Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

$2.99 is possible by October. What a boost that could be for the dems. All the MAGA idiots wouldn’t give Biden any credit, but it could help to lower inflation for the October report which is hopefully positive.

main thing is we need no major gulf hurricane.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

$2.99 is possible by October. What a boost that could be for the dems. All the MAGA idiots wouldn’t give Biden any credit, but it could help to lower inflation for the October report which is hopefully positive.

main thing is we need no major gulf hurricane.

it'll drop even further when the central banks try to fix supply problems by prompting a global recession

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But does/would his increasing approval mean more people at the polls to vote for their local D candidate?

Give people a reason to vote and they’ll vote. Do nothing, they’ll hate Biden and not show up. Presidential approval is tied to midterm performance. The more people approve, the better the party in power does. 

Decrimalizing weed at the federal level would be a good compromise. Let the States have ownership of how they deal with it, kind of like how it is now, but remove the federal threat to consumers. Even Biden should be able to get behind that, legalization at the federal level is far more difficult to achieve and not worth the effort.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Decrimalizing weed at the federal level would be a good compromise. Let the States have ownership of how they deal with it, kind of like how it is now, but remove the federal threat to consumers. Even Biden should be able to get behind that, legalization at the federal level is far more difficult to achieve and not worth the effort.

Release all nonviolent offenders.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, elfenix said:

turns out the poorest of the poors have it worse off here:

posted here because most of the general economic stuff ends up here.  probably could go in the brexit thread as well. 

Are those plots of disposable income over time by country and segmented by income level? I must be missing something here, cause 5%ile income level is like $10k in the US, and 10%ile is <$20k. 

Watched that 60 Minutes  interview. Decent, not great. If you're a fan, then you liked it. If you aren't a fan, then nothing changed. (https://www.cbsnews.com/60-minutes/)

There's no doubt that age is impacting his speaking. He said some weird rambling stuff, but it was way better than "Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

- Said we'd put Americans in harm's way to defend Taiwan (not a fan)
- Again emphasized his desire for an assault weapons ban (huge fan)
- Did not commit to running again (don't know how I feel about that one)

I like how he will be asked a question and simply answer "Yes" or "No" and then not toss in a bunch of other stuff trying to hedge.

20 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

- Said we'd put Americans in harm's way to defend Taiwan (not a fan)

GOP is gonna be like a dog with a bone on that one. Good luck wrestling this misstep away from them.

Trump probably already reached out to Xi asking if China could invade Taiwan in summer 2024. ‘It would really help me out!’

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

No way unless she pulls a "I'd rather run for Senate" kind of move.  It would be a concession, which is political suicide.

She may not have a choice.  It sure seems like she has been an overwhelming liability for him.  I’m not sure if there is a clearly better alternative but I can definitely envision a scenario where replacing her makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

She may not have a choice.  It sure seems like she has been an overwhelming liability for him.  I’m not sure if there is a clearly better alternative but I can definitely envision a scenario where replacing her makes sense.

She hasn't been a liability to anyone with anything higher than a room temperature IQ.  MAGAts freaking out over her "performance" is nothing more than repetitive fodder.

I mean, she's the VP.  They literally do nothing by design.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Oh good gravy.

Here we go with this nonsensical “Biden will only serve one term!” and “Kamala is a liability and she’s going to get the boot!” wishcasting.

And y’all keep asking why Democrats can’t just do whatever they want like Republicans and call them pussies.

Y’ALL CAN NOT READ A ROOM AND HAVE TERRIBLE STRATEGICAL POLITICAL INSTINCTS

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh good gravy.

Here we go with this nonsensical “Biden will only serve one term!” and “Kamala is a liability and she’s going to get the boot!” wishcasting.

And y’all keep asking why Democrats can’t just do whatever they want like Republicans and call them pussies.

Y’ALL CAN NOT READ A ROOM AND HAVE TERRIBLE STRATEGICAL POLITICAL INSTINCTS

giphy.gif

I have excellent political strategeries.  I'm very strategerical.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Zero chance in hell.  When was the last time that happened, 1944?  

i think in the old days you would consider a switch of vp to help in geographical areas that you might not win otherwise.

shit doesn't work like that anymore.  i don't think the amount of "i'll vote for biden but only if he dumps kamala" people move the needle, if they even exist at all.  there are far more "i'm excited to vote for biden because kamala is his vp" types. 

she energized plenty of folks in 2020 when nobody was really excited about joe.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/16/2022 at 10:23 AM, Biff Tannen said:

You keep wishcasting this, but man, it's not gonna happen.  This is not something Biden believes in.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

And there's the whole the-president-doesn't-make-laws thing.

I thought he said at one point that he'd sign a bill if sent to him by Congress, toeing the line of doing nothing unilaterally but not saying no if it were to come to him from Congress. He would definitely sign if it were bipartisan with large congressional support even if he didn't personally like it. Or at a minimum wouldn't veto which would allow it to become law.

Edited by 'stache

I’m a Biden fan but I think there’s a chance that Jill might persuade him to rest on his laurels as a successful long term senator, VP, and POTUS and allow them to live out the rest of their lives enjoying their family and each other. He has nothing left to prove and deserves some time off. I’m much younger and recoil in horror at the thought of having to keep his schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve felt Kamala has been out in public, doing more shit over the last few months. I chalked it up to midterms, but it seems a little…different.

While I know she’s from out this way (Oakland/Bay Area), she’s been doing a lot of speeches here.  Seems like every time I turn around, the news is announcing Kamala is back in the Bay Area.  Fundraising or just doing VEEP duties? 

I could also see Jill getting Joe to step aside so they can be together for whatever time they have left.  I could also see Jill switching Joe’s decaf for Starbucks PSL with an extra shot and keeping his ass going for another 4 more years.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Abrahms, come on down. Assuming GA has to appoint a Dem successor to her governorship.

Edit: never mind. They’re on the same election day IIRC.

Wanda Sykes, you’re up!

GA governor election is this year.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:03 PM, CooterBrown said:

Saw a bumper sticker today that said “VOTE BRANDON 2024”.

I love how 'Brandon' is becoming a positive nickname.  Would be great for Joe or the WH twitter account to mock that even more.  Of all the great protest chants over time, 'the whole world's watching,' 'hell no we won't go,' 'hey hey lbj how many kids did you kill today,' 'no justice no peace,' the best you can do is let's go brandon?  Idiots.

• Hook 'Em 2