Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I watch Hershel, and I think "Man, that's sad. His family needs to get him some help, because he's not going to be getting any better". 

He might be a US Senator in 48 hours. 

i think him being braid dead actually makes it more palatable to GQP voters.  Just assume that no original thought will ever flicker through his mind and his handler will be briefed on every vote he needs to make to satisfy the the GQP leaders.  If you can't fix it, feature it.  then just use the Marge Green soundbite generator 1x per week to appease the base and he's golden.  The GQP probably will just keep his cut of the graft and assure him that he's been paid and that they added it to his FBI pension.

How far are we removed from just no candidates actually running but just voting for letters each race?  already there?  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

i think him being braid dead actually makes it more palatable to GQP voters.  Just assume that no original thought will ever flicker through his mind and his handler will be briefed on every vote he needs to make to satisfy the the GQP leaders.  If you can't fix it, feature it.  then just use the Marge Green soundbite generator 1x per week to appease the base and he's golden.  The GQP probably will just keep his cut of the graft and assure him that he's been paid and that they added it to his FBI pension.

How far are we removed from just no candidates actually running but just voting for letters each race?  already there?  

It’s already there.  All those ‘undecideds’ are full of shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Were Hershel to win, don’t think it unfathomable if he resigns his seat early next year making it possible for Kemp to appoint a more suitable replacement. That’s how Republicans play. It’s a blood sport to them.

It should be to everyone at this point.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I watch Hershel, and I think "Man, that's sad. His family needs to get him some help, because he's not going to be getting any better". 
He might be a US Senator in 48 hours. 

lol

The one son he actually claims is a flaming homosexual who obviously has severe childhood trauma from his “father” and has been actively trashing him.

And he’s threatened to murder the rest of his family and held guns to his wives’ heads.

I’m sure - in their heart of hearts - the “help” they’d really like to get him would be from stereotypical Georgia cops who “know how to handle a Black man”.

17 minutes ago, pacman said:

Libertarians aren't the problem.

Holy shit.  Yeah, this ain't on Libertarians this time around.  Fucking-A, I thought Walker would carry 65-75% of that electorate demographic, not 90%.  That's it, that's the tipping point.  A few thousand "come-to-jesus" people actually vote for the guy like Jesus, instead of the guy who thinks Jesus was the brown equipment manager for the Cowboys...and this thing is all wrapped up for Warnock.  Fucking, fuckity, fuck.  That movement gets more and more fucking insane by the month.  

Well, here's to hoping they do one more debate between now and the runoff.  FYI-their runoff date is Dec. 6th with early voting starting long before.  

26 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Holy shit.  Yeah, this ain't on Libertarians this time around.  Fucking-A, I thought Walker would carry 65-75% of that electorate demographic, not 90%.  That's it, that's the tipping point.  A few thousand "come-to-jesus" people actually vote for the guy like Jesus, instead of the guy who thinks Jesus was the brown equipment manager for the Cowboys...and this thing is all wrapped up for Warnock.  Fucking, fuckity, fuck.  That movement gets more and more fucking insane by the month.  

Well, here's to hoping they do one more debate between now and the runoff.  FYI-their runoff date is Dec. 6th with early voting starting long before.  

Are you trying to tell me christians are frauds?  Whoa.....

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I disagree that Libertarian voters would be more likely to vote D than R were there only 2 selections on the ballot. 

Warnock only needed to get over 50%.  Libertarians sucked up over 2% of the vote.  Had 15% of them voted for Warnock, there would be no runoff.

Edited by jimmyjazz

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Warnock only needed to get over 50%.  Libertarians sucked up over 2% of the vote.

Right but say those 80k all had to pick R or D. If 60k vote R then Walker wins. 

What I'm trying to say is that I think the 3rd party vote takes more votes away from Republicans. 

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I never said anything contrary to that.  23K for Warnock wins the election without a runoff.  57K for Walker does the same.  (Round numbers.)

Yeah - I did that math myself. I'm just curious as to what the numbers would be were that contingent forced to vote R or D.

And you're correct - I phrased my initial response poorly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I doubt Libertarians are going to vote for Walker. They fancy themselves to be highly intelligent.  They'll probably stay home because, when they vote, they usually do so with the idea that they despise democrats and republicans equally.  But if any of them do vote I'm guessing most will go to Warnock. 

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Right but say those 80k all had to pick R or D. If 60k vote R then Walker wins. 

What I'm trying to say is that I think the 3rd party vote takes more votes away from Republicans. 

Maybe in a normal election.  I have a hard time believing that a high percentage of voters who don't have a Republican party affiliation would choose Walker.

Libertarian or not, I tend to think Chase Oliver voters would vote Warnock. https://chaseforgeorgia.com/

Although Libertarian, as a political philosophy, is conservative and thus closer to Republican, in theory, the practical reality of Libertarian candidates is far different.  They're all over the damn place.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Yeah - I did that math myself. I'm just curious as to what the numbers would be were that contingent forced to vote R or D.

And you're correct - I phrased my initial response poorly. 

Either John Kelly or Kornacki said last night that Walker's people were hoping the Libertarian vote would be close to 2.5% to either win outright or get to a runoff. That leads me to think the Libertarians who voted for Oliver will either sit the runoff out or will vote for Warnock.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

As a former debate champion himself, Cruz appreciates the subtleties and elegance of Herschel's arguments. They are like two peas in a pod those two. Whatever the results of the runoff, I'm sure a lifelong friendship full of push-ups and machine gun bacon is in their future. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Okay, this is just for my own entertainment.  I used to help my wife transcribe speech issues in adults who had suffered strokes or TIAs or other medical shit.  It's not okay to laugh at those folks and I laugh at everybody.  However, those people aren't running to be one of the most 100 powerful people in my country that will dictate the direction of my children's lives.  Here we go, read this in your own voice, not Herschel's.  And then tell me how soon after you said this, aloud....VERBATIM...before your loved ones called the paramedics:

'Cause he's a hypocrite and bein' a pastor, I say this.  How can he keep the almighty oath to the almighty god.  And he keep it for them yet kept it for neither, nobody.  So that proves the type of man he really is.  

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread