A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

53 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And if you want evidence of gamesmanship negatively affecting outcomes, the better examples are prosecutorial and police misconduct. 

I totally agree, but an image of some poor brown dude that got railroaded into a wrongful conviction wouldn't draw recognition like the ones I posted.  I just found it amusing that you would ask such an obvious question especially considering your response shows you knew the answer already.

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I totally agree, but an image of some poor brown dude that got railroaded into a wrongful conviction wouldn't draw recognition like the ones I posted.  I just found it amusing that you would ask such an obvious question especially considering your response shows you knew the answer already.

I didn't ask a question, I made an observation. 

The problem is that even the best intentioned lawyers are or get competitive in a trial scenario.  Again, that's intended to benefit "the system," but on occasion it goes overboard and things get fucky because of it. 

The example here is jury selection, where the ostensible goal is to keep the biased off the jury. But the line between that and putting people biased in your favor is thin, maybe imperceptible. But if keeping biased people off the jury is "right," then intentionally putting people biased in your favor is "wrong."

And as has been pointed out repeatedly, the odd situational ethics of law dogging may even actually require that attempt. Does anyone here not want Trump-opposed jurors on this case? Didn't think so. 

The one limiting factor that maybe avoids some of the problem is that people are incomprehensible, so you may not be doing what you think you are. 

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Is your question the human motivation for the practice or are you trying to discern the utility of the practice?

On 4/19/2024 at 1:14 PM, safe sex said:

My opinion remains unchanged.

Is there an actual purpose other than increasing personal wealth?

Accumulate currency, unlock pussy

• Hook 'Em 2

So I am reading articles saying Trump is angered/pissed that the judge is rushing the hush money trial; given enough time I think Trump would admit he needs more time to prepare & to pay hush money to potential witnesses. 
The theatrics are amazing....but not surprising 

? - is Trump really wanting to go to trial on Federal charges, maybe plead down to some lesser charges or plead nolo contendre, all while believing will be able to pardon himself when he is sworn in again as Prez?

Edited by Wally Fairway

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

100%’ he’s getting off on this. No way in hell are 12 People going to agree

The only redeeming drama will be watching trump get raked over the coals 

I actually sort of agree/disagree. Like noted up thread about 5 pages back, the penalties are toothless. I think he will be convicted but no jail time or anything actually severe will happen. Essentially a big nothing burger since he won't yet suffer any real consequences.

4 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Essentially a big nothing burger since he won't yet suffer any real consequences.

If you believe the polls, a certain slice of the electorate is feeling wistful about economic conditions before Covid and crediting those to Trump.  

Every day that Great Leader’s in court and on the raw end of embarrassing testimony is another step toward reminding them just how tiring it is to have the news cycle revolve around Trump.  That’s a real consequence and has far more civic value than a fine and a class E felony conviction.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Essentially a big nothing burger since he won't yet suffer any real consequences.

I never realized in a criminal case the defendant has to be physically present all day every day. 6-8 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week over how many trials? Last week already had him nodding off multiple days. I expect it to take a tremendous toll on him physically, not to mention the mental stress of not being able to do as he pleases at all times. If he has to beg off from being present due to illness he is done imo

Cultists can forgive just about anything from their leader except physical weakness. Gods don’t wear down 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do not threaten this if you can’t guarantee it

In the Spring of 2020, I said Trump would get a serious case of Covid-19 in October on this very site (under a different handle).  He did but survived.

Like Capt. Tupolev.  The simulation will not make the same mistake twice. 

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

In person grifting interrupted by Mother Nature.

image.thumb.png.adb5f404f19c7c305fde80106dd274e6.png

"I'd keep rallying, your Excellency.  I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for another couple of hours."

-You're right young fella.  Besides being sent by the Good Lord himself, he'd never interrupt the greatest rally of my life.  AHHHHHHHH!  Oh, Court Farts!"  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m not as pessimistic as y'all but either way him having to sit there while 2 of his mistresses, Cohen and Hope Hicks talk shit about him will be glorious. 

I pray to God that Stormy, Hope and the other one testify that he has a 1.5" dick.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Funny how people that see signs from god all over the place don’t see a rained out Trump event as one. 

I was hoping for a lightning bolt to wipe out the entire crowd. They were all there, in one place, just waiting to be spoken to by god himself.

Fucker.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I never realized in a criminal case the defendant has to be physically present all day every day. 6-8 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week over how many trials? Last week already had him nodding off multiple days. I expect it to take a tremendous toll on him physically, not to mention the mental stress of not being able to do as he pleases at all times. If he has to beg off from being present due to illness he is done imo

Cultists can forgive just about anything from their leader except physical weakness. Gods don’t wear down 

Yeah and even in a civil case, where it is not required, it is highly advisable to show the jury your level of commitment by attending. 

You cannot underestimate the stress of a trial, any trial, but especially a criminal trial. 

You can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride is a serious truism. Even for a psycho like Trump. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I was hoping for a lightning bolt to wipe out the entire crowd. They were all there, in one place, just waiting to be spoken to by god himself.

Fucker.

He’s been pretty hands off with direct interaction for a good while now. 

• Like 2

One of the jurors gets their news from Truth Social. He ain’t getting convicted 

This.
All it takes is one Trump fanatic immune to evidence. And anyone who gets their news from Truth meets that description. Done deal.
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m now convinced the strategy was never to get this case to stick, just have enough to get this far and trump intimidate a witness or temper with a witness or something like that and get busted for that rather than this case. Crazy he played right into their trap. 

41 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You wonder if any of the right-leaning jurors in this trial and Trump's upcoming ones are keenly aware of the instant stardom and potential financial benefits they'd receive from right wing media for being "the hung juror".

Trial news won’t be filtered through truth or newsmax for the juror, they will see what people are saying.  Makes it tougher to do the wrong thing, if the right thing is obvious and they have 11 people applying pressure.  

and of course we have to hope and believe that a juror that would not convict under any circumstances would be weeded out by the prosecution with one of their unlimited strikes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You wonder if any of the right-leaning jurors in this trial and Trump's upcoming ones are keenly aware of the instant stardom and potential financial benefits they'd receive from right wing media for being "the hung juror".

That was going to be the name of my erotic John Grisham fan fic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Then again, this person is probably not a rational thinker and is gullible.  Remove them from their cult info source and they may be  easily swayed to believe anything those around them are thinking.  Sheep are going to sheep.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, immamac said:

I’m now convinced the strategy was never to get this case to stick, just have enough to get this far and trump intimidate a witness or temper with a witness or something like that and get busted for that rather than this case. Crazy he played right into their trap. 

Yep.  Run him ragged and force a cornered rat to get so paranoid he slips up and intimidates a juror directly, or indirectly through his acolytes.  

Jury duty lists are about as difficult to hack as a 'Hooked on Phonics' software game.  Once their names are posted on Truth Social by an outside party, it will look like Trump or one of his followers posted it and the jury is legally "tampered/compromised."  Even if he doesn't order it directly, it can easily be done by an outside party and pinned to him legally.  It completely fits with his behavioral pattern and ego.  Good news, that's a serious fucking crime no matter whether you're running for office or not.  Even GOP sympathizer judges in other cases don't like the idea of the people they sat into the jury box being fucked with.  They have some modicum of protective pride when they put the robe on in the morning.  Bad news is some of these jurors will spend the next decade looking over their shoulder and holding their breath as they start their cars.  All that to say, implicating Trump in a jury tampering is not that hard to do since people will either think "That figures, sounds like something that asshole would do" or "I'm not political, but this seems wrong..." to "Hell Yeah, Mr. President...drain the justice swamp...show those jurors who is boss!"  None of those scenarios bode well for him.  His ego will do the rest...

He'd never lose an election.  He'd never leave office.  He'd never get indicted.  He'd never get busted for fraud.  He'd never go to trial.  They'd never be able to seat a jury.  

Now it's shifted to: well he'll never get convicted.  

Next it will be, well, he'll never get sentenced.  Then it will be he'll never have to report.  (Assuming he isn't dead, which I'd be fine with).  

I see an emerging pattern here.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Prepare your anus 2

Astute observation.  Conspiracy theories aside, I'm starting to wonder if they haven't gamed this out already.  What is the best way to defeat him or cause him to die that will cause the smallest outburst/backlash from his minions.  He can't do jail time because he can still correspond with the outside party through surrogates.  He can't be killed because it will be seen as a deep state operation or foreign invasion and cause panic.  He can be convicted of 1 or more charges and not do time but that risks him being re-elected.  He can be so overwhelmingly convicted that he loses legit, but that causes an uproar among his base that will make january 6th look like a picnic.  He can die of natural causes due to the stress, but 25mm Americans won't believe it and may lash out violently.  He'll never commit suicide.  You can't have him live in exile and fuck with our government by proxy from overseas.  

How do you stick this landing?  There has to be a way.  An accident on live television is about the only way to thread the needle.  It will implicate the Secret Service but it's the smallest fallout.  But we're open to other suggestions.  

6 minutes ago, Keef said:

Shout out to Juror 4 and Alternate 2 for living my dream and successfully avoiding all news.

“SurlyHorns.com” wasn’t an option 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

How does that person get on the jury? Might as well have someone on there who was inside the capitol on 1/6.

They get on the jury because the State had other jurors that they felt more strongly about using peremptory strikes on.

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I actually don’t think this is the case.

I do think that orange shit gibbon is so stupid that he doesn’t realize he is giving tons of ammunition to the prosecutors in his various cases, and the best way for him not to give more incriminating statements is to shut up.   He can’t, but that might be why they do not want more public statements. 

• Hook 'Em 1