Week 10, 2023: Texas at Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Some of their fans were dicks after the game in Ames in 2019, too. Kind of odd. Didn’t see or hear a Texas fan say a negative word or be obnoxious that day. Never seen in when we play then in Austin, either. 

I’ll be watching my back Saturday night. 

You're an asshole but you are OUR asshole. Be safe up there Tex. 

• Hook 'Em 4

About 90% of the national college football podcasters think we’re losing in Ames. “Classic trap game. Prove it Texas.” Blah, blah, same bullshit we’ve heard since 2010. 

All they talk about it is not trusting Texas, but have they stopped to consider Iowa State isn’t that good? They’ve had some horrific losses and really haven’t a played a complete game until last week. 

I think Texas is due for a breakout. Especially with Quinn getting healthier every week. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

About 90% of the national college football podcasters think we’re losing in Ames. “Classic trap game. Prove it Texas.” Blah, blah, same bullshit we’ve heard since 2010. 

All they talk about it is not trusting Texas, but have they stopped to consider Iowa State isn’t that good? They’ve had some horrific losses and really haven’t a played a complete game until last week. 

I think Texas is due for a breakout. Especially with Quinn getting healthier every week. 

Feels like they’ve been calling for our demise for 2-4 weeks now. It’ll happen when it happens but at this point, it’s just sexy to pick us to be upset 

• Hook 'Em 4

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They said the same shit about KSU. Oops.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Dr Ship said:

James Milner Lfc GIF by Liverpool FC

Lets be clear here: I don't begrudge Texas for moving, but I don't have to be happy about it due to the fact it negatively effects my school. All I'll say is your insufferable arrogance is part of what drove other teams to leave. The attitude of smaller schools (ISU included) caving in to larger schools to keep them around works great...all the original schools that were benefitting most from unequal revenue sharing left anyway. The SEC seems to have figured out that it is greater than the sum of its parts, and it's going to be very interesting to see how Texas' attitude fits in with that.

I don't know how all this realignment stuff ultimately plays out, but money is undefeated. If it moves toward a super conference I think that will be bad for the game, if the dust settles a bit now I think a 12 team playoff could be a lot of fun. We shall see.🤘👇

Fuck Iowa State!!

Nothing changes. We knew these cunts were going to get fired up sometime during the game anyway. This team has been playing with fire letting off the gas every game since Kansas now maybe they needed this kick in the ass during game week after their coach called them out as well in the Monday press conference 

14 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

The business of college football killed the Big 8 and SWC. It wasn't our fault the Big XII got its ass kicked by the SEC and the Big 10. Well ok maybe it was by sucking at football. 

Well I hope Nebraska is happy being in a league with two schools who openly condoned and covered up systematic sexual abuse. And I hope you are happy staying in a league with one. I understand having a bad attitude is far worse than that to some schools. The fact that us having an attitude you don't like is somehow worse than that shit blows my mind. If being in a league with insufferable assholes really was a motivating factor everybody would have voted to kick Penn State and Michigan State out of the Big 10. But they didn't because it isn't about that.

Anyway it sucks all this had to happen. I will miss you guys. Except Baylor fuck them.

But you won't miss us. And that's fine. Life goes on and shit.

Ok there is one thing I definitely won't miss about Iowa State. You fucks got rid of your baseball team, fucking up Big 12 scheduling forever.

You know I don't know when the Big 10 was kicking the Big 12's ass (other than Iowa-Iowa State, the only frequent matchup). Big 10 gets by because it has large alumni bases and large population centers. SEC (well, at least 4 or 5 teams) is legitimately better than everyone so they get paid. Penn State and Baylor should have gotten the death penalty, and I'm leaning toward MSU as well( won't pretend to know everything about their situation). Even the way the BIG handled this Harbaugh stuff shows the only thing they thought the league did wrong was get caught. Terribly unethical league. Texas arrogance isn't in the same galaxy as those wrongs.

Believe it or not, I will miss you guys. I loved the 10 team Big XII. The round robin in football is the way to go, and the double round robin in basketball was a thing of beauty. Up until you and Oklahoma left I was hopeful the Big XII could grab schools from the Pac 12 this round of media negotiations. Realignment sucks. Although with the future membership of the Big XII, I think Iowa State is well positioned to be a competitor in the league, and possibly make a playoff. 

No strong feelings about baseball. Just not as big of a deal up north.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I would not say 2010 since it took a couple of years after our MNC appearance to earn what folks would say about us. So it does not bother me because now we are on our way to swinging the pendulum back the other way but it will take some time again.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm going with the last 3 games have been lookahead games as Texas had this game circled since summer.  

I know our recent performances in Ames have not been good, but I seriously doubt this is a game that Texas had circled before the season started over the last three (or any other game on the schedule for that matter).  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I guess we're playing Iowa State without their stadium lights on during the game. Ooooh, if they wear black uniforms, we won't even see them. 

Sidebar: The Iowa State black uniforms fucking suck, and are one of Matt Campbell's worst ideas.

"We're having a historically strong couple of season - lets wear uniforms that have no school colors and an illegible logo so when we look back at the photos we'll look like a 13 year old's video game create-a-team!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So if I'm making a real prediction here...

Going to be a tough out for ISU. Texas is the best team that we've played this year. I don't buy traditional Texas preseason hype, and am very much in the 'prove it' camp, but this year you're doing that. If you aren't 'back', you appear to be very close. Which is surprising I didn't think Sark had it in him. I think culture in sports is mostly a bs buzzword, but your culture was legitimately broken under Herman. I didn't think Sark was the guy to fix it.

Keys to the game : Iowa State needs to open up the playbook. Our line is not physical enough to push anyone around, let alone Texas, and the passing game needs to be used to help the run. Our pass protection has been surprisingly good, helped by the fact that Rocco Becht is a smart and talented QB. We've got some WR and TE that can make your life miserable, and our RB can tera you up given the chance. Abu Sama had his breakout game last week against BYU, but the talent has been apparent all year. If the staff decides they want to play conservative like they did against Iowa, Ohio, and Kansas it will be  along day for Cyclone Nation.

Defensively I think Iowa State needs to be rushing 4 most of the game. Our d-line is not talented enough to get pressure with only 3rushers. Our secondary is talented, but give Ewers time and he'll find a guy. Our defense has been stout under Heacock and I'm confident he'll have a good plan, or at least make the necessary adjustments. We've been ball-hawkish this year so Ewers better watch the turnovers. If Jeremiah Cooper is out at FS your coaching staff would be fools not to attack.

We have competent special teams this year! Jaylin Noel has had some great punt/kick returns so watch out for him. FG kicker is competent, 18/22 on the year and long of 56. I wish our punter would get the ball off quicker, but he's been pretty solid.

Should be a good game. You guys have the athletes and talent to run away with it, but Iowa State has been surprisingly stout this year. We are an extremely young team, and have been playing better as the year goes on. Wish it was going to be colder, but it should be beautiful football weather. I find it hilarious how cold Texas teams look in November in Iowa. Hope anyone going to the game has a good experience, but expect some ribbing and an 'SEC' chant if you lose. 

Close one where UT has a good first half but ISU comes back. Texas-24 Iowa State 27. Would love it if it was a walk off field goal like in 2019.

🤘👇

Edited by Dr Ship
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 24

Every B12 team has had or has the Texas game circled on their calendar for a year. We've gotten the best from every B12 team this year. We beat they ass. This week and Tech will be no different. It's their Superbowl. To us, they are just another insignificant dipshit on our path to win this conference on our way out. 

Fuck em. We roll thanks to the asshole giving us bulletin board material.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Every B12 team has had or has the Texas game circled on their calendar for a year. We've gotten the best from every B12 team this year. We beat they ass. This week and Tech will be no different. It's their Superbowl. To us, they are just another insignificant dipshit on our path to win this conference on our way out. 

Fuck em. We roll thanks to the asshole giving us bulletin board material.

whoopthattrick.gif.d1fc957b3f00613fe5e4b10d152754e0.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Elwood City Limits — Mr. Ratburn with a gentle smile encouraging you to...image.jpeg.386dcebaf5023ece24b40c3e347d4afa.jpeg

This shit is definitely coming from dickface. He may have a disappointing season, but as long as he beats Texas at home, he'll make ISU fans and players forget about the disappointing season. The whole underdog we are a bunch of 3 stars competing against other schools with higher stars, better facilities, and more money defines Campbell and ISU. Texas is the epitome of the school with the most.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just realized that this is your second of two games outside the state of Texas...crazy how that works.

Wish Hufford had kept his mouth shut, but if Texas needed bulletin board material to get up for this game you were boned. You've got a CCG and a potential CFP spot on the line if you just win.

horns-down.gif

• Fuck You 34

42 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

This shit is definitely coming from dickface. He may have a disappointing season, but as long as he beats Texas at home, he'll make ISU fans and players forget about the disappointing season. The whole underdog we are a bunch of 3 stars competing against other schools with higher stars, better facilities, and more money defines Campbell and ISU. Texas is the epitome of the school with the most.

They've already won six games, which is a banner year at ISU.

All he needs is a narrow win over Northern Illinois in the Belk Bowl to cement his "all time great" status for the clones. Regardless of how Saturday goes, their program is pathetic and should have been relegated to the FCS years ago. 

1 hour ago, Dr Ship said:

Just realized that this is your second of two games outside the state of Texas...crazy how that works.

Wish Hufford had kept his mouth shut, but if Texas needed bulletin board material to get up for this game you were boned. You've got a CCG and a potential CFP spot on the line if you just win.

horns-down.gif

The first one turned out ok. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:
1 hour ago, Dr Ship said:

True, but to be fair Waco is pretty much another state, if not country.

Indeed ...

Texas is 4.8x the size of Iowa, 9.4x the population with 5x the number of Rig 12 members + a guaranteed game with OU at the Cotton Bowl every season.

ISU to Iowa University:  125 miles

Austin to: 108 miles to Waco, 187 miles to TCU, 406 miles to Texas Tech, 195 miles to Cotton Bowl, 164 miles to Cougar High Stadium.

Source:  Britannica.com

Texas: 268,596 square miles, 30,029,572 population (2022 estimated)

Iowa:  56,273 square miles, 3,200,517 population (2022 estimated)

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Dr Ship said:

So if I'm making a real prediction here...

Going to be a tough out for ISU. Texas is the best team that we've played this year. I don't buy traditional Texas preseason hype, and am very much in the 'prove it' camp, but this year you're doing that. If you aren't 'back', you appear to be very close. Which is surprising I didn't think Sark had it in him. I think culture in sports is mostly a bs buzzword, but your culture was legitimately broken under Herman. I didn't think Sark was the guy to fix it.

Keys to the game : Iowa State needs to open up the playbook. Our line is not physical enough to push anyone around, let alone Texas, and the passing game needs to be used to help the run. Our pass protection has been surprisingly good, helped by the fact that Rocco Becht is a smart and talented QB. We've got some WR and TE that can make your life miserable, and our RB can tera you up given the chance. Abu Sama had his breakout game last week against BYU, but the talent has been apparent all year. If the staff decides they want to play conservative like they did against Iowa, Ohio, and Kansas it will be  along day for Cyclone Nation.

Defensively I think Iowa State needs to be rushing 4 most of the game. Our d-line is not talented enough to get pressure with only 3rushers. Our secondary is talented, but give Ewers time and he'll find a guy. Our defense has been stout under Heacock and I'm confident he'll have a good plan, or at least make the necessary adjustments. We've been ball-hawkish this year so Ewers better watch the turnovers. If Jeremiah Cooper is out at FS your coaching staff would be fools not to attack.

We have competent special teams this year! Jaylin Noel has had some great punt/kick returns so watch out for him. FG kicker is competent, 18/22 on the year and long of 56. I wish our punter would get the ball off quicker, but he's been pretty solid.

Should be a good game. You guys have the athletes and talent to run away with it, but Iowa State has been surprisingly stout this year. We are an extremely young team, and have been playing better as the year goes on. Wish it was going to be colder, but it should be beautiful football weather. I find it hilarious how cold Texas teams look in November in Iowa. Hope anyone going to the game has a good experience, but expect some ribbing and an 'SEC' chant if you lose. 

Close one where UT has a good first half but ISU comes back. Texas-24 Iowa State 27. Would love it if it was a walk off field goal like in 2019.

🤘👇

TLDR: Cyclones are gonna get slept. 

• Hook 'Em 1