50 Cal to Ukraine

Handcruser

We’ll get it coated in burnt orange with CJK5H on one side in black and SurlyHorns in black on the other side.

Pledge your donation here.

Immamac can collect the money and provide payment once we know we can get it there.

We need 11k maybe 12K. With glass 14K.

• Hook 'Em 7

Figure this out and take my money.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I just want to understand what we are doing here..  I applaud the effort, but I’m guessing it would cost more to get it there than it actually costs.

Maybe we can buy from Israel, or Austria. Somebody has to be represented in the House by a Congresscritter with a Charlie Wilson sensibility, and who might help make the sale happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Figure this out and take my money.

Maybe we can buy from Israel, or Austria. Somebody has to be represented in the House by a Congresscritter with a Charlie Wilson sensibility, and who might help make the sale happen. 

Handcruser is a gun dealer IIRC, so he’s probably 80% ahead of the curve on this, but I’m doubting that buying one makes a whole lot of sense.  Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but let’s start a gofundme and buy a bunch of them and spread that shipping cost across multiple weapons.  We’ve raised north of $50k in a day for a few players who had moms with some health problems.  

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

In for $100 

Why don’t we just give money to the sniper guy in Ukraine asking for the money ?

I'm with Neonmoon here...as cool as it is to get some pics and say "we donated a 50 cal to Ukraine, in burnt orange, and got to see it blast russians" would the more efficient route be to donate directly to their defense, since I'm sure they've already got shit lined up to get weapons/supplies there they need? This feels more about our vanity than their needs. 

• Hook 'Em 6

I'm in for $200....but yeah, as cool as it would be to see kill marks on a rifle with CJK5H on it....I want to tend to their real-deal needs, and get them as much "bang for the buck" as possible.  Maybe we reach out to the contact referenced in the article, and ask him specifically what they need right now (maybe they need some more .308s for the gals who hunt Russians at night....HAWT), and where they source them.  Why deal with customs and shipping and such when they can just buy what they need in Poland and drive it across?

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

As an alternative - how would you guys feel about developing some of our own patches and supplying those to the troops? Morale booster and such- maybe even put them on some plate carriers.

If we're going to have @THUJONE prepare a special illustration of Putin eating a bag of dicks.....then.....of course.

But we should still try to get these snipers some weapons directly.  Maybe you know folks in the gun dealer community who have some hookups in Poland or whatnot?

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm in for $200....but yeah, as cool as it would be to see kill marks on a rifle with CJK5H on it....I want to tend to their real-deal needs, and get them as much "bang for the buck" as possible.  Maybe we reach out to the contact referenced in the article, and ask him specifically what they need right now (maybe they need some more .308s for the gals who hunt Russians at night....HAWT), and where they source them.  Why deal with customs and shipping and such when they can just buy what they need in Poland and drive it across?

We can send a few hundred stickers to slap on ammo boxes along with the donation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

As an alternative - how would you guys feel about developing some of our own patches and supplying those to the troops? Morale booster and such- maybe even put them on some plate carriers.

Could also sell to US folks to raise more money

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

If we're going to have @THUJONE prepare a special illustration of Putin eating a bag of dicks.....then.....of course.

And if it is done by @THUJONE it could raise lots of money.

1 minute ago, sidis said:

look, i'm not gonna tell you how to run your business or your threads but giving a pretty compelling thread title about sending a fucking .50 caliber sniper rifle of fucking terror death to ukranian soldiers to kill a bunch of invading shitheads and then pivoting to hey guys, how about we send some fun rub on fake tatoos to boost morale is a hell of a turn...and a fun metaphor for european foreign policy.

why-not-both.jpg

• immamac unpinned this topic