Celebrity Death Pool -- 2023

Aqua Buddha

On 2/16/2023 at 5:50 PM, Burt said:

You made me curious just how many there are.  The answer is 31, but Kid Gleason should have an asterisk.  He retired in 1908, but came back and played one game in 2012.  He did go 1 for 2 in that game, finishing the year hitting .500.  He also would manage the 1919 Black Sox a few years later.

Out of this list, every position is represented except for 3B.

Player Position First season Last season
Dan Brouthersdagger First baseman 1879 1904
Jim O'Rourkedagger Outfielder 1872 1904
Kid Gleason Pitcher / Second baseman 1888 1912
Deacon McGuire Catcher 1884 1912
Jack O'Connor Catcher 1887 1912
Jack Ryan Catcher 1889 1913
Nick Altrock Pitcher 1898 1933
Eddie Collinsdagger Second baseman 1906 1930
Jack Quinn Pitcher 1909 1933
Satchel Paigedagger Pitcher 1927 1965
Bobo Newsom Pitcher 1929 1953
Mickey Vernon First baseman 1939 1960
Ted Williamsdagger Outfielder 1939 1960
Early Wynndagger Pitcher 1939 1963
Minnie Miñosodagger Outfielder 1947 1980
Willie Maysdagger Outfielder 1948 1973
Jim Kaatdagger Pitcher 1959 1983
Tim McCarver Catcher 1959 1980
Willie McCoveydagger First baseman 1959 1980
Bill Buckner First baseman 1969 1990
Rick Dempsey Catcher 1969 1992
Carlton Fiskdagger Catcher 1969 1993
Jerry Reuss Pitcher 1969 1990
Nolan Ryandagger Pitcher 1966 1993
Rickey Hendersondagger Outfielder 1979 2003
Mike Morgan Pitcher 1978 2002
Jesse Orosco Pitcher 1979 2003
Tim Rainesdagger Outfielder 1979 2002
Ken Griffey Jr.dagger Outfielder 1989 2010
Jamie Moyer Pitcher 1986 2012
Omar Vizquel Shortstop 1989 2012

What’s even more amazing about Kid Gleason retiring in 1908 and coming back in 2012 to go one for 2 is the fact he came back from the dead.  

true goat 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

You weren't alive when Coolidge died?  All jokes aside.  

Fun fact, the 18.5 years between FDR and JFK was the longest we ever went without a former/current President dying,

I would bet heavily that we lose three former/current U.S. Presidents by the end of this decade.  

I’ll take that bet. Todays medicine the only one I see going is the current who’s basically one foot in and brain dead now. No CR the dude literally can’t speak 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Also, no CR---you may not like the guy cognitively but Biden is in good health and shape for his age.  But the office does take a toll on folks, although many have made it decades longer than I would assume.  But obviously Carter is on his way out, so that's one.  I think between Biden and Clinton, one of them will expire of natural causes inside of a decade.  Possibly Bush, but he's also in a good health and always took good care of himself and the longevity genes his parents had.  Trump just being a big guy, doesn't make it until the end of the decade.  There's a reason, even with good health care, you don't see a lot of 85 years olds who are 6'3"/275# (which Trump would be close to at the end of the 2020's).  Not good, bad, or indifferent, it just is.  So I think Carter, Trump, and then one of Biden/Clinton all die before 2030.  

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’ll take that bet. Todays medicine the only one I see going is the current who’s basically one foot in and brain dead now. No CR the dude literally can’t speak 

Oh, ok. I'll take the fat tub of goo who never exercises and eats like a racoon. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Almost 4 & 8.  When Bush, Clinton, and Biden go, they'll probably be in college...statistically speaking---so "grown", yeah.    I'll be a grandpa, god willing, when Obama kicks it given the good shape he's in.  

in 2023 Biden will be 81. Trump, Bush & Clinton will all be 77.   I am not an actuary, but I would be pretty damn stunned if statistically speaking that 3 men over the age of 77 who all had held, what is universally considered to be one of the most highly stressfull jobs, for at least 4 years, arent all expected to surive another 7 years to the end of the decade. 

I am not wishing death on any of them, but even the youngest 3 would all be 84 by the end of 2030. 

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Also, no CR---you may not like the guy cognitively but Biden is in good health and shape for his age.  But the office does take a toll on folks, although many have made it decades longer than I would assume.  But obviously Carter is on his way out, so that's one.  I think between Biden and Clinton, one of them will expire of natural causes inside of a decade.  Possibly Bush, but he's also in a good health and always took good care of himself and the longevity genes his parents had.  Trump just being a big guy, doesn't make it until the end of the decade.  There's a reason, even with good health care, you don't see a lot of 85 years olds who are 6'3"/275# (which Trump would be close to at the end of the 2020's).  Not good, bad, or indifferent, it just is.  So I think Carter, Trump, and then one of Biden/Clinton all die before 2030.  

Is clinton in rough shape?  i thought he looked ok for his age, of course being married to who he's married to would kill anyone.  But I thought he was in decent shape for his age I met GWB a few years back I think he's around until his 90's  

12 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Oh good lord. You really think Trump is gonna outlive Biden? Or have you been living under a rock and think that fat tub of fuck is still in office? 

Maybe he dies today but I think Clinton is healthier than he looks. He’s a lot skinner now due to mainly (only?) going with a plant based diet. If you do it correctly, that’s fantastic for your cardiovascular health. But in terms of looks, skinny old people can appear unhealthy as it looks like they’re withering away.

Clinton will likely die from a hammer buried in his head when Hillary discovers him getting a handy from a nurse.

If you don’t think that Hillary knows about all of Bill’s side pieces the you haven’t been paying attention. Hillary has her own side pieces. Think of her as a modern day Eleanor Roosevelt.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Stay on topic ladies.  No time for carpet munching rumor mongering.  

16 of our former/current Presidents have lived past the male median life expectancy in the U.S., although obviously some of them lived to be younger ages but were still ahead of the life expectancy for their era.  And we know that factors in infant mortality, so if you make it to 75, good chance you make it to 80, which means 85.  But you take the 4 who were assassinated and the 16 that outlived the averages...that's a pretty good clip. 0

Now, most Presidents are better educated and make better health choices.  3 of the last 4 haven't consumed alcohol, are usually better off financially so eat healthier and better than most.  And of course, have access to the best medical care while in office and in their post-presidency.  However, I believe the time in office still ages you at 2:1 or 3:1 in terms of the years in the Oval.  Depending on how you spend your time after leaving office, you can either stay on that track of chaos and paranoia, or you can 
re-extend your life by many years by living with purpose and kindness. 

Carter was the prime example of that.  He didn't make it to 98 on genes and peanuts alone...I think the way he lived his last 40+ years: service, faith, respect for others...that helped keep him "young."  No matter what you think of GWB, the last few times I've seen him...he looks older, sure.  But he also looks happier and content.  Spends lots of time in the outdoors, painting, and faith-based work.  Plus he stays outta the political fray more than any other living former President which probably helps.  And his wife and daughters still adore him after all these years.  Obama seems to have good genes, be in good health, very active, and has a doting family as well.  He still gets mixed up more in politics than I think even he thought he would be, but good news for him is he's still young enough to do that.  Clinton's happiest when he's mixed up in politics still, or getting blown (NTTAWWT).  I think he'd probably die early if not for politics.  Hard to say anything about his home life that hasn't been said.  Still, he packed a lot of life into the firs the first 50+ years of his life.  He's certainly course-corrected, he's a wild card in my pool.  

That said, here's the order in which these men die of old age/traditional disease:  Carter, Trump, Biden, Clinton, Bush, Obama.  The first three will all be dead by the end of this decade.  Clinton is the wild card (could be 2025 and could be 2040).  Bush will likely approach the end of the 2030's.  Obama, the end of the 2040's. Dick Cheney outlives all of them. 

Actor Tom Sizemore (saving private Ryan, heat, strange days, black Hawk down) had an aneurysm and is in critical condition. History of drug abuse.

Maybe I should go up the middle

With the way you run I don’t think so

Maybe I should go left, sir

Maybe you should shut up!

Might be my favorite line in the movie hahaha

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

If you don’t think that Hillary knows about all of Bill’s side pieces the you haven’t been paying attention. Hillary has her own side pieces. Think of her as a modern day Eleanor Roosevelt.

Everyone in Arkansas knew about Bill’s side pieces when he was governor. Hillary at times had to be restrained by the state police as she was throwing Crystal ashtrays at him. It’s well known her cock is far larger than his.

It’s her acceptance and enabling of Bill that cost her millions of lady votes that went for Obama. A fact lost on both her and Trump.

17 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Maybe I should go up the middle

With the way you run I don’t think so

Maybe I should go left, sir

Maybe you should shut up!

Might be my favorite line in the movie hahaha

That and a few scenes later when he's got a gun drawn on Reiben. 

"You gonna shoot me over Ryan?"

"No, I'm gonna shoot ya cause I don't like ya!"

"You don't know when to shut up, you don't know how to shut up!!'

Also, fun fact. That little exchange was improvised by Sizemore

• Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 6:22 PM, burntorangebongos said:

She was probably as tall or taller than Ginger. They either needed to have made her the Ginger role or go the way they did with Dawn. Having a hotter mid-western farm girl than sophisticated Hollywood Ginger wouldn't have worked. 

Raquel was 5’6” while Tina was 5’8-1/2”. The way God put Raquel together made her look taller than she was.

Otherwise, your assessment is spot on. She would have been Ginger, only not a ginger. And there would be no debate about Ginger vs Mary Ann. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

I was a little young for Hill Street Blues, but she had a pretty good career. Her husband certainly helped. 

Barbara Bosson, the Emmy-nominated actress best known for her role on Hill Street Blues, died over the weekend. She was 83.

Bosson's son Jesse Bochco confirmed the news on Sunday via an Instagram tribute. "More spirit and zest than you could shake a stick at," he wrote in the caption. "When she loved you, you felt it without a doubt. If she didn't, you may well have also known that too. Forever in our hearts. I love you Mama."

Bosson was born on Nov. 1, 1939, in Pittsburgh, Pa., and knew she wanted to be an actress from a young age. She moved to New York City after high school to kickstart her career. One of her first jobs was at the Playboy Club as a Bunny before she enrolled in drama classes in 1965 at what is now called Carnegie-Mellon. A few years later she got her first major role in Steve McQueen's 1968 crime film Bullitt.

She worked steadily in film and TV until she landed the role of Fay Furillo, police captain Frank Furillo's (Daniel J. Travanti) ex-wife, on NBC's 1980s drama Hill Street Blues — which was created by her then-husband, Steven Bochco. Her work on the first five seasons earned her five Emmy nominations before she ultimately left the show in season 6 with her husband.

A decade later, Bosson went on to star as Miriam Grasso in ABC's drama Murder One in the '90s, which earned her another Emmy nomination. Bosson and the late Bochco (he died in 2018 at 74) were married for 27 years before they divorced in 1997, and worked together on multiple series including the Rockford Files spin-off Richie Brockelman, Private Eye, Hooperman, and Cop Rock.

Bosson is survived by her son Jesse, daughter Melissa, and two grandchildren.

6-F385-FD1-FD28-4-A5-B-BC63-24-D786-D3-A

• Like 1