Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That kind of institutional racism problem is far too blatant for CRT.  Where CRT finds racism is often where you don't expect it and there's no historical reference to racism.  And that leads to CRTs most controversial tenet:  any system or institution founded or erected by white people is biased against people of other races, inherently.

Of course, no one is teaching that outside of universities and books hardly anyone reads.

Besides, fuck all that economic shit.  It was the "Negro district" for God's sake.  It was the only place they could legally live until the 50s or 60s, and practically for a good bit after.

If whites could only read that controversial tenet as … any system or institution founded or erected by a society’s dominant group is biased in favor of that group and against other groups, inherently.  It not that we’re whites, it that we are the dominant group.  

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

FL’s leadership is beyond dumb 

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nah, it's their target audience that is dumb and the leadership is just shaping their messages for them.

0fc.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=fb4b5c4edee7267c2

Occam's Razor mang. DeSantis is constantly doing stupid shit, because DeSantis is actually stupid.

He's the governor of Florida, because the voting majority of Floridians is both stupid and cruel. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Well it's f'ing stupid to begin with and nothing more than another salvo in his failed "War on Woke". Bud Light didn't do anything malicious and certainly didn't purposefully do something to destroy their company. This isn't Enron. This is all about not realizing your customers are just pieces of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Shouldn’t corporations be able to run their business any way they want to?  Free market economy and all that?  I’m confuddled.

They apparently should be made to run their corporations as they are told by the government. 

You know, freedom. 

• Rage+1 2

Hey @Poe It Up, how should a president Desantis police advertising campaigns on a federal level? Are you in support of a new federal agency that could review companies' material before being published? Or should the president just have unilateral authority to punish companies when their speech offends the position?

Curious to get some thoughts from an anti- first amendment perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Hey @Poe It Up, how should a president Desantis police advertising campaigns on a federal level? Are you in support of a new federal agency that could review companies' material before being published? Or should the president just have unilateral authority to punish companies when their speech offends the position?

Christian Bale Idk GIF

• Fuck You 13

Just read about the whole Ron wanting to sue InBev now for pension losses that he caused...nearly at a loss for words at how blindingly regarded things have gotten, if I was someone who was paid into this Florida Pension fund and read this I would be sending this gif to the governors office every hour on the hour till Ron is gone:

Serious Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

Wait, how do you sue InBev proper for losses to their pension fund?  Are they not funding the matching component they legally promised their employees?  I'm confused?  If it's because the values of the portfolio are down, that's not on InBev.  That's on their OCIO, pension/endowment managers, and/or some other external fiduciary.  A company that size almost never actively manages their own internal pension plan.  For this exact reason, you need guardrails to keep employer investment committees from steering too much of the pension corpus into company stock to artificially inflate it or veering too far from the investment thesis/policy due to insider knowledge of the industry/competition.  If that's the case here, then I fully support Ron "Puddin' on the Ritz" DeSantis in suing InBev.  But if their OCIO/manager/fiduciary just took a bit of a hit on Alpha last quarter or veered a bit outside a couple of allocation sleeves to overcorrect, that happens to every pension every single year.  That's not grounds for government action.

They're not gonna sue.  They're gonna make a lot of political donations.  It's not a coincidence that Biden has already raised so much money.  The Republicans have gotten to the point where they're bad for large swathes of Wall Street.

Edited by kevwun

Hey [mention=5194]Poe It Up[/mention], how should a president Desantis police advertising campaigns on a federal level? Are you in support of a new federal agency that could review companies' material before being published? Or should the president just have unilateral authority to punish companies when their speech offends the position?
No one wants to hear what piece of shit Poe thinks. Do us all a favor and keep his handle out of your posts.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So they could parlay being a blacksmith into something later in life?

These dipshits do realize that the vast majority of all slaves in the United States died as slaves?  I mean, this is gonna sound woefully insensitive...but if they were trained on machinery or a trade (blacksmith, wagon builder, tannery, textile mass manufacturing, etc.) and then freed after 20 years to ply their trade as free people, obviously that's still wrong, but it would I guess make for a paragraph or two in history books.  But that wasn't the case Puddin Pops...they were born into it or brought here in their youth, they were worked to the bone, and then died in their 50's never having known freedom.  

In 1865, after the Emancipation, there were an estimated 4mm slaves in the defeated Confederacy (which included modern-day Florida).  You'd think statistically speaking, out of those 4 million, at least a few thousand could read and write.  And of those, at least a dozen or so would have sat down to record their memoirs to paper about how they learned valuable work skills that they looked forward to carrying over into life as a free man.  I guess those robust tales of gratitude are lost to time.  Probably thrown out from public libraries to make room for CRT and Queer grooming books, no doubt!  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I am LOVING this “let’s teach a balanced approach” for abominations like slavery. I mean, sure, the people were enslaved, beaten, and regularly raped, but ALSO, the master provided them food and shelter FREE OF CHARGE, and some of them even learned skills that could have been useful if they happened to be alive when emancipation finally happened. So, I think a “thank you” is in order!
Also, stay tuned on our chapter on the Final Solution, where we discuss that, before exterminating Jews, the nazis sometimes provided them delicious bowls of protein-supplemented (insects, yum!) gruel, and even GAVE THE JEWS HONEST JOBS [assembling munitions]! So, we expect a “thank you” from the Jews to the Nazis next!
Why in the blue fuck have we elevated literally the worst human beings alive to leadership in this country? What the fuck is wrong with us?
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t that the plot of Johnny tremaine, but he’s a silversmith and white?

When Johnny’s fingers got all fused together in that molten metal injury, he refused to use socialized medicine to fix it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

These dipshits do realize that the vast majority of all slaves in the United States died as slaves?  I mean, this is gonna sound woefully insensitive...but if they were trained on machinery or a trade (blacksmith, wagon builder, tannery, textile mass manufacturing, etc.) and then freed after 20 years to ply their trade as free people, obviously that's still wrong, but it would I guess make for a paragraph or two in history books.  But that wasn't the case Puddin Pops...they were born into it or brought here in their youth, they were worked to the bone, and then died in their 50's never having known freedom.  

In 1865, after the Emancipation, there were an estimated 4mm slaves in the defeated Confederacy (which included modern-day Florida).  You'd think statistically speaking, out of those 4 million, at least a few thousand could read and write.  And of those, at least a dozen or so would have sat down to record their memoirs to paper about how they learned valuable work skills that they looked forward to carrying over into life as a free man.  I guess those robust tales of gratitude are lost to time.  Probably thrown out from public libraries to make room for CRT and Queer grooming books, no doubt!  

We're getting to this point in the timeline ...

317f8679-ed63-4048-a77a-5686272f268f_tex

According to Meatball Ron and his ilk, slaves had it pretty good when you really get down to it!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

There's a Cougar High site I discovered a while back that says something like 40 slaves died in Africa or on the passage over for every 100 who made it here.  I just looked up the total # of slaves imprisoned in the United States is estimated at 10 million.  3.5 million were emancipated.  What about those other 6.5 million who died, Ron, not to mention the 4 million or so who didn't even make the whole trip over?

Fucking ghoul.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But in America, they had food to eat. Didn’t have to run through the jungle and scuff up their feet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am LOVING this “let’s teach a balanced approach” for abominations like slavery. I mean, sure, the people were enslaved, beaten, and regularly raped, but ALSO, the master provided them food and shelter FREE OF CHARGE, and some of them even learned skills that could have been useful if they happened to be alive when emancipation finally happened. So, I think a “thank you” is in order!
Also, stay tuned on our chapter on the Final Solution, where we discuss that, before exterminating Jews, the nazis sometimes provided them delicious bowls of protein-supplemented (insects, yum!) gruel, and even GAVE THE JEWS HONEST JOBS [assembling munitions]! So, we expect a “thank you” from the Jews to the Nazis next!
Why in the blue fuck have we elevated literally the worst human beings alive to leadership in this country? What the fuck is wrong with us?

How long until they start figuring there should be reparations for all that training those fine white families bestowed on those base slaves?

Personally, I tend to value a person's grace and courage under hardship and persecution far more than I value the material wealth someone has.  And it always seems to ring true that one that has an excess of the latter came by it on the backs of those in the former class.    

We went to the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis a few weeks back. The first exhibit (while you’re waiting for the intro film) is about the history of the slave trade. It has life-size sculpted figures huddled in chains and recorded sounds of cries of agony. It left me shook - and Desantis should be forced to sit in there for a while and take it in. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

We went to the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis a few weeks back. The first exhibit (while you’re waiting for the intro film) is about the history of the slave trade. It has life-size sculpted figures huddled in chains and recorded sounds of cries of agony. It left me shook - and Desantis should be forced to sit in there for a while and take it in. 

Well yea but do you have any idea how much a voice actor who can realistically cry in agony can make in Hollywood??  That is a very valuable skill!

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Life Hacks from Auschwitz

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1