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Agreed and I believe that result is a bit disappointing for Texas Democrats as Trump would basically be winning by the same margin as Cruz. It also would indicate that the GOP voters/Trump support turned out huge.

18 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't get into politics much, can someone explain why is PA such a fucking shit show? Seems like there's gonna be a lot of controversy surrounding that particular state. 

1) it is competitive

2) it has 20 electoral votes

3) because of #1 and #2, party operatives with not the purest of intent, get in there as muss things up.

4) because of #1 and #2, it gets scrutinized more

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Also Texas closes after the east coast states that are getting all the attention. I'm guessing it will pick up later. 

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Except if the Democratic counties are counting and the Republican ones aren't it might do the opposite of that wouldn't it? 

Maybe. But it seems unlikely that they’ll get 350,000 ballots each processed and scanned in 12-16 hours in philly county and Allegheny County. 

Trump seems to be low energy in his televised talk to his team today. I assume that he's been told his chances are low. 

Re: CNN not talking Texas. They were playing up Texas the other night, and how it could surprise everyone as the focus is on the Midwest. I don't think we will hear much about Texas tonight until after 9.

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Agreed and I believe that result is a bit disappointing for Texas Democrats as Trump would basically be winning by the same margin as Cruz. It also would indicate that the GOP voters/Trump support turned out huge.

Cruz won by 2.6.  Even if you think there 1M more votes out there for Trump than there were in 2016, this turnout still favors Biden.