A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

I realize this is just a scam, another grift. But I can’t help but wonder. Are these actually NFT’s? Can you make and sell a bunch of identical NFT’s? And how are they trading cards if they all cost the same amount and are all equally common and available to everyone? No one is going to have, say, an extra Trump-pretending-to-be-a-NASCAR-driver card to trade for someone’s extra Trump-pretending-to-be-an-astronaut card. And since Trump isn’t concerned about resale value, because he can’t profit from that, I assume these will be available in an unlimited supply. (And that “limited edition” means limited to as many suckers there are who are willing to buy them.) No scarcity = no value.

Again, I realize there are no answers to these questions. That they’re worthless and will depreciate in value to $0.00 as soon as they’re purchased. And they’ll be bought by gullible rubes, the sort who think that the 4th “9” in a commemorative coin coated in .9999% real silver is a big deal and not just 1/1,000th of the first 9 which is itself only a little less than 1% silver. But Jesus. Could he be any more blatantly scammy? Those coins are worth more than these tokens of Trump’s extreme. This kind of con shouldn’t even be legal. 

1 hour ago, NAVY said:

Any predictions on when they run out of jpgs? 

That's the genius of it. Normally, collectibles are limited to increase the imaginary value of an individual unit. These are limitless! So they're not worth anything as a "collectible." And that's why it's genius to market it as a collectible. Because it's worthless. It's called business. 

• Haha 3

Every other former president 2 years removed from office would have signed a lucrative book deal, published a memoir, and be on the 6-7 figure per speech circuit.

Dotard is left to hock cheap caps, coins and NFTs. How long until he signs off his likeness to the most beautiful, realistic, lush chia pet figurine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

51 minutes ago, Goredho said:

It would not surprise me if Trump has...

fonziejumpsshark3.gif

with a lot in his base.  If so, what will be truly amazing about this moment is that while he could haven shot someone on 5th avenue and not lost supporters, it was getting a little overzealous with the grift that did him in.  We'll see.

This is actually pretty in line with the rest of his grift. I think the big difference in this case is the teaser he gave yesterday. 

He and the MAGA machine have spent the past few years convincing these people that their way of life is in serious and imminent peril- like real deal fall of humanity stuff.  So, he teases an announcement and they think that he's going to do something serious and imminent to address the issues he has them so scared about.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

He and the MAGA machine have spent the past few years convincing these people that their way of life is in serious and imminent peril- like real deal fall of humanity stuff.  So, he teases an announcement and they think that he's going to do something serious and imminent to address the issues he has them so scared about.  

chris-farley.gif

6 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Every other former president 2 years removed from office would have signed a lucrative book deal, published a memoir, and be on the 6-7 figure per speech circuit.

Dotard is left to hock cheap caps, coins and NFTs. How long until he signs off his likeness to the most beautiful, realistic, lush chia pet figurine?

Amazon.com: Chia Pet Donald Trump President with Seed Pack, (8" x 4.5" x  7.3") Decorative Pottery Planter, Easy to Do and Fun to Grow, Novelty Gift,  Perfect for Any Occasion : Pet

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

I can only picture his braindead supporters all sitting on pins and needles waiting for this announcement, hoping it's something to do with making him President again. And all they get is more grift. You love to see it. 

5fjqEx4.gif

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Okay stimulation, take the afternoon off and grab yourself a beer. You've fucking earned it.

This.

If you were to get 20 of us Surlyites in a room, drunk as shit, ingesting mushrooms, and ordered us to "make up the next absurd shit in Trumpland or I start shooting you guys"....we still couldn't come close to crafting a scenario nearly as absurd as this reality.

There's no bottom, no level of absurdity that can't be reached.

Our country was -- and still is -- contemplating/attempting suicide via TFG.  I just....I can't.....it's just too ridiculous to be real.  Yet, it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

And yet, it's not all that different from the other crap they supported him through all these years. They'll never accept that they were duped the whole time. Only now has he acted like a clown. Lol, you fuckstains are pathetic, including a bunch of you sad bastards on this site.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I've said many times, if someone tried to pitch the last 8 or so years as a movie they would have been laughed out of the room because it's too stupid, bizarre, and unbelievable. And yet, here we are.

It’s basically why they couldn’t keep doing Veep. The surreal has become our reality. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

The fuck you talking about Dinesh?

image.thumb.png.9828ae8076fc0cb36b560274b59efeb5.png

Oh, got it.  So the "major announcement" that he told us he'd deliver at 11:00 today, wasn't actually the video he posted today at 11:00 under the header "major announcement."  Instead, the true announcement was the sneaky launch of his BBFSOREISP initiative.  I have to admit, it has a nice ring to it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

And yet, it's not all that different from the other crap they supported him through all these years. They'll never accept that they were duped the whole time. Only now has he acted like a clown. 

No kidding. Trump hugging the flag? He was playing you. Trump holding a bible? Played. Stolen election? Played. Build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it? Played.

It's all the same foundation as a digital Trump trading card, just not as in your face to those that want to believe.

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

So when Trump starts reading all the backlash, who gets thrown under the bus?    

Just a hunch here, but I suspect this entire thing was dreamed up by Eric.  

I mean, of the three kids, that's the one who most like would have conjured up (or was conned by someone) this piece of shit scam.  Right?

"Dad, Dad!  This guy on the phone has an incredible idea for you to make some money!  It's digital!"

28 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

That Twitter account is turning into a favorite. 

Yes it is. What's the funniest thing is when folks don't realize that it's all satire and get in his face about it and he says things like "I'll have you know that you are speaking to a youth football coaching LEGEND!"  and they come back at him and he goes back and forth and they just don't realize they're being played, even when somebody finally points it out to them.   

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

... then he threw a pussy fit when they wouldn't sell Greenland to us. 

Such an embarrassment. He actually canceled a trip to Denmark because they refused to sell us Greenland. Imagine being so stupid that he thought he could buy it, and so childish as to have a tantrum when he couldn’t. And people wonder if maybe this limited NFT trading card deal is finally going to be the thing that makes the Trumpkins wake up and see the caliber of person he is. 

• Rage+1 1