Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

41 minutes ago, Underdog said:

avatar2173_16.gif.d1447fd60d6477194664ad9866a82c6e.gif

I blame this for distracting people from what a horrible person and poster immortal was (is).

Good to know that maninblack (and others) were fucking completely broken and gullible as fuck from the onset. Can't blame Trump. They're just dumb human beings.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

The whole "pedo" think is so odd.  Anyone they don't like is a pedo.  It's the nuclear option smear for the right wing.

You know, there was a pedophelia scandal in the Catholic church that started to gain traction/visibility about 20ish years ago.  It's been exposed.  The Pope has spoken of it.  There are actually court cases, and award money paid out.  It's real.

When does the first pizzagate accuser step forward and give details?  And file a lawsuit?  Have I missed that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

The whole "pedo" think is so odd.  Anyone they don't like is a pedo.  It's the nuclear option smear for the right wing.

You know, there was a pedophelia scandal in the Catholic church that started to gain traction/visibility about 20ish years ago.  It's been exposed.  The Pope has spoken of it.  There are actually court cases, and award money paid out.  It's real.

When does the first pizzagate accuser step forward and give details?  And file a lawsuit?  Have I missed that?

This has moved on to the far right's labeling of any opposition to their laws or actions as "grooming". It's a hideous tactic used to shut down opposition. Oh you have opposition to the Don't Say Gay law, you must be a groomer. Oh you think gender neutral bathrooms are fine, you must be a groomer. You think gay and transgendered people should exist to our children, you must be a groomer. Disney has opposition to the Florida bill, GROOMERS! Meanwhile, tell us again how many Republicans have been arrested for crimes against children?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This has moved on to the far right's labeling of any opposition to their laws or actions as "grooming". It's a hideous tactic used to shut down opposition. Oh you have opposition to the Don't Say Gay law, you must be a groomer. Oh you think gender neutral bathrooms are fine, you must be a groomer. You think gay and transgendered people should exist to our children, you must be a groomer. Disney has opposition to the Florida bill, GROOMERS! Meanwhile, tell us again how many Republicans have been arrested for crimes against children?

To be fair, it's the same tactic the left uses with "racist". By I'll be damned if most of them don't wind up actually being pretty fucking racist.

35 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Just because it usually proves correct doesn't mean that it's not sometimes used prematurely as a catch-all.

The driving force behind most MAGA paranoia is white Americans' looming loss of majority status.  The entire movement is rooted in race.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Meanwhile, taking your children to Christian Nationalist Evangelical churches is actually grooming and they are 100% fine with it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Antoine Dodson Classic Reaction GIF

I wish the red states would get the fuck out.  Then the tax dollars I send in wouldn't go to keep their dumbasses afloat.  Also, would be funny to see them get taken over by Mexico when they go tits up.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So, when a United States Congresswoman openly advocates that approximately half the states in the Union should secede, she gets hanged by the neck until dead, right?

Unfortunately, no.  

I'm not sure if she's so dumb she doesn't understand she is advocating treason, or if she's just smart enough to know nothing will happen for doing so.

On 2/19/2023 at 9:11 AM, mdmost said:

God, that thread is a veritable who's who of Shaggy right wing nutjobs. Numbers, drycreek, MajorHarsin, FCHorn, clearlakehorn. We'd have these nutjobs to entertain us over here if you guys would stop crowdsourcing them. 

Those-guys GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

33 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So is Georgia a red state or a blue state?

I find it more useful to think in terms of what decade each area inhabits. The actual city of Atlanta is the 2020s. The burbs and smaller cities are 2010 fading into the late 1980s. Exurbs and farm country in the 1970s. You could probably apply that to most states.

Marjorie's corner is 1950 with Facebook instead of Polio.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

The only problem is that you would also have to throw in Iowa, Idaho, Indiana, Wyoming, and a good chunk of several other states.   

Well, for Idaho, and Wyoming we have those bombs with massive radiation that leave the buildings standing.

Sure, the elk hunting and trout fishing will suffer for a while, but I’ll be able to get a seat at the Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole a lot easier.

• Hook 'Em 1

Its easier to envision on a state by state basis because of the dipshit politicians, but the divide is really urban vs rural. Good luck figuring out a way to bifurcate those groups. 

It’s easy. If a county generates wealth and adds to our GDP, it’s blue. If it’s a meth-infested shithole that contributes little and sucks on the tit of the money-making part of this country, it’s red. That correlation gets you 98% of the way to a clean break.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s easy. If a county generates wealth and adds to our GDP, it’s blue. If it’s a meth-infested shithole that contributes little and sucks on the tit of the money-making part of this country, it’s red. That correlation gets you 98% of the way to a clean break.

Tell Montgomery County that it's blue.