2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

We calling any states tonight? Or is this going to be a Thursday affair?

Off chances of a PA or GA call if it becomes exceedingly obvious where this is going.

AZ could be called. Maybe after the 8pm release if it’s underwhelming for Trump. Maybe after the later one if Biden shores it up then. Or AZ could’ve been a misread and going to Wisconsin territory. But the latter is pretty unlikely.

I have a wide range of friends on FB, that I don't usually unfriend.

Someone just compared the election/ recounts/ situation in general to the 2nd plane hitting the WTC, when we knew shit was real.

yeah, nobody's dead, and it is democracy actually occurring with a little more effort than usual required.  I am at a loss as to how that connection was ever made. Now we're just crying for shock value???

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We calling any states tonight? Or is this going to be a Thursday affair?

NV keeps going back and forth it seems on whether they can release data tonight. If they do, its possible it can be called tonight. AZ has been called by some, but they are going to release data twice later tonight, and CNN is the only one that hasn't called AZ yet. If CNN can call both, and others follow, it could be over tonight. PA and maybe GA would be tomorrow, and hopefully icing on the cake.

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Yup.  Outside chance AZ gets called very late tonight.  If the MAGA goons are assembling, having CNN or NYT call it as well could defuse some bullshit.

CNN seems to wait as long as possible to call anything. They might want this to drag out to at least Friday.  Fox and the AP seem to have the  itchy trigger finger.

On the lawsuits, it seems very few states have kind of dumb rules like Texas of requiring mail voters to allege a disability, but providing no means for establishing a disability or penalty for wrongfully claiming a disability and a mail ballot.

I'm not sure how far that would get with an election challenge, as I think you'd have to have substantial proof of misrepresented disabilities (i.e. thousands of voters admitting they weren't disabled when they voted by mail).

But maybe there are some things like that lurking in the Ga or Pa or Mi election codes.  Doesn't seem like Trumpco has found any yet, and the Pa GOP got skunked on everything they tried to bring up.

Fox has already called it. What more cover do they need?

The results coming from AZ in the earlier part of the evening will be relatively pro Trump because those votes were apparently pretty R . The outlets that haven’t called it probably want to make sure that doesn’t put him in a position to win. It probably won’t, but I see the logic.

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

On the lawsuits, it seems very few states have kind of dumb rules like Texas of requiring mail voters to allege a disability, but providing no means for establishing a disability or penalty for wrongfully claiming a disability and a mail ballot.

I'm not sure how far that would get with an election challenge, as I think you'd have to have substantial proof of misrepresented disabilities (i.e. thousands of voters admitting they weren't disabled when they voted by mail).

But maybe there are some things like that lurking in the Ga or Pa or Mi election codes.  Doesn't seem like Trumpco has found any yet, and the Pa GOP got skunked on everything they tried to bring up.

Shit, don't give them any ideas.  They're not the smartest clique in the country club.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

CNN seems to wait as long as possible to call anything. They might want this to drag out to at least Friday.  Fox and the AP seem to have the  itchy trigger finger.

I think this is the beginning of Fox distancing themselves from Trump. I think calling AZ earlier than everyone else was calculated so they can seem “fair and balanced” when the grownups takeover. 

I watched a little bit of Fox News today just to see what was being said and they were pretty cold on the shit spewing out of trumps mouth today, multiple pundits acknowledging they though he was taking the wrong tack.