2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

21 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

OL played fucking amazing. What a difference from last week 

And almost no penalties.  One hold on Banks but that was down the field a bit.  No dumb jumping offsides, illegal man downfield, etc.  damn good discipline.  after watching the aggy game it was like night and day.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I'm not sold on how good Bama will be this year but the improvement between how we played against Rice in Week 1 and then Bama 7 days later is phenomenal.   
Improve on it some more against Wyoming next week.  

I think they have a high floor, record wise because the SEC west isn’t exactly filled with world beaters this year.

They’re obviously nothing special compared to previous Bama teams but they’re still pretty far to the right of the bell curve in college football. Texas was able to exploit some weaknesses that a lot of teams aren’t necessarily equipped to exploit.

It’s a very good road win which is hugely meaningful for this program
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, gmr548 said:

I think they have a high floor, record wise because the SEC west isn’t exactly filled with world beaters this year.

They’re obviously nothing special compared to previous Bama teams but they’re still pretty far to the right of the bell curve in college football. Texas was able to exploit some weaknesses that a lot of teams aren’t necessarily equipped to exploit.

It’s a very good road win which is hugely meaningful for this program

The SEC West is junk, it has always been junk that was held up by Bama and for one season by LSU.

Spoiler alert: this isn't going in the getting laid 2023 thread.

Turns out when your wife asks how you want to celebrate the Texas win, you're not supposed to say "browse Surly while watching the Pokes and Sun Devils in Pac 12 after dark while drinking aggy tears".

Hang with the boys. That’s what I’m doing. Plus my wife just got her . So I’m out
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Yes, for sure, the flop out. My bad. I'm drunk on tequila and happiness, but you right for sure. Go horns!

At the inception of Surlyhorns, when that bitchass ice cream guy forced a migration from the old site; I preserved the entirety of "the cell phone flop out" for posterity, and because I painstakingly animated every scene in MS paint. The images I made were irrevocable. But the story lives on here, with those who deserve to hear it.

• Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN