Week 10, 2023: Texas at Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

There is a legitimate possibility that Yormark is intelligent enough to realize that the only shot the conference has in terms of getting some of that sweet, sweet CFP largesse is if Texas wins out. I actually think that's why the officiating seemed closer to decent against TCU. It's $6M to the conference, I believe, should a team make the CFP. Is that enough to matter? I don't know. It's enough to give pause, however. 
I realize the unfunny consensus on this board is that Yormark is a thoughtless imbecile and that Texas will always be fucked with Big 12 officiating. Those posts can be spared. We all get it. Just throwing out the possibility that a rational human being might look at circumstances as they're presenting themselves and say "maybe we should just focus our 'fuck yous' for OU since Texas has a chance to make all of us some money?"

This is one of the reasons the preemptive crying about officials here has gotten more annoying every week. At some point you’re getting into saying the conference wants to cost itself several million in revenue. Okay then.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This is one of the reasons the preemptive crying about officials here has gotten more annoying every week. At some point you’re getting into saying the conference wants to cost itself several million in revenue. Okay then.

Big 12 says hi.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

zeus reporting in rigrefssuck thread: "Alvarez" (crew implied?)

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

well once it became obvious the conference wasn't running through lubbock...

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

It’s almost as if the B12 has hired officials that have fucked over the conference’s biggest cash cow consistently over the last 10+ years.  They would never do that right?  That wouldn’t make sense would it?  Have you actually been watching the games?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

So twisters used to be called cyclones and the Iowa State mascot is the cardinal because Iowans picked cyclones, again now called twisters whereas cyclones refer to tropical storms (not typically a problem in the Midwest), but they couldn't figure out how to depict tornadoes (née cyclones) and the cardinal was red like the school colors, so ... herr derr close enough.

Holy run-on sentences, Batman!

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Riiiiiggghhhht. They're already losing their cash cow (pun intended) so they're going to be extra careful and walk the straight line to collect that small fraction of what they're already losing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know- this conference does what its members want. $6m divided by 12 to each school for UT making the playoffs? Or the satisfaction of sending Texas packing without having to watch Ewers hoist a trophy, smoking a cigar? I’m not sure they’ll be rational about this. 

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

I think JB’s injury will force Sark to call the game more creatively (Sweeps/Pitches/trick plays) and knows that we cannot go conservative if we get a big lead.

Contrarily, Sark is still Sark.

Sark did not go conservative last game. That narrative needs to die. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Yes.  This explains why when couples divorce, they sit down and divide asssets rationally and fairly instead of losing money by hiring attorneys and litigating over stupid shit for months.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

So twisters used to be called cyclones and the Iowa State mascot is the cardinal because Iowans picked cyclones, again now called twisters whereas cyclones refer to tropical storms (not typically a problem in the Midwest), but they couldn't figure out how to depict tornadoes (née cyclones) and the cardinal was red like the school colors, so ... herr derr close enough.

Tldr;

Iowa State is dumb and fucking sucks and is getting destroyed tonight.

...mmmmmmwhat?

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I don't remember anyone saying that. Everyone, including Sark, knew going into the season this team would have to beat the big 12 refs by not allowing games be close enough to let them screw you. 

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

On 11/17/2023 at 2:47 PM, closetojumping said:

There is a legitimate possibility that Yormark is intelligent enough to realize that the only shot the conference has in terms of getting some of that sweet, sweet CFP largesse is if Texas wins out. I actually think that's why the officiating seemed closer to decent against TCU. It's $6M to the conference, I believe, should a team make the CFP. Is that enough to matter? I don't know. It's enough to give pause, however. 

I realize the unfunny consensus on this board is that Yormark is a thoughtless imbecile and that Texas will always be fucked with Big 12 officiating. Those posts can be spared. We all get it. Just throwing out the possibility that a rational human being might look at circumstances as they're presenting themselves and say "maybe we should just focus our 'fuck yous' for OU since Texas has a chance to make all of us some money?"

Or maybe not

(Re: punt return TD being called back)

Edited by Viper
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/14/2023 at 12:01 PM, Dr Ship said:

I can only hope that Iowa State can give you guys and your CFP hopes a giant kick in the fellas on your way out the door. I've been predicting ISU will win this game since I saw the schedule and I'll stand by that. I could write some long diatribe about my feeling about Texas and the role they played in the destruction of the Big 8/SWC/Big XII, but I won't. I get why you're leaving for the SEC, and If ISU was in a position to move there or to the BIG, we would.

That said, don't expect and hug and a kiss on the way out. 🤘👇.

FB_IMG_1636257192559.jpg

I can only hope you liked that taste of taint as we dragged our balls on your face, you clown-ass bitch. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1