A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

34 minutes ago, texasdago said:

The various videos out of yesterday's rally... dude is losing it and it is picking up steam.

This election may come down to which candidate is better able to refrain from public appearances.

I know who my money will be on in that scenario.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Red Five said:

My favorite part of the "inject bleach" deal was that it wasn't something random that popped up in his head, or it wasn't that he just had a brain fart and misspoke. No, that was something he was going around saying to people. And he kept being told "Dude, no. That's not a thing. Stop it." And then he tried again in a nationally televised press conference. 

Have no idea what I’m to do with the 4 55 gallon drums of bleach I bought due to that rascal. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This election may come down to which candidate is better able to refrain from public appearances.

I know who my money will be on in that scenario.

I really hate to both sides this, but I saw a brief clip from one of the 2020 debates the other day. Biden has aged a lot since then and I hadn't really realized it. Trump could say absolute batshit crazy things in a debate and come away the "winner", just because Biden looks 100 years old. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I really hate to both sides this, but I saw a brief clip from one of the 2020 debates the other day. Biden has aged a lot since then and I hadn't really realized it. 

It's an absolutely valid point.  His brain still seems to be working fine, but he certainly APPEARS old as fuck.

And for all the "BUT HILLARY" takes we got in 2016, the Republicans are going to nominate the one human being on earth who might negate the biggest negative against Biden.

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's an absolutely valid point.  His brain still seems to be working fine, but he certainly APPEARS old as fuck.

And for all the "BUT HILLARY" takes we got in 2016, the Republicans are going to nominate the one human being on earth who might negate the biggest negative against Biden.

I think I would make Haley an odds on favorite to beat Biden. Too bad the GQP is the party of Trump. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

My favorite part of the "inject bleach" deal was that it wasn't something random that popped up in his head, or it wasn't that he just had a brain fart and misspoke. No, that was something he was going around saying to people. And he kept being told "Dude, no. That's not a thing. Stop it." And then he tried again in a nationally televised press conference. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

An intelligent person wouldn’t call themselves a very stable genius. An intelligent person wouldn’t block access to their college transcripts. An intelligent person wouldn’t look at the sun during an eclipse. An intelligent person wouldn’t wonder if injecting disinfectant into the body might be a good way to fight off a viral infection. An intelligent person wouldn’t think that windmills cause cancer and kill whales.

And so forth. 

image.png.ddcc1442a83a9d13085e56823b922bf2.png

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I really hate to both sides this, but I saw a brief clip from one of the 2020 debates the other day. Biden has aged a lot since then and I hadn't really realized it. Trump could say absolute batshit crazy things in a debate and come away the "winner", just because Biden looks 100 years old. 

It's incredible how much being President ages you. Even Obama, who is probably the fittest President we've had in my lifetime, aged a ton over eight years. So when you start from a baseline of 78, you're going to look really damn old after 4 years in the grinder.

9 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

If Biden were under 65, we’d be talking about him as one of the best presidents since FDR.  Instead, we are whiteknuckling it hoping he doesn’t die before he can outrun a person hellbent on destroying our democracy to install a racist dictatorship.

talking-heads-once-in-a-lifetime.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ten Bears said:

Also, Bolton said he didn't know Great Britain had nukes.

Bolton spoke in Austin a few years back and explained this story about how Trump didn't believe the team when they were telling him about the UK's nuclear arsenal.  And then they went on talking about Pakistan/India and so forth.  And Trump moved on from the disbelief.  And this is nothing remotely classified, but Trump grabs Bolton in the hallway and asks him if it's really true that Europe has nuclear weapons.  And Bolton verifies the UK amount and then is about to explain to Trump that France has even more, but that judging by the look of confusion on Trump's face-he decides not to because he felt it would only make matters worse.  So a week later he had some sheet on it all inserted discretely into Trump's PDB.  Which, of course, he never read---but gave Bolton some reprieve.  

There is simply no way to measure the gravity of information that a President must carry with them at all times.  But there are two things I know to be true:

1.  Know what the fuck is going on with nuclear weapons.  Who has them, who doesn't have them, when to use them in a hurricane.  Know when to not use them during a typhoon.  They are serious things, get your arms around the topic.

2.  Acknowledge when you don't know something.  Lie when you have to, cover your ass, embellish, blame even.  But for fuck's sake...don't walk around so goddamn proud all the time that you're above briefings and experts and lifelong agents because you were on Fox & Friends earlier that morning.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I believe Trump had a decent IQ ,but is very ignorant of a great many things even going back to the 80’s. In the Roy Cohn doc and from his biographer, he was portrayed as an empty suit who bullshitted and bullied his way thru business, but had limited attention span and no interest in reading.

His current intelligence is now deteriorated and he relies upon past phrases and word salads his way. He can turn a phrase still, and his instinct and savagery are in tact.

That the GOP has successfully pushed two incurious men into office, gravytraining on their way there based on their last name, is more reason to relegate the GOP as a viable party in our system of democracy.

Presidents since FDR.

Truman - finished off the Axis.

Eisenhower - 

JFK - Moonshot

LBJ - Civil Rights bonanza

Nixon - 

Ford

Carter

Reagan - Showed commies we had infinite budget

Bush - End cold war without chaos

Clinton - Prosperity computer boom

GWB

Obama - Obamacare, DACA

Trump.

My guess is if Biden is done, he will be remembered about like Ford.  Just a dude that was there for a few years.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

It will work to get people to stop worrying about the hurricane.

Stupid libs.

Well....

Actually, the hurricane would be even more worrisome, because the weapon wouldn't disperse the hurricane, it would just add radioactive fallout to it.  So now, instead of a normal hurricane, you'd have a radioactive hurricane spewing fallout.  

So there's that.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

the big lebowski dude GIF

I got nothing against Joe Biden. I think he's done a good job. Voted for him once and I'll damn sure vote for him again. But it's hard for me to see his decision to run again and not step aside as a damn near unforgivable act of pure ego.

17 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Presidents since FDR.

Eisenhower - 

JFK - Moonshot

Nixon - 

Ford

Carter

GWB

Obama - Obamacare, DACA

Trump.

My guess is if Biden is done, he will be remembered about like Ford.  Just a dude that was there for a few years.

I'm not sure if you're a troll or just highly uninformed.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

the big lebowski dude GIF

I got nothing against Joe Biden. I think he's done a good job. Voted for him once and I'll damn sure vote for him again. But it's hard for me to see his decision to run again and not step aside as a damn near unforgivable act of pure ego.

i complain to my wife about the short bench all the time.  who is going to step in?  i say "someone graduates 1st and 2nd from every college in the u.s. every year.  WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE?"  i honestly think that it is partially that we are victims of our own success.  because we are in this hyper rich period for the top 1%, if you're the cream of the crop, it is hard to say no to the private life.

Just now, Longhornfan1024 said:

I'm not sure if you're a troll or just highly uninformed.  

the latter.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Well the problem is, no one ever told him "Dude, no. That's not a thing. Stop it."  Because the folks around him are all grifters who tell him what he wants to hear.

22 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Presidents since FDR.

Eisenhower - 

JFK - Moonshot

Nixon - 

Ford

Carter

GWB

Obama - Obamacare, DACA

Trump.

Uh, no.  You obviously haven't been paying close attention.

Biden will be known as the guy who saved democracy and retooled our economy for the decarbonization revolution (and saved the world from a climate catastrophe).  

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I got nothing against Joe Biden. I think he's done a good job. Voted for him once and I'll damn sure vote for him again. But it's hard for me to see his decision to run again and not step aside as a damn near unforgivable act of pure ego. to understand that being the incumbent president is the greatest homefield advantage in politics.

Trump was an aggressively stupid and destructive president and lost by what, 40,000 votes in 3 swing states?

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

I believe Trump had a decent IQ ,but is very ignorant of a great many things even going back to the 80’s. In the Roy Cohn doc and from his biographer, he was portrayed as an empty suit who bullshitted and bullied his way thru business, but had limited attention span and no interest in reading.

Bored Paul Rudd GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

It's up to us all to annoy the fuck outta everyone in our social media circle with every fascist half-fart Trump has in between now and election day. 

Doing My Part Reaction GIF

33863991_0.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Uh, no.  You obviously haven't been paying close attention.

Biden will be known as the guy who saved democracy and retooled our economy for the decarbonization revolution (and saved the world from a climate catastrophe).  

Trump was an aggressively stupid and destructive president and lost by what, 40,000 votes in 3 swing states?

This. You don’t fucking give up incumbency. It’s so fucking powerful, especially at the presidential level. That’s why only 3 incumbents have lost since the  1980 election. LBJ did it and the Dems got smoked by Nixon  

Biden ran again bc not doing so would make Trump winning much more likely 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

LoL At listing LBJ and JFK without mentioning Vietnam and listing Reagan without mentioning trickledown or embracing evangelicals.  Theres arguments for Ike, LBJ, and Clinton as better than Biden but everyone else is laughable.

Biden did:

Passed a huge infrastructure package in a severely challenging political climate that ensured the US will remain the premier world power for the remainder of the 21st century.

Navigated Russia losing a ground war that didn’t jeopardize American lives while refurbishing/refreshing the entire arsenal of our military and testing our capabilities without actually having to engage.  Reinvigorated NATO after it was sabotaged by Trump.

Navigated disengaging from China as the consequences of their demographic collapse emerge.

All-time low unemployment and steady GDP growth despite dramatically rising interest rates that were a necessity to tame inflation he inherited.

Made significant (albeit insufficient) progress on policy to address climate change.

He didn’t make progress on healthcare or the border.  He did virtually nothing to address fentanyl and mass shootings.  But it is hard for me to see more net gains in any other recent president’s first term, especially considering the political climate.

You’re lol’ing the suggestion that Biden might not be in front of multiple presidents that are consistently viewed in the top 10, so much so that someone opining so is laughable — either trolling and or extremely misinformed. 

No one that thinks about these things thinks this stuff.  All the profs and historians that pitch in on Siena say #19 so far.  Sure, sounds right.  He’s done fine. 

https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/draft-final.pdf

If I thought you actually thought he was borderline-Mount Rushmore, I’d tell you you’re in the mirror image of the cult of personality that’s on the other side. But no one actually thinks this; it’s just message board cheerleading. (It’s tough sledding to claim best-President-in-four-generations leading off with the embarrassing hyperbole that “passing an infrastructure bill” will “ensure US is the premier world power throughout this century”).

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Presidents since FDR.

Eisenhower - 

JFK - Moonshot

Nixon - 

Ford

Carter

GWB

Obama - Obamacare, DACA

Trump.

Obama - shale and frac’n boom. Ended trade restrictions on us oil. Greatest o/g president 

Biden - 2nd greatest o/g president. Pump baby Pump

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Ford enabled a lot of the consequence-free attitude you see hardwired into Trump today.

“He’s [Gerald Ford] a nice guy but he played too much football with his helmet off.”

Lyndon B. Johnson

49 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

You’re lol’ing the suggestion that Biden might not be in front of multiple presidents that are consistently viewed in the top 10, so much so that someone opining so is laughable — either trolling and or extremely misinformed. 

No one that thinks about these things thinks this stuff.  All the profs and historians that pitch in on Siena say #19 so far.  Sure, sounds right.  He’s done fine. 

https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/draft-final.pdf

If I thought you actually thought he was borderline-Mount Rushmore, I’d tell you you’re in the mirror image of the cult of personality that’s on the other side. But no one actually thinks this; it’s just message board cheerleading. (It’s tough sledding to claim best-President-in-four-generations leading off with the embarrassing hyperbole that “passing an infrastructure bill” will “ensure US is the premier world power throughout this century”).

So what's your point, exactly?  

Edited by Bullneck

55 minutes ago, Covri said:

I actually saw how this happened

Hide contents

image.gif.ff307cf8478adb17a96d7682357301a8.gif

The few that I know who still watch this stuff, I love to pass this little gif their way when it comes up.  I'm like "this is what you enjoy, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I applaud you for being open about it, although I'm not sure you should expose your children to this stuff!"

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The few that I know who still watch this stuff, I love to pass this little gif their way when it comes up.  I'm like "this is what you enjoy, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I applaud you for being open about it, although I'm not sure you should expose your children to this stuff!"

Counterpoint. Torri Wilson also did the Stinkface.

Spoiler

2syxr3.gif.78a771314f32cbe0b77ea82450e06cf5.gif

Spoiler

torrie-wilson-stink-face.gif

• Drool 2