Trump Town Hall thread, all snowflakes welcome

jimmyjazz

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You're critical of CNN so you must like Fox" is one of the dumber thoughts ever posted here. People really just will say anything online.

You are so close to a moment of self reflection.  

from the clips I saw on line it looked like cnn gave him an hour to run a stand up routine in front of a live laugh track. Bang up shit all around. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

"You're critical of CNN so you must like Fox" is one of the dumber thoughts ever posted here. People really just will say anything online.

Forreals. This was nothing more than an embarrassing, unabashed ratings grab by CNN's new boss. At its' worst, CNN was incompetent in the past -- like most TV news. This signals a new "worst" could be much, much more detrimental.

^

Yeah, that's pretty much what it felt like.  Like when a standup comic will show up unannounced to some strip center mid-sized venue out by the airport to run through their 45 minutes before they tape a live special.  But with an audience that got the deal leaked a bit early by twitter so they showed up to support their favorite after a few drinks.  

Also, I'm now actively craving some hipster attitude on cable news like, "Your favorite band/cable news outlet is lame now, I was into them ten years ago.  But they sold out.  Here's what you should really be listening to..."  But nobody has one.  I'm still reading the same shit I usually do every week---WSJ, Atlantic, WaPo, Mother Jones, Reason, National Review, and Bloomberg.  But I'm looking at Kaitlin Collins and shaking my head like, "What the fuck happened to you?  You went from being the Journalist of January 6th to being the January 6th of Journalists.:"  

30 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

look man, this isn't difficult.  Caitlin was there smashing Trump every time he spoke, that exposes his juvenile lies.  It was excellent television last night, every lie from Michigan, Wisconsin to Georgia was countered with truth.  

fans GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

you come across as a psychopath. Seek help.  When a liar is exposed and countered every single time (Caitlin), that was very refreshing. Let's see you favorite FOX give Biden an hour of live TV. 

Lulz. If you think Fox is my favorite, you should probably take a minute to review my posting history in this forum. You continue to deflect without answering my questions. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

Lulz. If you think Fox is my favorite, you should probably take a minute to review my posting history in this forum. You continue to deflect without answering my questions. 

if you had reading comprehension, which you don't, it's been answered several times.  You are not important enough for my focus. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I have always liked CNN going back to when they were the only cable news outlet, and will always be my #1 go to news source.

Jesus fucking christ.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Why the fuck is that quite attributed to me?  This is libelous. 

Yeah I saw that. No idea, I deleted it not to sully your good name.

1 hour ago, McCroskey said:

Completely agree.  That's what I meant at the time and what you just articulated in more words.

He would not be able to do this in any other country in the world. 

Um, he inherited roughly 60M.  He'd be very well off just about anywhere and also able to add to it, probably to a greater degree than he has, just about anywhere.

Trump is not a very good example of the American dream.

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Jesus fucking christ.

Yeah I saw that. No idea, I deleted it not to sully your good name.

Did you pull that from his original post or from a reply of mine quoting it?  The software can’t tell the difference and anything from a post including a quote from a different poster, may get tagged incorrectly. 

I heard a thing on NPR about the history of the Turner networks.

In order to get/keep his bandwidth, Turner was required to air a certain amount of news.  He hated that fact and basically created infotainment and that metastasized (deliberate choice) into CNN.

CNN has always been more about the 'tainment than the info and it's wise not to forget that.  That their info tends more to the accurate than say Fox doesn't change that.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did you pull that from his original post or from a reply of mine quoting it?  The software can’t tell the difference and anything from a post including a quote from a different poster, may get tagged incorrectly. 

I thought I clicked the little arrow to go from your post to his post, then quoted that.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

In order to get/keep his bandwidth, Turner was required to air a certain amount of news.  He hated that fact and basically created infotainment and that metastasized (deliberate choice) into CNN.

CNN has always been more about the 'tainment than the info and it's wise not to forget that.

I mean they made an entire moving satirizing that. The fact anyone has ever considered CNN news is baffling.

11 hours ago, McCroskey said:

That’s a tremendous question, one I’d much rather discuss over a coffee or beer. It’s not so much what he’s doing in his first term, but rather what he’s not doing.

I don’t think Biden is capable of addressing the largest issues that need addressing in our society, and quite frankly, very few of our current politicians seem interested and/or capable of addressing them. As a society, our finest minds are no longer gravitating to the political spectrum at the rates we need them to be. Serving the public shouldn’t be viewed as toxic, yet it is, and that doesn’t bode well for us long term.

Regardless of where you fall on the policy spectrum, we’ve gotten to a point in this country where politics drives far more emotion and hatred than it should, which coupled with the meteoric rise of technology, social media, etc…over the last 20+ years, and I think we’re in a situation that’s going to require different forms of leadership to start pulling us back on a more long term, sustainable path.

Biden is a career public servant, and has obviously had a very successful, noble career in serving the people of Delaware, but in my view he’s incapable of unifying disparate groups of people around the rest of the country. Many of his policies are popular with larger segments of the population, but they aren’t effective. And whether he likes it or not and no matter how badly you or anyone else hate republicans, they aren’t going away so you might as well figure out how to deal with them and their bullshit policies. We’ve seen the parties flip ideals over time so clearly it can be done.

We need leaders who can start tackling issues and garnering things such as 2/3 majorities again. Think about how normal that used to be and how impossible that seems at present.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Edited by elguapo
  • Drool 1

I know when I think of great American presidents who brought the country together through hard times, I think of stroked-out racist shitbag Woodrow Wilson.

But these are the same folks that will tell you that America alone won World War I, so again, coloring books.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Also, apparently @Etxhorn81 is a member of the Trump cult, or a raging Anti-Semite.  What a cunt.

Like his orange idol, @Etxhorn81 is obviously a "stable genius".  Seriously, women calling you out on your bullshit really triggers you alpha males, and prompts you to send unwanted private messages.  Get help.  

Etxhorn.png

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Like his orange idol, @Etxhorn81 is obviously a "stable genius".  Seriously, women calling you out on your bullshit really triggers you alpha males, and prompts you to send unwanted private messages.  Get help.  

Etxhorn.png

Careful. I think he's suddenly coming to the realization that he's going to get crowdsourced...by a solitary female. I'm sure he's very delicate right now. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

"You're critical of CNN so you must like Fox" is one of the dumber thoughts ever posted here. People really just will say anything online.

One of my biggest criticisms of CNN is how much worse they got after Fox News came along and dominated the ratings by offering less news and more opinion. CNN became less newsy in order to compete for ratings. Fox actually made CNN worse. For a time CNN even went so far as to eliminate their investigative journalism division. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, McCroskey said:

I think he loves the fuck out of this country because it empowers the narcissism.  He knows exactly what he's doing.

trump loves America the same way a man who is a serial abuser loves his wife 

• Hook 'Em 3

I just assumed that Biden would get a similar hour in front of a similarly hand-picked audience.  If that doesn't happen in the next few months, then yeah, fuck CNN's "centrist" claims.

The are saying the have offered the same time and format to any legitimate candidate.

I just assumed that Biden would get a similar hour in front of a similarly hand-picked audience.  If that doesn't happen in the next few months, then yeah, fuck CNN's "centrist" claims.

The are saying the have offered the same time and format to any legitimate candidate.

52 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

CNN has always been more about the 'tainment than the info and it's wise not to forget that.  That their info tends more to the accurate than say Fox doesn't change that.

Agree. Both CNN and Fox are in the “business of show.” 

I don't share the impending doom that some of you have, although I admit to being enraged that CNN gave this fascist fuck a platform.

He lost in 2020. Since then, he has:

- Led an effort through the courts to illegally, and unconstitutionally overturn an election

-Encouraged his supporters to storm the capitol, and to use violence to overturn an election

-Was revealed through recorded tapes that he called officials in Georgia and pressured them to illegally overturn votes.

-Had dozens of his most ardent supporters imprisoned for crimes against the US

-Been criminally charged

-Been found liable for defamation and sexual assault

-Supported Putin in his genocidal campaign against Ukraine.

-I'd wager there's a greater than 50% chance that DOJ adds additional criminal charges between now and November of 2024.

Of course he will still get tens of millions of votes, but what has changed since November of 2016 that will bring those voters who abandoned him back into the fold in 2024?

Honestly, I'm not that concerned about Trump in '24, absent a devastating recession. I remain deeply concerned about Trumpism going forward, however.

Edited by Foosters
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

I don't share the impending doom that some of you have, although I admit to being enraged that CNN gave this fascist fuck a platform.

He lost in 2020. Since then, he has:

- Led an effort through the courts to illegally, and unconstitutionally overturn an election

-Encouraged his supporters to storm the capitol, and to use violence to overturn an election

-Was revealed through recorded tapes that he called officials in Georgia and pressured them to illegally overturn votes.

-Had dozens of his most ardent supporters imprisoned for crimes against the US

-Been criminally charged

-Been found liable for defamation and sexual assault

-Supported Putin in his genocidal campaign against Ukraine.

Of course he will still get tens of millions of votes, but what has changed since November of 2016 that will bring those voters who abandoned him back into the fold in 2024?

Honestly, I'm not that concerned about Trump in '24, absent a devastating recession. I remain deeply concerned about Trumpism going forward, however.

I guardedly agree.  None of this affects his hardest-core followers, but they couldn't keep him in office in 2020.  I don't think it's going to get any better for him in 2024.

I am quite concerned that post-election shenanigans make it a closer thing than 2020, but I wonder if the popular/electoral vote will wind up being as close.

I'd like for him to go away one way or another to see if we can get the country back on a more even footing.

• Hook 'Em 3

Fair.  Where I disagree is this continued notion that republicans suck and there's nothing Biden (or any president, for that matter), can do about it.  I don't readily accept defeatism.   Big surprise.

lol and what do you suggest he do?

Now you’re just trolling yourself lmao

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I am quite concerned that post-election shenanigans make it a closer thing than 2020, but I wonder if the popular/electoral vote will wind up being as close.

Yes, this is the big one. My take assumes all votes will actually be counted.

• Hook 'Em 1

catching up now and i think mccroskey has won me over.  next fall, when i go to my polling place, and see the options are (d) biden and (r) trump, i will use that opportunity to write in "the world of politics is broken and needs to be better" and then i will leave with my head held high.

both sides is no sides.  take a fucking side, dimwit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

catching up now and i think mccroskey has won me over.  next fall, when i go to my polling place, and see the options are (d) biden and (r) trump, i will use that opportunity to write in "the world of politics is broken and needs to be better" and then i will leave with my head held high.

That's basically what I did with my Gary vote and I regret it immensely.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Republicans fucking suck.  Out loud.  Hard.

Don't believe this former Republican voter, take the word of a Republican strategist:

This guy still exists?

Also the "Lincoln Project" is hilarious

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/12/lincoln-project-scandal-468984

People familiar with the organization’s internal dynamics say specific complaints about Weaver’s conduct were brought to managers in the summer of 2020, though Schmidt has pushed back on those claims. In his Friday evening statement, Schmidt said that he “learned about John Weaver’s misconduct with an underage boy this past January.”

The Lincoln Project released a statement earlier in the week saying that it was retaining a “best-in-class outside professional to review Mr. Weaver’s tenure with the organization.”

• Fuck You 1

People really need to understand that Trump will be the Republican nominee and what that means. It means there is a significant chance he wins the general.

Not because of logic or reason, but because 1. swing voters are, in the main, low-information morons and 2. Trumpers, if they haven't already, know that violence will be necssary to win, and they have the time to make plans to violently acquire the EVs they need in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina and Michigan.

CNN's biggest failure here wasn't in how this was staged, the questions asked, the lack of pushback/highlighing lies. It was in having this at all. Trump was given time that "any legitimate" candidate could also get.

CNN said last night that Trump could legitimately be president again. CNN legitimized, prospectively, an authoritarian overthrow of our system of government.

IMO, it's hard to overstate how bad last night was for this country.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

This guy still exists?

People familiar with the organization’s internal dynamics say specific complaints about Weaver’s conduct were brought to managers in the summer of 2020, though Schmidt has pushed back on those claims. In his Friday evening statement, Schmidt said that he “learned about John Weaver’s misconduct with an underage boy this past January.”

The Lincoln Project released a statement earlier in the week saying that it was retaining a “best-in-class outside professional to review Mr. Weaver’s tenure with the organization.”

and? 

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Maybe save that for 2028. This next one is too important 

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

This guy still exists?

Care to address his comments? Or add anything of substance?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

This guy still exists?

No one cares.

When it counts, Wilson and LP spit fire. 

They're among a handful of identifiable Republicans that do.