What the fuck is wrong with you NCSU football announcer guy

closetohumping

Btw the replies to that tweet above are like 90% “all he did was speak the truth.”  Even if that’s true, a college football game score update isn’t the place for that. And I thought we were in a post-truth world where the truth is what you wish it to be, so his truth conflicted with his employers’.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Btw the replies to that tweet above are like 90% “all he did was speak the truth.”  Even if that’s true, a college football game score update isn’t the place for that. And I thought we were in a post-truth world where the truth is what you wish it to be, so his truth conflicted with his employers’.

"And we're just getting word that Tennessee took down Clemson tonight. But don't forget that jet fuel can't bring down a skyscraper."

Yep. doesn't really work there.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

It's partly true, there's always lots of illegals and legals in El Paso and other border towns. There are times when there's more than a lot of them. That's when the people of those towns, I can only speak for El Paso, come out and help them. Usually the city provides the shelter, the people provide the food, and they're glad to do it. It's a big operation, but one they do it every time, then things settle down and go back to normal. 

Unfortunately El Paso is overwhelmed at present and has been busing people out of town to other cities (in cooperation with them). They recently declared a state of emergency asking for more state and federal help and resources.

Nothing to do with this guy’s comment; just that the situation is not good and putting strain on people’s ability to help.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Btw the replies to that tweet above are like 90% “all he did was speak the truth.”  

The circle of people saying this and the circle of people who hate when athletes get political probably perfectly overlap. 

No doubt they'd just as forcefully support a commentator that took a gratuitous shot at red states or MAGA voters, as long as it happened to be a truthful statement, right? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m guessing that announcer would be shocked to learn how much lower the violent crime rate in El Paso is compared to Raleigh.

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

It’s crazy how often I get asked about life in the war zone from very concerned North Carolinians 

Yep, when we go to El Paso, somebody always pops off with some comment like that.

I stopped trying to explain how much of law enforcement presence there is there, not to mention, oh a fucking big-ass US Army base that's right there (and that some of these people remember me being stationed at back in the 90s).

Lowest crime rate of any American city with over 500,000 people.  But you guys do you.  Fucking morons.  Large American city feeds hungry people.  Film at 11.  

Serious question---does it hurt being so filled with bullshit rage?  You know we're just winding you guys up on purpose, right?  It's fucking funny to us.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

To be fair, El Paso is suffering from the influx of immigrants.  But there are two ways you might know this, either by being a local-type who is concerned with such matters, or by listening to Fox News.

I googled El Paso and immigrants and there was some local coverage and a shitload of Murdoch outlets babbling about it and the right-wing repeaters doing the same.

Went back and listened to the actual audio.  It's just a weird non-sequitur.  I'm 90% sure the guy was fucked up on alcohol and/or pills and just free-styling.  I know 35% of this board, dipshits you are, agreed with him.  But the way he wedged it into the broadcast, something else is going on with that guy besides white nationalist racism.  

Also, if every big city in Texas is so goddamn dangerous, and most Texans live in cities/suburbs...doesn't that kinda...maybe...sorta...mean we have an issue with our state?

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm sure he won't have trouble finding a new job in North Carolina, amidst the Southern Baptist pedo crisis. 

He'll be on Tucker Carlson tomorrow night as Cancel Culture's latest truth-telling victim. 

It's a pretty predictable path from there to GOP nominee for Senate in '24.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

"TCU has forced Michigan to turn over the ball, and have a chance to run out the clock and win the game, and speaking of running out the clock, the restraining order that Sela Ward filed against me will be expiring at midnight tonight after three years of me successfully not getting caught looking through her windows.  This game could have easily went into overtime, but TCU held it together at the end, and that should concern the winner of the Ohio State/Georgia game tonight, as Michigan pushed TCU to the limit."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep, when we go to El Paso, somebody always pops off with some comment like that.

I stopped trying to explain how much of law enforcement presence there is there, not to mention, oh a fucking big-ass US Army base that's right there (and that some of these people remember me being stationed at back in the 90s).

Dependapotomi are a far bigger threat to humanity...

7 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Lowest crime rate of any American city with over 500,000 people.  But you guys do you.  Fucking morons.  Large American city feeds hungry people.  Film at 11.  

Serious question---does it hurt being so filled with bullshit rage?  You know we're just winding you guys up on purpose, right?  It's fucking funny to us.  

It's not funny, at all. It's a clear sign of societal collapse that half the country is so easily manipulated by bullshit. The fact that violent crimes rates are a lot higher in Oklahoma than in NYC was mentioned in a gubernatorial debate. The governor laughed and told the audience that it wasn't true. It's true, and it's not even close. He won in a landslide. Truly and utterly pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

"TCU has forced Michigan to turn over the ball, and have a chance to run out the clock and win the game, and speaking of running out the clock, the restraining order that Sela Ward filed against me will be expiring at midnight tonight after three years of me successfully not getting caught looking through her windows.  This game could have easily went into overtime, but TCU held it together at the end, and that should concern the winner of the Ohio State/Georgia game tonight, as Michigan pushed TCU to the limit."

Dammit, man. Think about what you've just done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

@Brisketexan would like a word with you.

• Like 1