Vince got knocked the F out

BigDHornfan

13 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Apparently you're not allowed to go to a bar if you're in your 40's according to Surly. 

I miss Shaggy. 

You shouldn’t go to a bar “with your crew” and get into physical altercations in your 40’s for damn sure. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

2006 me watching VY cross that goalline never thought 2024 VY would be in the position he finds himself in now.

Lulz. Yeah, this kind of thing never happens to elite athletes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Apparently you're not allowed to go to a bar if you're in your 40's according to Surly. 

I miss Shaggy. 

Which is weird because I thought all of Shaggy was rich and sophisticated. Gentleman of culture would know there are plenty of bars that sell proper cocktails for civilized adults, so the only option isn't a lowbrow bar dishing out jello shots and Adios Motherfuckers to deviants looking to brawl. 

• Prepare your anus 1

Dumb question but what is Vince doing these days? I mean as far as employment. I think his deal with Texas was done after his last arrest correct? I lost track after that.
Didn't they hire him back a few years after they fired him? Not in the same capacity, but some special assistant title in the athletic department. Not sure if he still has that or not.

Not really my place to speculate on what Vince should or should not be doing with his life, but I am just glad there wasn't some numb nut packing heat in there who decided it would be a good time to show everyone who the real man was.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Looks like he was trying to keep the peace. If he'd been the one throwing punches, he'd be front page news. 

Yes but trying to break up what was clearly a mild fight in an uncrowded bar means his life has gone down the gutter /surly

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Looks like he was trying to keep the peace. If he'd been the one throwing punches, he'd be front page news. 
He was definitely not trying to keep the peace. He grabbed a dude by the throat region in the beginning and was being held back. He was right in the middle of it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
31 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

He was definitely not trying to keep the peace. He grabbed a dude by the throat region in the beginning and was being held back. He was right in the middle of it.

how many punches did Vince throw in that long video?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, tokamak said:

What the fuck is a "shot bar"? Don't all bars serve shots?

Only one I remember was the Schnapps bar on 6th St in the late 80's.  Can't recall the name exactly, maybe Touchees'?  Same side of the street as Maggie Maes, but down a block or so, across from Wileys & 606 iirc, that general area.

Edited by jdhorn92

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

how many punches did Vince throw in that long video?

Instead of separating himself from the morons, he acted in a very aggressive way. He grabbed people, held onto them, pushed people back, etc. He should have just walked away and let the idiots sort it out. But since Vince is well, an idiot, he placed himself right in the middle of a very stupid, pointless and unproductive situation.

I'm so glad he attended the University of Texas and got us a championship. However, he has become an embarrassment to himself. Hope he gets some help but at this point, my expectations for him are very low.   

I agree that a lot of bars in Texas suck. However, breweries here and across the US are fantastic.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Sir, everybody knows you keep the peace by attacking first

GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 1

I hate to see this.

There are bars where Vince can drink himself blind and not get in a fight with wifebeater guy or anyone for that matter.

Four Seasons Hotel - Austin.

Mansion Turtle Creek - Dallas.

Post Oak Hotel - Houston.

There are others.

He was in the wrong place.  Go to the place where the 40-60 crowd will idolize you and buy your drinks and you won’t get fucking swung on.

Go hang out with the young dumbfucks and don’t be surprised when everyone behaves like a … young dumbfuck.

• Like 1

Instead of separating himself from the morons, he acted in a very aggressive way. He grabbed people, held onto them, pushed people back, etc. He should have just walked away and let the idiots sort it out. But since Vince is well, an idiot, he placed himself right in the middle of a very stupid, pointless and unproductive situation.
I'm so glad he attended the University of Texas and got us a championship. However, he has become an embarrassment to himself. Hope he gets some help but at this point, my expectations for him are very low.   
I agree that a lot of bars in Texas suck. However, breweries here and across the US are fantastic.  

Well said.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, CoTex said:

I hate to see this.

There are bars where Vince can drink himself blind and not get in a fight with wifebeater guy or anyone for that matter.

Four Seasons Hotel - Austin.

Mansion Turtle Creek - Dallas.

Post Oak Hotel - Houston.

There are others.

He was in the wrong place.  Go to the place where the 40-60 crowd will idolize you and buy your drinks and you won’t get fucking swung on.

Go hang out with the young dumbfucks and don’t be surprised when everyone behaves like a … young dumbfuck.

There should be a historic plaque outside the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin that reads, “On this spot in 2005, Ryan Philipe cheated on his wife, Reese Witherspoon, with Australian actress, Abbie Cornish.”  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not sure I'd call that a sucker punch.  Dude was pretty much in front of him, too the side a little maybe.  Grabbed him by the collar, turned him, and hit him.

Sucker punch to me is from the side completely unseen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

47 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Dont know about yall but if Vince gets sucker punched in front of me like that I'm going in. My greatest longhorn memory and player is Vince. We riding this out together. 

Alrighty, good luck with that. I'll be at the end of the bar finishing my drink, probably laughing at that entire group of  idiots. I don't give a fuck who it is, some middle-aged drunk's problems aren't my problems. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Alrighty, good luck with that. I'll be at the end of the bar finishing my drink, probably laughing at that entire group of  idiots. I don't give a fuck who it is, some middle-aged drunk's problems aren't my problems. 

Yep. Hook 'em now and forever, but I'm not getting hooked in the spleen with some mullet-headed Okie's knife because the meth tweaked him a little funny that day and he needs to show how tough he is.

A friend or relative? I'd jump in.

But then they're probably smarter than to put themselves in that position.

And I left "dumb drinking games" behind a while ago. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Fuck both of you pussies. If I see VY get sucker punched like that in front of me I'm stepping outside, waiting for the dude to walk out, following him to his house, then putting an explosive device on his car like a normal person. 

But seriously... I bet VY is at his house right now pulling a Sandra

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

That's cool and I'll have a kick ass story of how I threw hands alongside Vince fucking Young. HOOK EM'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I used to run with a bunch of dudes that really enjoyed that shit. Didn’t matter where. Didn’t matter if they won or lost.  If there was no one to fight at the bar, they’d just start shut amongst themselves. I never really understood it.  Dead in the chin/jaw will make you sleep. Sucks for Vince, but fuck that sawed off dude hitting him 30 seconds after while shit has been calmed down.  Hopefully that will circle back around on him one day. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

On 3/26/2024 at 3:32 PM, shadow_operative said:

jesus christ, buncha shaggy tough guys who’ve never been in a fight in their lives rushing in here to tell everyone all about the rules of street fighting. “gotta keep your head on a swivel bro!! rules of the street!” buncha fucking losers. shouldn’t you guys all be at a bar somewhere reliving your HS glory days on the JV football team? 

At least they had glory days that didn't involve filming themselves shooting jumpers on some crappy outdoor basketball court. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/27/2024 at 12:23 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Sadly, you just get the feeling that it's not going to end well for Vince. He's made a lot of really dumb decisions.  At some point, it's on him. I hope he's able to get the help that he needs but it feels to me like he won't.

Yeah, this is where I am.  I've spent an embarassing amount of time in bars, but I'm too old to have crossed paths with VY and that 05 team.  When I started to see the photos of his behavior before the draft (and after), I thought "uh oh, that doesn't look healthy".  Nothing in the nearly 20 years later makes me reassess that position.  

I learned not to drink in bars, partly because I don't really care to have my ears blown out any more unless I'm on stage, but more that I don't want to drive after drinking any substantial amount.  I don't think Vince is there.  I don't have a feeling he'll ever reach the potential he showed with his phenomenal leadership, and those traits CAN translate to life off the field, but jeez dude, get some help.

• Like 2