The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

It is uncanny how much Stephen Miller looks like Joseph Goebbels after a head shave. 

also, real cool Trumpers...for him to expose the older parents of fallen soldiers to COVID when he knows he had it.  What do you call sacrificing the parents of the people who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country? 
a Trump Star Family?
 I’m sure they’ll get a box of Trump steaks and a hat for their trouble. 

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yup, I remember showing up to my first (and only) astronomy course as a wee freshman.  Being from the sticks, I guess I thought it would be like sitting in a planetarium for 3 hours a week.  So day 1 I'm sitting in Welch Hall excited about looking at stars and then we're neck deep in math.  I have a whole new level of respect for astronomists, and I know that's something I do not have the brain power to handle.

C'mon man.

2 hours ago, pantone159 said:

Thats because muons are not mesons, they are leptons instead.

whatever it takes, amirite?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Self paced astronomy was the way to go.  The only problem with that was you had to take 3 additional hours of the same science.  Which meant that spring I took The Search for Extraterrestrial Life.  Figured we’d watch E.T. a few times.  That shit was some horrid combination of biology, chemistry, and math.

That was exactly the combo that I took - self paced astronomy followed by ET. Weren't the toughest classes I ever took, but definitely not the blow off I was hoping for.

1 hour ago, shakahorn said:

A class at UT was harder than a class at OU?  NO WAI!!!

I too thought it would be an interesting, near blowoff class.  Mine was in RLM too as I recall.  Dropped it after day 1.

Bro, for such a brilliant UT grad, you'd think you'd get a joke.  A damn shame.  But you're not RoyalHorn, or VinceHorn...you're shakahorn.  Kind of makes sense, sadly.

Was hermanhorn taken, maybe go with mensahorn next time?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

astronomy of the bizarre for the win. took 301 and whatever course number the astronomy of the bizarre had. welch hall. daily texan crosswords. skipped class one day to go listen to jesse jackson speak on campus, mostly for the spectacle, and hey, skipping class. i always hated math, but there is something satisfying about astronomical physics math. for some reason, i was really good at that.

I think I was at that Jesse Jackson speech too.

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

This is like that scene in swingers,

“when are you gonna get tested, tomorrow?”

“Nah.   Tomorrow, then a day.”

”so two days?”

”if you wanna call it that.  But everybody in the White House is doing two days.  I think three days until testing is kinda money.”

except Swingers was funny and this guy is gonna directly kill a few hundred people with his lying. 

Just think, the guy that wrote Swingers went on to kick-start the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and is basically one of two people calling the shots over Star Wars these days.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Heavy on the bronzer. 

If that's what leadership looks and sounds like to some of you...I now realize...perhaps too late in life...I could have raised in army of idiots to go do my bidding.  I had no idea so many Longhorn graduates would be so easily befallen to such stupidity.  It's an infomercial you idiots, he's trying to sell you on something and you're gonna fall for it because he didn't bring Johnny Carino's takeout to your doctor's office one day to pitch the shit...he said it to you from a fake White House background.  

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Really though, why not just lie? They lie about everything else. "Last negative test? Well lets see... ah yes he had a negative test on the Tuesday of the debate, and then another one the following day. Then the positive test Thursday evening. Anything else I can do for you?".

Because the White House is full of leakers.  The best leakers.

I'm wondering if Kudrow was giving false information this morning, given what he said, and what the WH said later.

15 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I think I was at that Jesse Jackson speech too.

I was there, 1988.  I was going to UGL to return a book.  Heard a speaker, looked up, and Jesse was speaking maybe 20 feet away.  I stopped, because hey, he was running for president, oughta hear a speech.  Holy crap, he was an amazing speaker.  I got totally caught up in it.  I mean, I was damn near chanting "run Jesse run!".....as I cooled off over the next 20 minutes, I realized "wait....but I didn't actually agree with most of what he said...."  Was a good lesson on the power of good oratory.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Heavy on the bronzer. 

"Some people don't know how to define 'therapeutic.' I view it different -- it's a cure."

image.png.a1363255835421718ada3ae3c7a26640.png

"Hopefully this is going to be not just a therapeutic.  You're going to get better, you're going to get better fast."

Confused Larry David GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I was there, 1988.  I was going to UGL to return a book.  Heard a speaker, looked up, and Jesse was speaking maybe 20 feet away.  I stopped, because hey, he was running for president, oughta hear a speech.  Holy crap, he was an amazing speaker.  I got totally caught up in it.  I mean, I was damn near chanting "run Jesse run!".....as I cooled off over the next 20 minutes, I realized "wait....but I didn't actually agree with most of what he said...."  Was a good lesson on the power of good oratory.

yeah, the speech i saw was in 97, and it was the whole hopwood - ingraglia imbrolio.

University of Texas students and faculty members, along with state legislators, gathered at a mass rally on Tuesday to protest remarks by a longtime law professor who said blacks and Hispanics "are not academically competitive with whites" and belong to "a culture that seems not to encourage achievement."

The statements last week by Lino Graglia, 67, a professor of constitutional law already well known for his controversial stands against busing for integration and other issues, came at a critical time for the university.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1997-09-17-9709160748-story.html

you couldn't get away from it in the texan. every fucking day, it was the headline, then all the letters to the editor. it was a beating.

but i agree, he was fucking mesmerizing as a speaker. it was incredible. he just owned all of us there, and i was far more republican back then. 

Edited by hayden_horn

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Are we talking about that big section of astronomy that was entirely based on the Drake Equation?   Met in that big lecture hall in Welch?  I took it fall of ‘96 iirc. My first class at UT I think.  
Was a lot harder than I thought  it’d be.  

4 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Self paced astronomy was the way to go.  The only problem with that was you had to take 3 additional hours of the same science.  Which meant that spring I took The Search for Extraterrestrial Life.  Figured we’d watch E.T. a few times.  That shit was some horrid combination of biology, chemistry, and math.

Motherfucking AST309N.  I still have nightmares about that class.  It's the only class I got a D in.  

But boy, did I earn the hell out of that D.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

"They call these therapeutics.  To me they were not therapeutics, they just make me feel better. I think its a cure"

leo-decaprio-shoulder-shrug.gif

REGN-COV2 is the new HCQ. 

Thanks for your take. Given the source of Regeneron’s praises, I am curious to hear from more people.

Tangentially, the notion that the US military has plans in place for drug distribution is one I heard many years ago from a friend who was Texas’ environmental terrorism response chief (not certain about her actual title.) She was talking about door to door drug distribution, for anthrax or sarin, as examples, so getting an effective whatever-it’s-called to hospitals shouldn’t be an issue.

Let’s hope the stuff works without negative consequence. (No DT)

• Hook 'Em 1

the only C that i ever made in college was in Astronomy.  fucking mu mesons.  huge question on the final about it.  never studied it.  hardest class i took on the 40. 
astronomy talk not going away.
whipped my ass, but worth it. i took a couple more for fun, bc uppeelevel less maths

5 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Thanks for your take. Given the source of Regeneron’s praises, I am curious to hear from more people.

Just to be clear in case I was not with the HCQ reference, I am optimistic on this monoclonal antibody treatments.  But they are still experimental at this point. The new HCQ is reference to Trump once again getting way in front of the data, and hyping shit before we have the full picture.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

Is it a sign that we may be heading in the wrong direction when hanging out with our President in 2020 is about like hanging out in a gay bathhouse in 1987?

And to that point, HIV+ people have gone to jail for spreading the virus.  Could this not also be a crime for people to knowingly spread COVID? 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

And to that point, HIV+ people have gone to jail for spreading the virus.  Could this not also be a crime for people to knowingly spread COVID? 

Rules don’t apply to Trump because everyone with power to enforce those rules is complicit. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I was in school 07-11 and was told to stay the fuck away from Astronomy. So I took Geology, Q dropped it, and took two semesters of Physical Science with the Sorority girls and football players and life was good.

Rocks >>>> Stars

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes, I guess Hayden is younger than us.  It was a rank time on the west mall, with the shanty and Jim Bob Moffet and all.