“Many” chiefs fans now preparing for amputations after frostbite injuries from playoff game vs Miami

• shadow_operative changed the title to “Many” chiefs fans now preparing for amputations after frostbite injuries from playoff game vs Miami
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 2:33 PM, shadow_operative said:

As someone who has experienced temps (and windchills) much lower than that many times, I’m calling total bs on the guy who claims he only had his gloves off for 5 minutes. He’s just sticking with his story of being a pussy. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dumb, drunk Chiefs fans get injured at an NFL game?

Season 9 What GIF by The Office

Better than the 3 guys that passed out dead in their friend's backyard I guess. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

They should make Indian jewelry out of the severed digits and wear that to future Chiefs games.

Get a necklace with just their middle finger, so they can still flip off the opposing team with the gloves on next time.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm stealing this from something I saw on Instagram, but sacrificing body parts for NFL success is some peak Midwest shit.

I've been sacrificing my liver to Texas football for decades.  Midwest poons.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

This has to be just terrible planning on the part of these people losing toes and fingers.  Maybe don’t wear one pair of normal socks and your airy tennis shoes that will get said socks wet to a game like that..   Buy and actually wear waterproof gloves and take a few of those cheap hand warmers.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

This has to be just terrible planning on the part of these people losing toes.  Maybe don’t wear one pair of normal socks and your airy tennis shoes that will get said socks wet to a game like that..   

Yeah I mean that's cold as fuck but I'm pretty sure I've skied in single digits. For a fact I know I've been in Taos when it's been negative at night/in the mornings. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I mean that's cold as fuck but I'm pretty sure I've skied in single digits. For a fact I know I've been in Taos when it's been negative at night/in the mornings. 

I'm guessing these are fat as fuck Midwesterners that are either full on diabetes or close to it that sat down and didn't move for 3.5 hours. Not great for circulation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, pops said:

I'm guessing these are fat as fuck Midwesterners that are either full on diabetes or close to it that sat down and didn't move for 3.5 hours. Not great for circulation. 

I was going to say, maybe they’re just trying to get the Chiefs to pay for some toes they needed removed anyway. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

And how many had to have medical treatment after getting their tongues frozen onto the hand rails?

Scores of aggies get their tongues frozen to windows and door knobs every winter. 

3 hours ago, gatormarc said:

Get a necklace with just their middle finger, so they can still flip off the opposing team with the gloves on next time.

There will undoubtedly be some new Chiefs tailgating libations that result from this. A disembodied nose-picking finger in a bottle of Jagermeister, or something similar. 

18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

There will undoubtedly be some new Chiefs tailgating libations that result from this. A disembodied nose-picking finger in a bottle of Jagermeister, or something similar. 

Like that Yukon Sourtoe Cocktail? I could totally see that.

From the story.  Lulz:

Jack Daly came to the Grossman Burn Center in July when he recalls the heat index was 110.

“I had a lighter that I light the grill with and I also had an aerosol can of spray paint due to the heat with the grill the lighter exploded and then it ignited the spray can,” Daly said describing the situation that led to second degree burns now mostly healed over 17% of his body.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/7/2024 at 6:09 PM, Hook1997 said:

This has to be just terrible planning on the part of these people losing toes and fingers.  Maybe don’t wear one pair of normal socks and your airy tennis shoes that will get said socks wet to a game like that..   Buy and actually wear waterproof gloves and take a few of those cheap hand warmers.  

"No such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing."