Judge sides with man who sued Texas Pete for not being from Texas

GoPokes83

I'm going to  guess that that is a ruling on a motion to dismiss, which doesn't really consider the validity of the claim except in the most abstract or cursory way.

Could it conceivably be confusing?  Maybe, yeah, ok.

Is it actually confusing and can anyone demonstrate harm from the "deception"?   We shall see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm going to  guess that that is a ruling on a motion to dismiss, which doesn't really consider the validity of the claim except in the most abstract or cursory way.

Is it actually confusing and can anyone demonstrate harm from the "deception"?   We shall see.

I know of at least one additional person that purchased it, thinking it was from Texas. They were not happy when I showed them it was from NC. 

Damages would only be $2-3 and some disappointment though. 

38 minutes ago, Pods said:

I know of at least one additional person that purchased it, thinking it was from Texas. They were not happy when I showed them it was from NC. 

i'm pretty sure in the good eats episode where alton said you used to only find hot sauce from lousiana and texas that georgian was referring to texas pete. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pods said:

But this is a class action suit. So multiply $3 x number of members in class and take 1/3 of that for the lawyers bringing the suit   

Fucking lawyers man

• Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Completely this (as you know, but responding for others). Judges don’t rule on an MSJ or dismissal like this if there’s 0.01% chance of the other side prevailing. Without digging farther than what was posted by OP, this is a really dumb suit. They could just say “his buddies called him Texas Pete” and that would be the end of it. One of our fellow barristers made this suit happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/6/2023 at 12:10 AM, RDCanecutter said:

The very name "Texas Pete" implies that it's not currently residing in Texas. Do you leave your house in Austin and walk down the sidewalk with bluebirds chirping like in a banned Disney film, saying "Why how do Mr. Texas Bob, Ms. Texas Sappho de Boudicca, and Sr. Tejas Antonio?" No. Those people live in Texas and therefore do not have a "Texas" nickname.

It is when Pete from Texas moves to Hong Kong, Montevideo, or Charlotte North Carolina that he may acquire the "Texas" sobriquet.

So the question is not DOES Texas Pete live in Texas, we know he doesn't. It's whether he DID once live in Texas. Lawyers get to work.

I do hail from Reata Pass which is in the county of San Saba, bein’ the which-a-why “The San Saba Songbird” is m’sobriquet of preference. But right now I would appreciate it if you would place your weapon in that receptacle by the swingin doors, which concealin’ it on your person in the first place was a violation of the rules of this establishment and an offense against local norms.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

26 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Has anyone confirmed that in fact, South Austins mom is from south Austin?

I'm not sure, but we know South Austin is from South Austin's mom. Or at least we all know what part of South Austin's mom South Austin came from. Or something like that.

I guess I should move forward with my lawsuits against Chic-Fil-A for giving you a packet that says "Saltines" with their chicken noodle soup that has one saltine and with One-A-Day Vitamins who has the recommended dose of two vitamins a day.