It’s that time!

South Austin

7 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

I’m a college football fan. This is New Year’s Day for me. Anything and everything is possible. A man I never met before said it really well on a sultry night in 1991 in Baton Rouge. Tiger Stadium was packed out. LSU was hosting hated, despised, detested Auburn. In those days, an invocation was still part of the opening of a game. The multitude was quiet. Some bayou priest or other spoke of God watching over the athletes as they competed. As the prayer ended, I noticed that the dapper little old Cajun gent standing next to me (neat attire, salt and pepper hair, white Colonel Sanders mustache & imperial decorating his lip and chin) kept his head bowed. He said these words, which I could barely hear:

”Tank you, Lawd, fa lettin me live anudda yeah.”

Then he raised his arms in jubilation, closed his eyes and yelled at the top of his lungs, “GOOOOOOOOOOOO, TIGAHS!”

I just love that shit. Bring on the football, god dammit! Go Horns (except Sep 10) and Roll Tide! Bravo Surly for providing a forum like this. Oh yes and LSU upset the highly favored Philistine Plainsmen that night so hoodoo happens.

That’s not how we do this thread. 

Fight!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

That’s not how we do this thread. 

Fight!

From the hometown of Snake Stabler, who didn't give a shit about how anyone else did anything, I humbly accept your duly deserved admonishment with all due respect. I learn something worthwhile every day.

FIGHT!

• Hook 'Em 4