Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

36 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He's a moron. He's the worst type of coach. He believes his little scheme or whatever it is he runs is the secret to success and it doesn't matter which player is in the system as long as the play is run correctly. It's a very arrogant coaching style that always fails.

Jonnu Smith getting goal line carries over Bijan. Never using Kyle Pitts. The guy is a fucking buffoon.

My first year playing tackle football was in 6th grade. City league stuff. The head coach would go into these bizarre tirades at practice about his "system" on offense. These were like 10 minute rants at 10-12 year olds in 5th and 6th grade. I remember just looking around at everyone on a knee while this fat, moustachioed lunatic yelled at the top of his voice above us with his whistle swinging violently around while he jumped in kids' faces.

The subject matter? Each of his plays was designed to go for 6. Each and every one of his beautifully designed plays should be a touchdown play if the fucking idiots on the field could execute on it. I always think about those moments when I read or hear stories of coaches with their beautiful systems being player agnostic. All of them are full of shit. 

That dude's day job was a backhoe driver for a construction crew. We scored once that entire season on a toss sweep that I took to the house for 80 yards after getting hit in the backfield. We went 0-6 and the closest loss was 24-0. 

Hell, Arthur Smith is the spitting image of that imbecile. As a general rule, if you're not a fictional soccer coach, a coach with a moustache cannot be trusted to be successful. Of course there are exceptions, but a good rule nonetheless.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My first year playing tackle football was in 6th grade. City league stuff. The head coach would go into these bizarre tirades at practice about his "system" on offense. These were like 10 minute rants at 10-12 year olds in 5th and 6th grade. I remember just looking around at everyone on a knee while this fat, moustachioed lunatic yelled at the top of his voice above us with his whistle swinging violently around while he jumped in kids' faces.

The subject matter? Each of his plays was designed to go for 6. Each and every one of his beautifully designed plays should be a touchdown play if the fucking idiots on the field could execute on it. I always think about those moments when I read or hear stories of coaches with their beautiful systems being player agnostic. All of them are full of shit. 

That dude's day job was a backhoe driver for a construction crew. We scored once that entire season on a toss sweep that I took to the house for 80 yards after getting hit in the backfield. We went 0-6 and the closest loss was 24-0. 

Hell, Arthur Smith is the spitting image of that imbecile. As a general rule, if you're not a fictional soccer coach, a coach with a moustache cannot be trusted to be successful. Of course there are exceptions, but a good rule nonetheless.

The way he talks in the press conferences is how you can tell he's a fucking garbage idiot. He's just so condescending. He has this attitude of "i'm sorry your little fantasy team didn't do well this week because i kept my best players off the field, but you just aren't a big enough genius to get what it takes to win in REAL football".

The way to win at real football is to always play your best players. What an absolute clown. I have no idea how such stupid people get such high paying coaching gigs.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

I kind of get where smith is coming from. I was a fucking weapon on the mound in baseball in high school. Could yell out what pitch was coming and still strikeout any kid in the district. Was I more valuable being the #1 starter, allowing the other team to set their lineup accordingly? Or was I more valuable as a wildcard on the bench, tossing mop up innings and coming in as a pinch runner late in 7-1 games? 

• Haha 4

That reminds me of the time I was playing church league basketball around the age of 5. We had a guy that could shoot lights out (relative to the rest of us.) And this motherfucking fraud of a coach demands that we "share the ball" and get "everyone involved." Couldn't believe it as we watched our lead to St. Luke's slowly dwindle. Ended up losing 6-4. To this day I want to find that guy and ask him if he still thinks that was the right play

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"I SCORED ONE TOUCHDOWN IN ONE GAME"

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That man's name was Mark Mangino.

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjvJHPhcApLXI

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I kind of get where smith is coming from. I was a fucking weapon on the mound in baseball in high school. Could yell out what pitch was coming and still strikeout any kid in the district. Was I more valuable being the #1 starter, allowing the other team to set their lineup accordingly? Or was I more valuable as a wildcard on the bench, tossing mop up innings and coming in as a pinch runner late in 7-1 games? 

What did the Yankees say?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

The way he talks in the press conferences is how you can tell he's a fucking garbage idiot. He's just so condescending. He has this attitude of "i'm sorry your little fantasy team didn't do well this week because i kept my best players off the field, but you just aren't a big enough genius to get what it takes to win in REAL football".

The way to win at real football is to always play your best players. What an absolute clown. I have no idea how such stupid people get such high paying coaching gigs.

Dusty Baker says he's not so sure about that.  Playing your best players is dumb. It's the intangibles you want in a player. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

He's Jimbo's a moron. He's Jimbo's the worst type of coach. He Jimbo believes his little scheme or whatever it is he runs is the secret to success and it doesn't matter which player is in the system as long as the play is run correctly. It's Jimbo has a very arrogant coaching style that always fails.

Jonnu Smith getting goal line carries over Bijan. Never using Kyle Pitts. The guy is a fucking buffoon.

FIFY

Edited by T-shirt Sip

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Amazon Nfl GIF by All or Nothing

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

Here's a stat for ya'll.  It sounds so dumb that it couldn't possibly be true, but it is.

Bijan has one.  ONE carry in the redzone this season.

He's currently averaging 5 YPC.  He has 13 less carries than the other RB who is averaging 3.2 YPC.  

Art Smith might be the dumbest HC in the NFL.  His team has the easiest SOS in the entire league.  Half the games they have played this year have been against 1st year QBs or backups.  They're currently below .500 with almost the worst offense in the league.  

Fire this clown and go hire Brett Bieniemy.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Here's a stat for ya'll.  It sounds so dumb that it couldn't possibly be true, but it is.

He's currently averaging 5 YPC.  He has 13 less carries than the other RB who is averaging 3.2 YPC.  

Art Smith might be the dumbest HC in the NFL.  His team has the easiest SOS in the entire league.  Half the games they have played this year have been against 1st year QBs or backups.  They're currently below .500 with almost the worst offense in the league.  

Brett Bienemy sounds like a San Diego news anchor turned realtor specializing in selling off properties being split in high dollar divorces. 

7 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Katfid to the courtesy phone.  Katfid to the courtesy phone, please.

wait did you accidently combine Eric Bienemy and Brett Bielema?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Are you trying to tell me that 10-yard minimum won't work?  

That reminds me of the time I was playing church league basketball around the age of 5. We had a guy that could shoot lights out (relative to the rest of us.) And this motherfucking fraud of a coach demands that we "share the ball" and get "everyone involved." Couldn't believe it as we watched our lead to St. Luke's slowly dwindle. Ended up losing 6-4. To this day I want to find that guy and ask him if he still thinks that was the right play

Attended a Bob Weltlich basketball camp. We had scrimmages. No shooting until 5 passes were made. It didn’t matter if you were all alone under the basket in 2 passes. It has stuck with me.

I’m not sure what I learned. Maybe someone here can tell me?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Attended a Bob Weltlich basketball camp. We had scrimmages. No shooting until 5 passes were made. It didn’t matter if you were all alone under the basket in 2 passes. It has stuck with me.

edging?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Maybe that you are really old?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Bob Weltlich is a moron?

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

One of my best friends growing up scored 4 touchdowns in one game against Pearland our senior year. It really was, sadly, the high point of his life. He's in prison last time I checked. Probably telling everybody about that game, though.

Im Just glad that the WiFi in Huntsville is good enough that @SydneyCarton can continue to post

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Played a couple of pickup games with Bob when he was coaching the Spurs. He said “passing the ball to you is like an automatic assist”. Bob was a good dude.

Look at it another way. My concern going to Arthur Smith was that Bijan was going to get Earl Campbelled, win games, and cut his own throat.

Instead we have smith being a complete moron who might get fired this year and surely after next. Every low use game keeps mileage off the tires and gets him closer to a second contract with less risk of injury. Thanks Art!

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Arizona is 26th in rushing defense.  Bijan may find there's not much resistance on Sunday when he runs, when Smith allows him to touch the ball. 

Bijan won’t get to touch the ball because Allgeier will be having such a great game.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Arizona is 26th in rushing defense.  Bijan may find there's not much resistance on Sunday when he runs, when Smith allows him to touch the ball. 

Yeah…. I am going to have a pretty good Bijan share in DFS.  Contrarian play, AZ defense sucks, and he’s playing in his hometown.  

So rush attempts for RBs in the NFL.  Here's how the top guys shake out percentage wise on the amount of carries they get.

J Jacobs: 74%
J Mixon: 74%
D Henry: 67%
K Walker: 67%
T Etienne: 64%
A Mattison: 62%
Brian Robinson 60%
C McCaffrey: 56%
R White: 56%
I Pacheco: 55%
B Hall: 53%
T Pollard: 52%
N Harris: 52%
R Stevenson: 51%
Z Moss: 51%
R Mostert: 48%
J Cook: 47%
D Swift: 47%

Bijan: 38%

And Bijan has a higher YPC (5.0) than all of them except for Mostert and Hall.  Some real big-brain shit by Art Smith.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

At what point does ownership get involved in this issue? Fans aren’t showing up on Sunday to watch Jonnu Smith jet sweeps and to buy a Tyler Allgeier jersey. I know Blank is a “hands off” type of owner but this issue has pretty much gone viral and turned the Falcons into a laughingstock.

ATL has been a laughingstock since they fired Dan Reeves. Shit, really most of their history has been a shitshow.