2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

PK is the chef, Nansen is the sous chef, and Joseph is the maître D telling everyone about the specials that are not actually available. 

Bo is the guy they send out when you complain about the food. 

Gideon is sitting waiting at dennys.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Elko lost some bread but brought in some more bread.  Judging by his girth I would say he knows quite a bit about simple carbs and dough products.  

And not even aggie is stupid enough to think about joining the Big Ten.  Who am I kidding...they will probably announce they are going effective tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I really don't understand someone leaving Texas to play for unlv, unless Sark suggested that he should go elsewhere. He's gonna get playing time here, and a much better chance of actually winning a lot of games. Maybe the NIL money there, as a starter, was more than he was going to get as a part time player here. 

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I really don't understand someone leaving Texas to play for unlv, unless Sark suggested that he should go elsewhere. He's gonna get playing time here, and a much better chance of actually winning a lot of games. Maybe the NIL money there, as a starter, was more than he was going to get as a part time player here. 

Texas didn't have a roster spot for Catalon.  He's going to play for his old DC in a defense that he played well in. 

Good Luck Jalen!!!

• Hook 'Em 7

16 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

This cannot be a serious post.

Samuel L Jackson Glass Movie GIF by Glass

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Bruh he was phased out here. He's slow as fuck. He was told to get in the mother fucker.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas didn't have a roster spot for Catalon.  He's going to play for his old DC in a defense that he played well in. 

Good Luck Jalen!!!

So Sark said,  "Move on". Makes sense

Catalon was a helpful barometer for when 9.95'ers were getting good information and when they were making stuff up.  The notion of Catalon as some kind of defensive savior who was injured and whose triumphant return would bolster the defense that was popular on Texas boards/websites was very much out of touch with reality.  I wish him well, but I'd be surprised if he did much at UNLV.

• Hook 'Em 1

Who do you think hits more on correct predictions? Ketch or [mention=2291]Helobious[/mention]

giphy.gif

There’s enough talent coming back that dare I say it, they have a shot at it all next year. 

Blows my mind that there is a nontrivial portion of the fanbase either wanting Ewers to leave or wanting Arch to jump him. I think some of us have forgotten what an open championship window looks like and how to handle it.
  • Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Good Luck Jalen!!!

Pretty much. I wish him well, Texas took a chance on him and he got injured like he has every season except for 2020.

1 hour ago, someguy said:

Catalon was a helpful barometer for when 9.95'ers were getting good information and when they were making stuff up.  The notion of Catalon as some kind of defensive savior who was injured and whose triumphant return would bolster the defense that was popular on Texas boards/websites was very much out of touch with reality.  I wish him well, but I'd be surprised if he did much at UNLV.

Eh - We took a gamble on a guy with a history of injuries. I'm not too disappointed, but I didn't have high expectations. He did contribute early in the season. We all thought he'd ball out, but that was kool aid drinking. 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

I clicked on his twitter profile and saw that he's got Mulugheta as his agent for 'business inquiries' already. Mulugheta has that thing with Jeremy Hills' training thing already. Is there a rule that agencies or trainers can't do their own endorsement deals? Seems like we could get an NIL engine going there.

Reed Malphurs and Tannahill Love would make for great character names in a romance novel about a forbidden locker room love between two football players (one would be from the wrong side of the tracks, the other from money but embarrassed by it). 

Brokelinebacker Sideline

Eh - We took a gamble on a guy with a history of injuries. I'm not too disappointed, but I didn't have high expectations. He did contribute early in the season. We all thought he'd ball out, but that was kool aid drinking. 

…..but we agree the dude from Clemson is gonna ball out, right?

10 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Jesus fucking Christ. 

• Haha 1

Now we’re really seeing way more go out than come in…this is on a playoff team. Not saying that most of these weren’t bread but I’m really wondering how we aren’t thin at some positions next year. We may have a stud at a position but behind him could be….

surprisingly wr is not one I’m that worried about. I think the net loss of worthy and his “effort” on plays will level out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Now we’re really seeing way more go out than come in…this is on a playoff team. Not saying that most of these weren’t bread but I’m really wondering how we aren’t thin at some positions next year. We may have a stud at a position but behind him could be….
surprisingly wr is not one I’m that worried about. I think the net loss of worthy and his “effort” on plays will level out. 
We are shedding dead weight in the form of DBs who can't turn their heads around and have zero eye discipline. This is a great thing. I'd rather not repeat the UW game again next year where our secondary gets blown out.
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

You know we’re gonna continue to bring guys in right? Attrition is part of football and we will bring starters in and better backups for next year. Be patient the season doesn’t start tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.