45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

41 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Recent reporting from The Guardian says there are video clips of Nauta moving boxes through secret tunnels at Mara Lago. For the life of me, I will never understand why so many men are willing to go to jail for a fake alpha dog. It’s stupefying.

I got nothing else

https://youtu.be/GVcY--XzeIc

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

7 hours ago, Satchel said:

Recent reporting from The Guardian says there are video clips of Nauta moving boxes through secret tunnels at Mara Lago. For the life of me, I will never understand why so many men are willing to go to jail for a fake alpha dog. It’s stupefying.

Don’t post a link or anything. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Satchel said:

Because they're fucking idiots.  Anything else I can help you with?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

If you think Trump somehow wins again, declare the states he flips. GA has gone every way for Dems, AZ has gone, Great Lakes states and the abortion issue have looked like no go’s, maybe Nevada?

220k people have moved to North Carolina since COVID according to different websites that track it. 100k alone in 2022. The gap there approx 75k before dickhead had the first violent transition of power and his judges wrecked RvW. Biden most likely wins by a wider margin.

I think you're right for the most part. But I expect there to be lots of fucky-fucky in those battleground states if the Dems don't stay frosty.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Except, and I ask again, which states, because besides Georgia, the GOP does not control all the levers of electoral power in those battleground states that Biden won in 2020 and Dems won in 2018/2022. 

Arizona? Dem Gov and SOS and AG
Wisconsin? Dem Gov and AG and Evers-appointment elections chief
Michigan? Dems hold the lege and all the row offices
PA? Dem Gov and AG and the SOS was appointed by Shapiro and Dems hold half the lege
NV? GOP Gov who has actually signed a shit ton of bills making elections easier but Dem SOS and lege
NH? Trump couldn't even win it in 2016...

So sure, maybe Trump lackeys fuck around in NC (which has voted GOP in 2012, 2016, 2020) and GA.  Remove GA from Biden's column, he still wins 287-251.  Hell, give Trump Arizona just for the hypothetical - Biden wins 276-262

And Georgia and Arizona are both getting bluer, so I don't see really it. 

This is why 2022 was so fucking important.  This really should keep the train on the tracks.  Hopefully.

And if the House tries any fuckery, the Senate should tell them to fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Also some really shitty statewide GOP candidates are going to drag down the 2024 GOP nominee - likely Lake in Arizona, a bunch of morons in Nevada that are as bad or worse than Laxalt, Mark Robinson in NC, some crap going up against Tammy Baldwin, some more crap going up in the open MI seat, some other crap going up against Casey Jr

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So, we all agree that Trump will be the 2024 GQP nominee, and it’s not really a contest, right?

And….win or lose, convicted and imprisoned or not…he will ALSO be the GQP nominee in 2028, right? Don’t worry about that “can only serve two terms” thing - they won’t care about that.

Seriously. As long as he’s alive, he will be the perpetual nominee. There is no party without him.

Well, I understand the ledge angle, but nominating him for a 3rd term w/o a Constitutional amendment would be political suicide.  It would never happen.

I get it -- nothing matters, yada yada yada.  Laws still exist.

Plus, he'll likely be dead.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

So, we all agree that Trump will be the 2024 GQP nominee, and it’s not really a contest, right?

I think I posted it somewhere, but watching the GQP "strategists" on the Sunday shows trying to pretend that someone else has a chance for the nomination is hysterical.

• Like 2

If he doesn’t win in 2024, he’s going to die well before 2028. Three grueling campaign seasons in less than 10 years, the current indictments…

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He was attacking Jack Smith again this morning. Seriously lawyers, at what point is Cannon obligated to step in and do something? Is she waiting for one of these mouthbreathers to hurt Smith or his family?

Waiting for?  She's probably helping them plan it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Except, and I ask again, which states, because besides Georgia, the GOP does not control all the levers of electoral power in those battleground states that Biden won in 2020 and Dems won in 2018/2022. 

PA? Dem Gov and AG and the SOS was appointed by Shapiro and Dems hold half the lege
NV? GOP Gov who has actually signed a shit ton of bills making elections easier but Dem SOS and lege

So sure, maybe Trump lackeys fuck around in NC (which has voted GOP in 2012, 2016, 2020) and GA.  Remove GA from Biden's column, he still wins 287-251.  Hell, give Trump Arizona just for the hypothetical - Biden wins 276-262

I sincerely hope you're right, and I suspect that you are right.  But let's a stay frosty.  In other words, . . . 

da4a3a5c-6959-4c05-907e-33fc2730d03c_tex

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I sincerely hope you're right, and I suspect that you are right.  But let's a stay frosty.  In other words, . . . 

da4a3a5c-6959-4c05-907e-33fc2730d03c_tex

Of course not, but half of people are already slated him as POTUS again because "he will cheat his way back to the White House" when he couldn't even cheat his way to a second term when the GOP had a bigger advantage in swing states than they will in 2024, and they had an even bigger advantage in those states in 2016. 

If someone comes with the premise that he will win because the GOP will swing enough battlegrounds via cheating, I'm going to pushback because they don't have that advantage anymore. And didn't in 2020. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And….win or lose, convicted and imprisoned or not…he will ALSO be the GQP nominee in 2028, right? Don’t worry about that “can only serve two terms” thing - they won’t care about that.

Seriously. As long as he’s alive, he will be the perpetual nominee. There is no party without him.

Really hoping he’s dead by 2028

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

I think you're right for the most part. But I expect there to be lots of fucky-fucky in those battleground states if the Dems don't stay frosty.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

36 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Of course not, but half of people are already slated him as POTUS again because "he will cheat his way back to the White House" when he couldn't even cheat his way to a second term when the GOP had a bigger advantage in swing states than they will in 2024, and they had an even bigger advantage in those states in 2016. 

If someone comes with the premise that he will win because the GOP will swing enough battlegrounds via cheating, I'm going to pushback because they don't have that advantage anymore. And didn't in 2020. 

The fuckery will be a moderate 3rd party candidate that siphons off enough center voters from Biden in battleground states to put shenanigans into play 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 7

38 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This is a guy, as a former President, who couldn't even find a way to steal classified documents without fucking it up so badly he's been arrested. No one in the justice system wants to arrest a former President. You have to beg for it and this guy was stupid enough to do that. He's not masterminding anything

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

The fuckery will be a moderate 3rd party candidate that siphons off enough center voters from Biden in battleground states to put shenanigans into play 

Just a reminder that the 3rd party vote went from 5.6% in 2016 to 1.85% in 2020. 

Just a reminder that the 3rd party vote went from 5.6% in 2016 to 1.85% in 2020. 

Yet NoLabels is making serious progress in getting on ballots and will likely post a “compelling” ticket for those not excited about Biden. It’s a legit concern imo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Yet NoLabels is making serious progress in getting on ballots and will likely post a “compelling” ticket for those not excited about Biden. It’s a legit concern imo

Manchin/Hogan is not remotely compelling.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

82 year old convicted felon Donald Trump v. Kammy Harris in 2028 is gonna be a hoot. 

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Attempting a coup should have been political suicide, but here we are...

Why? You don't attempt a coup without a certain amount of popular/police/military support. That support doesn't go away if you fail.

For example, despite what e.g. Chomsky would have you believe, Pinochet's coup in Chile happens, and succeeds, whether the CIA was involved or not.

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

FIFY.  His coup attempt should have had him hung in public for being a traitor.

That's not what the law says, and the investigation is ongoing.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Also some really shitty statewide GOP candidates are going to drag down the 2024 GOP nominee - likely Lake in Arizona, a bunch of morons in Nevada that are as bad or worse than Laxalt, Mark Robinson in NC, some crap going up against Tammy Baldwin, some more crap going up in the open MI seat, some other crap going up against Casey Jr

I don’t think Lake risks losing in Arizona again.  She’s in a holding pattern for 2028.

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

I’m teaching you to fish for links. It’s all part of the character building process.

It’s lazy posting. Don’t make excuses for poor netiquette. It’s not my responsibility to fact check your claim.

Always cite your sources. It’s part of the scholar building process. You should’ve learned that in school. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

21 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

It’s gonna be interesting to see what Texas voter registration numbers look like with the opt out policy for online driver’s license renewal. Haven’t been able to find reliable, updated info. Pretty sure this is how Georgia made huge strides by making people opt out instead of opt in.

Yes, this has been a pretty quiet topic.  The new law prohibiting Election Adminstrations from sending out unsolicited vote by mail applications really caused more issues, but this one will cause havoc too.  I'd really appreciate your sharing anything you find on it.    The DPS system wasn't infallible to start with, this just makes it worse.  Nothing but confusion after confusion to exasperate people into not voting.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s lazy posting. Don’t make excuses for poor netiquette. It’s not my responsibility to fact check your claim.

Always cite your sources. It’s part of the scholar building process. You should’ve learned that in school. 

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Relax. In the time it’s taken you to scold me about some made up “ netiquette”, you could have have located several links, read articles in their entirety and been that much more informed. Control what you can and stop sweating the small stuff. You’ll live longer.

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I think y’all will be pleasantly surprised at the rapidity of his physical and cognitive decline over the next 24 to 48 months. Obese 78 y/o’s that live on fast food fall off a cliff

Yeah, but he's also apparently the spawn of satan.  So.  You know.

49 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Yall forget that he has stored up all that energy from not exercising, because science. 

Trump's like a camel, but instead of a hump, he stores the unused energy in his ass. 

Edited by Pods

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t think Lake risks losing in Arizona again.  She’s in a holding pattern for 2028.

Lol, hanging around is making Trump realize how much he doesn’t like her stealing his spotlight. 
https://apple.news/AuqUyZ4AYRSyjwvFyKoQPSQ

Trump has apparently grown “less enthusiastic about Lake,” the Daily Beast revealed on Thursday. Why? According to people familiar with the former guy’s thinking, she’s a “spotlight hound” who is always striving for attention. (Sound like any ex-presidents you know??) And while her unflagging loyalty to Trump is obviously viewed as a positive, the 45th POTUS reportedly doesn’t like Lake “running around saying she should be VP.”

• Hook 'Em 2

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated