Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

4th&Five

3 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

There’s nothing more pathetic than Cowboys fans celebrating a bad call to end an otherwise great Super Bowl because the bad call hurts a rival team. Basically a franchise that has a shitty owner that prevents ever even reaching a Super Bowl, so they are stuck celebrating bad outcomes for everyone else. Congrats?

Have you been on this site before?

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 minutes ago, Drifterwood said:
Weak ass call for the game to swing on. I predict a rough back to reality year for Hurts coming up.

A clear hold when he was beat and needed to slow his man. Would have been a clear TD. How is that weak? Fuck Philly and their douchebag coach

And fans

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

There’s nothing more pathetic than Cowboys fans celebrating a bad call to end an otherwise great Super Bowl because the bad call hurts a rival team. Basically a franchise that has a shitty owner that prevents ever even reaching a Super Bowl, so they are stuck celebrating bad outcomes for everyone else. Congrats?

/jimbo leans back and kicks up his boots on to his desk

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

You're right... it wasn't pass interference.

The penalty called was defensive holding

2 minutes ago, speed817 said:

It wasn't pass interference. It was holding....

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

They didn’t call PI. 

They called holding, and as others pointed out, he was practically holding him the entire route.  You kind of have to call it. 

Oh well the best part of a Super Bowl of teams I don't care about is drinking. So I got the call wrong. 

That right hand must be really grabbing jersey because I never see anything else that's egregious enough to call defensive holding here.  Whatever he's doing with his left hand isn't impeding the receiver in any way.  So it's gotta be a tug that we're shielded from seeing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I don't get the bitching about KC not scoring the TD, or the Eagles trying to let them score. Incentives swing around wildly at the end of close games in pretty much every sport, which sometimes includes stuff that goes against "normal" strategy. How is what happened different from basketball teams intentionally fouling or hockey teams pulling their goalie?

It was the right call because they made the fg. Miss the fg or if Philly scored on the return and fans want blood. It was anticlimactic but the right call. Nobody wants to see a team take their foot off the gas and coast in. 

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

That right hand must be really grabbing jersey because I never see anything else that's egregious enough to call defensive holding here.  Whatever he's doing with his left hand isn't impeding the receiver in any way.  So it's gotta be a tug that we're shielded from seeing.

He held him before then too. That’s not the full route. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, po elvis said:

The fact that the Eagle defense WANTED KC to score the TD and were letting them score the TD tells you what the right decision was.

If he’d have stopped at the 5 and stood there in bounds, what would the eagles defenders have done?  Pushed him oob or pushed him into the end zone?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
15 minutes ago, Drifterwood said:
Weak ass call for the game to swing on. I predict a rough back to reality year for Hurts coming up.

A clear hold when he was beat and needed to slow his man. Would have been a clear TD. How is that weak? Fuck Philly and their douchebag coach

Uh, the guy was wide open if Mahomes had hit him.

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

It's a weak call and Cowboy fans here are only trying to defend it because a) they hate Philly, and b) they know they look ridiculous for bitching about how the game was being rigged for the Eagles, only for several key calls to go against the Eagles, including this very questionable one that pretty much ended the game.

Make no mistake, if this exact same call went against Dallas, the same posters would be bitching about how we got fucked and the league hates us, etc.

Rinse, and repeat.  See y'all next year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Says the fans who boo Dak receiving a prestigious award, boo Santa Clause and throw shit at them and are absolute trash. You damn right Dallas will celebrate their heartbreak. You don't think they would do the same?

How about Texas fans celebrating OU playoff losses or aggy losing.

Cry harder.

Fuck Philly.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That was a pretty darn good game. I had no dog in the fight. I did think Philly’s DL was going to be the factor. As it was, the KC OL was the factor.

The Eagles play calling seemed a bit off in the second half. I think they should have pushed the ball down the field a bit more because they, obviously, needed to keep in front by a good margin because if Mahomes was not knocked out eventually he’d make plays. 

I didn’t really like the defensive holding call but, I could see it both ways. Obviously that Hurts fumble was a huge key. You just can’t do that.

#24 Moore grew up right near me, so that was cool. 

Also, like others have said, where the hell did this “nobody thinks the Chiefs are any good” come from? It’s stupid. The only one I can think of was @Nicole44 and her Bengals shirt. 🤪

It was a good season but, the Super Bowl broadcast is just about unwatchable. The halftime is stupid. The commercials are stupid. I’d just have a cool band from one of the HBCUs and let them rip it up for a while. My brother said it’s now for people who don’t really watch a lot of football. Which makes some sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

First, take a big step back and literally fuck your own face!

The call is clearly correct in the sense of what the refs look for in defensive holding on a wide receiver. If you cannot admit that, then get your vision checked or develop the very basic understanding that the refs don’t call the game based on how interesting the ending of the game is to you and your fat, ugly, AIDS riddled family. 

14 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Once again just like I said in the AFC championship thread the refs should not decide games on small stuff. That was nowhere near egregious enough to call it and I wanted Kansas City to win. He should have had to grab and hold to get a call, not just give a little tug and then put his left hand on the guy's hip. 

Officials deciding very good games with their bullshit is just so ridiculously bad

How about Texas fans celebrating OU playoff losses or aggy losing.

I celebrate OU losing but I don’t celebrate shitty calls that result in OU losing. That compromises the integrity of the game and then what’s the point in even watching?

What if Texas loses on a similar shitty call? What if Texas wins on a similar shitty call and then we always have that moment questioned instead of just kicking the FG with 1:48 remaining and giving our defense a chance to hold?

Celebrating this call is chickenshit behavior.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Fuck the eagles with every last fuck I have to give. I hope they lose every fucking game for the rest of their history. A loss tonight by that piece of shit franchise was the best possible outcome for which I could cheer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Jerk Off Rick Santorum GIF

STFU. Like you were not cheering against Oklahoma in all those national title games or playoff games they lost

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, DougO said:

Had him by the jersey and by the arm. Clear foul.

How many Defensive holding and PI were called the entire game on either team?  The refs let them play and both teams played physical like that the entire game but on the one crucial play where they could literally end the game they make that call which is bullshit.  By the way, I could care less which of those two shit teams one the game.  The ref robbed the fans of a great finish where who knows which team wins the game.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I celebrate OU losing but I don’t celebrate shitty calls that result in OU losing. That compromises the integrity of the game and then what’s the point in even watching?

What if Texas loses on a similar shitty call? What if Texas wins on a similar shitty call and then we always have that moment questioned instead of just kicking the FG with 1:48 remaining and giving our defense a chance to hold?

Fuck that shit man. I threw a parade when Ou got beat by an absolutely criminally bad call against Oregon at a game up there about 15 years ago. I will celebrate every OU loss ever. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

your point is moot since it was the right call.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

How many Defensive holding and PI were called the entire game on either team?  The refs let them play and both teams played physical like that the entire game but on the one crucial play where they could literally end the game they make that call which is bullshit.  By the way, I could care less which of those two shit teams one the game.  The ref robbed the fans of a great finish where who knows which team wins the game.  

Guess Philly db shouldn’t have been so clearly holdy with his holding hands to hold the receiver, forcing the referee standing right fucking there to call a holding penalty. Also if he doesn’t hold then it’s a TD anyway. Fuck the eagles, but there is literal video evidence of how much he held the guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2