45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So what limitations are put on defense attorneys once a trial is underway?  Can they bail if they know he's out of cash?

No.

When the trial has started like this one has, jury selected an opening argument set for Monday, there could be no justification to allow defense council to withdraw while it’s going on.   Attorneys do not have the right to unilaterally withdraw whenever they want for whatever reason they want.  If the issue is fees not being paid, that is often grounds for withdrawing as a general matter,  but it would be a rare court to allow an attorney to withdraw with scheduled pending matters - and really a bizarre albino unicorn event to allow an attorney to withdraw the after trial has begun.   The jury would see that negatively.   Which is all to say that an attorney does not have a right to likely cause a mistrial for that selfish reason and put everything back at square one.  

And in this unusual case, when his attorneys accepted representation on a client who has a reputation for not paying attorneys - there is way less reason to grant withdrawal for nonpayment of fees.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

And in this unusual case, when his attorneys accepted representation on a client who has a reputation for not paying attorneys - there is way less reason to grant withdrawal for nonpayment of fees.

Well yeah, that part seems obvious.  "Wait, you're surprised by this?  No."

I thought I read that for some of these matters his attorneys were charging him a flat fee to handle his case. Not sure if that was for some of the civil matters or criminal. Seems like regardless they would want to get as much as possible up front given his history 

On 4/20/2024 at 1:01 PM, Sawbonz said:

I did the burn unit in parkland for my 3rd year elective in med school. We had a guy who doused himself with gasoline at thanksgiving dinner and lit himself in front of his family. Full thickness burns > 80% including all of his upper and lower lips but somehow not his eyelids. Heat ruined his vocal cords. He was coming up on 1 year in the burn unit when I arrived and was still alive when I finished the rotation. I would not wish that on anyone 

It ain’t cool being no jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Every time there's a story of him running out of cash it's not surprising, the best part is what happens next.  You move to the anticipation of what the next grift will be, we've gotten sneakers, bibles, 5% cuts from down ballot folks, what's next?

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Every time there's a story of him running out of cash it's not surprising, the best part is what happens next.  You move to the anticipation of what the next grift will be, we've gotten sneakers, bibles, 5% cuts from down ballot folks, what's next?

10%.  

I wonder what the cutoff date is where any odd campaign financial stuff is reported after the election.  August, September?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

No.

When the trial has started like this one has, jury selected an opening argument set for Monday, there could be no justification to allow defense council to withdraw while it’s going on.   Attorneys do not have the right to unilaterally withdraw whenever they want for whatever reason they want.  If the issue is fees not being paid, that is often grounds for withdrawing as a general matter,  but it would be a rare court to allow an attorney to withdraw with scheduled pending matters - and really a bizarre albino unicorn event to allow an attorney to withdraw the after trial has begun.   The jury would see that negatively.   Which is all to say that an attorney does not have a right to likely cause a mistrial for that selfish reason and put everything back at square one.  

Counsel

24 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

So he's PRO ABORITION !!!!!!!

Will not matter one bit, BECAUSE HE GETS ABORTION JUST LIKE THE REST OF US YOU LIBTARD SO SUCK IT BECAUSE MA AND PA ALWAYS SAID THEY'D WISH MA HAD ABORTED ME AND YOU JUST DON'T GET THE JOKE THEY ARE MAKING.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, immamac said:

What happens if he is actually fucked here? Shit seems to be getting real real fast. 

Fucked how? Most experts think he serves no jail time even if convicted. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, immamac said:

What happens if he is actually fucked here? Shit seems to be getting real real fast. 

Well that would be great. But what you’re experiencing is just the shock of seeing the process moving this far along without ole’ Donny wriggling out of it yet.

Nevertheless…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

We were happy with the Freeballers. But damn, Bowl Movements is top-shelf an upper decker. Well done. 

FIFY

Edited by TexasEd
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, tx ind said:

MyTrumpPillows

7 hours ago, immamac said:

Wondering this same thing.  Not know king Jack shit, my best case would be a plea to house arrest for 1 year that would effectively make him unable to run or serve.  That’s probably asking WAY too much.  I consider the chance of Trump going to jail somewhere between 0% and 0%.

10 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Wondering this same thing.  Not know king Jack shit, my best case would be a plea to house arrest for 1 year that would effectively make him unable to run or serve.  That’s probably asking WAY too much.  I consider the chance of Trump going to jail somewhere between 0% and 0%.

And I would put the chances of Biden going to jail at 1% because fuck this simulation.

Never going to the inside of a cell, we've all known this for damn near two years now.  But a House Arrest situation does make more and more sense, I'll leave it to the criminal attorneys on here to weigh in on how that differs from just probation/parole officer visits.  He'd obviously claim that all of Mar-a-Lago is his "house", so we could still wander the grounds and play golf.  Or do you have to serve it out in the venue domicile, so one of his New York properties?  I'd prefer to let him have it served at Mar-a-Lago because while he'd walk/cart the perimeter of the vast property every day which would make it less punitive, he could receive adulation from the hundreds lined up around in adoration shifts 24/7 for a year.  And he'd go out there and golf and then talk then along each corridor from a distance.  And address camera crews and the like.  

And then you start the disinformation campaign.  "Trump's jailers are visiting Mar-a-Lago's exterior posing as MAGA nation to taunt and gloat in Trump's unlawful house arrest!  You must defend America by carrying firearms to the support rallies outside Mar-a-Lago.  It's legal in Florida to do so, as long as you don't cross the property lines and it demonstrates your support of Trump's commitment to the 2nd Amendment and our condemnation of this Kangaroo Court.  Over the course of a year, somebody makes a mistake and adjusts their weapon or takes it out to show somebody else what they're running or actually draws it on somebody they suspect of being an ANTIFA/Deep State plant.  And they do it along the property line, that scenario is not that hard to arrange.  Secret Service sees it and rushes over, a shootout ensues.  Who knows what could happen next, MAGA on MAGA violence could be fun as shit to see unfold on TV.  It's a stretch.  But if the simulation has taught us anything...

Just now, YGIFS said:

Never going to the inside of a cell, we've all known this for damn near two years now.  But a House Arrest situation does make more and more sense, I'll leave it to the criminal attorneys on here to weigh in on how that differs from just probation/parole officer visits.  He'd obviously claim that all of Mar-a-Lago is his "house", so we could still wander the grounds and play golf.  Or do you have to serve it out in the venue domicile, so one of his New York properties?  I'd prefer to let him have it served at Mar-a-Lago because while he'd walk/cart the perimeter of the vast property every day which would make it less punitive, he could receive adulation from the hundreds lined up around in adoration shifts 24/7 for a year.  And he'd go out there and golf and then talk then along each corridor from a distance.  And address camera crews and the like.  

And then you start the disinformation campaign.  "Trump's jailers are visiting Mar-a-Lago's exterior posing as MAGA nation to taunt and gloat in Trump's unlawful house arrest!  You must defend America by carrying firearms to the support rallies outside Mar-a-Lago.  It's legal in Florida to do so, as long as you don't cross the property lines and it demonstrates your support of Trump's commitment to the 2nd Amendment and our condemnation of this Kangaroo Court.  Over the course of a year, somebody makes a mistake and adjusts their weapon or takes it out to show somebody else what they're running or actually draws it on somebody they suspect of being an ANTIFA/Deep State plant.  And they do it along the property line, that scenario is not that hard to arrange.  Secret Service sees it and rushes over, a shootout ensues.  Who knows what could happen next, MAGA on MAGA violence could be fun as shit to see unfold on TV.  It's a stretch.  But if the simulation has taught us anything...

Historically speaking, fascists really do their best work while in a comfortable jail cell surrounded by their friends. Sounds like a great fucking idea. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Jokes aside, what’s this dick going to say?

13 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

He's been holding it in so long there's no telling how much will spurt out.

I agree. With The amount of holding back he’s had to endure, one touchy engage can cause him to lose control and spill his whole seedy enterprise’s catch and kill operation.

Trump would be ruined.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

An explanatory note.  It appears that the bond is secured by securities in a brokerage account.

In most jurisdictions, he could not pledge that account directly as a bond or undertaking.

He could, however, liquidate it and bring cash certified funds to the court for a virtually unimpeachable bond.  There is, of course, no guarantee that those securities would liquidate timely and in the amount of $175M, and that would pose some tax issues, I would imagine.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Historically speaking, fascists really do their best work while in a comfortable jail cell surrounded by their friends. Sounds like a great fucking idea. 

True.  But at least we know we won't be able to hammer out a manifesto during his incarceration.  He can barely read/write.  I guess a ghost writer could do it and then have it edited by a 3rd grade Belarusian kid.  

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

An explanatory note.  It appears that the bond is secured by securities in a brokerage account.

In most jurisdictions, he could not pledge that account directly as a bond or undertaking.

He could, however, liquidate it and bring cash certified funds to the court for a virtually unimpeachable bond.  There is, of course, no guarantee that those securities would liquidate timely and in the amount of $175M, and that would pose some tax issues, I would imagine.

There's no way he has $175mm in a securities brokerage account.  They have a few private banking accounts around NY & FL.  But if he had anything north of $50-$100mm, they'd have a registered RIA/SFO on file somewhere.  And they don't, the SEC has said as much.  Maybe there's some off-shore shit, but that likely would have been discovered earlier.  What money they do make, they just keep rolling into other GP positions in CRE/hospitality deals.  There's not much liquidity overall.  They certainly have well over $175mm in real estate holdings but it would take months to get money out of them like that, it's like a 1031 would provide any solvency.  And the capital gains trigger on anything from non-qualified portfolios to CRE sales would necessitate selling at least something in the ballpark of ~$225mm in assets.  And we all know how great he is at paying taxes on time.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I wouldn't be sad if he were confined to house arrest at Mar-A-Lago, especially if a bigass hurricane wipes the place out.

Confined to a Mar a Lago all summer long. Hurricane knocks out the power. In south Florida, in the summer, no AC. Should be fun. 

Also, I'd love to see that fat ass play a round of golf in S. Florida in the summer. 

43 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

There's no golf course at Mar-A-Lago.

• Like 1

And now, it's time for defense.  Batting first, Todd Blanche

Blanche highlights that Trump is entitled to the presumption of innocence, which is something that some of his more heated critics sometimes lose sight of.

Blanche explains why they all call Trump “President Trump,” saying he’s earned it and it’s the office he’s held. Then he mentions that Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee.

Todd Blanche is now up, with the defense's opening statement.

J
“President Trump is innocent,” are the first words of Blanche’s opening. ’President Trump did not commit any crimes.”

“He is cloaked in innocence,” Todd Blanche says of Trump

Blanche says that the prosecution told a “clean nice story,” but that it is not as simple as they would have the jury believe. He says that many of the documents in evidence are almost a decade old. The testimony, he suggests, is similarly old. And, he says, the story that jurors just heard “is not true.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1